Turbo European Car

Nightkids

The stock turbo for European cars like VW, Audi, Skoda, etc, does not give such sound. They are not big turbos like the Rex or Evo.

When spooled up on my Passat, it gives a high pitch sound like a continuous chime.

You mean like the aircraft takeoff sound? Yap. By the way, Rex or evo do not have the loud chui chui sound also. Those that have are fitted with aftermarket BOV.

↡ Advertisement

TS is nightkids? not emperor meh?

trying to set up misfiring anti lag system for your evo? [laugh]

Ha ha ha ha...... Initial D ?

I like that Jap animations, one of my fav though....... always listening to Super Eurobeat while driving..... SHIOK!!!

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

The stock turbo for European cars like VW, Audi, Skoda, etc, does not give such sound. They are not big turbos like the Rex or Evo.

When spooled up on my Passat, it gives a high pitch sound like a continuous chime.

High pitch sound like continuous chime?

Cannot imagine wat sound is that wor....... how your car produce the ' chime ' ?

:huh:

High pitch sound like continuous chime?

Cannot imagine wat sound is that wor....... how your car produce the ' chime ' ?

:huh:

Maybe he referring to the sound of turbo spooling, whereby air is being sucked in it gives out a "shhhhhuuuuuuuuuuu" sound. lol

Edited by Aeromania

as long as got turbo and install a BOV, u can get the Psst sound [:p]

buy a copy of torque and flip to pricing pages. it will tell u which car have got turbo and their specs

a second hand bOV will cost about $80 - $120

as long as got turbo and install a BOV, u can get the Psst sound [:p]

buy a copy of torque and flip to pricing pages. it will tell u which car have got turbo and their specs

a second hand bOV will cost about $80 - $120

Oh..... long time never buy car magazine liao..... every issue also have? :huh:

Neutral Newbie

lol.

seems like turbo diesels have no bov, weird...

petrol turbos do though, but usually the boost is so low, that you won't really hear the valve venting the gases back into the exhaust stream, you might want to fit an open pod and try, it does make the induction sound more audible. Don't bother with a bov as it will cause your ecu to go crazy, especially if you're running a MAP sensor instead of AFM to measure airflow.

Edited by XALmoN

not really. it depends on the brand of the BOV and the type of transmission

i'm driving a fiat bravo and some of our chaps rides encounter CEL some dont.

we have narrowed it down to to the 2 factors mentioned earlier

lol.

seems like turbo diesels have no bov, weird...

petrol turbos do though, but usually the boost is so low, that you won't really hear the valve venting the gases back into the exhaust stream, you might want to fit an open pod and try, it does make the induction sound more audible. Don't bother with a bov as it will cause your ecu to go crazy, especially if you're running a MAP sensor instead of AFM to measure airflow.

turbo diesels use internal wastegate.

at least that is what my combo came with.

Neutral Newbie

oh, so they do have an internally vented wastegate, since some have told me they don't have to vent excess pressure anywhere else, and that's what was weird.

and @ robin, how does transmission come into play? and how high boost are they running?

suddenly running rich when letting off is what people with atmo BOVs experience, if you have a plumb back, then there's no problem, but, then unless you're running increased boost, then there's no reason to get a bov is there?

so many funny replies.

i don't remember any stock turbo cars have the "psst psst or "chiu chiu" be it jap or conti make.

most stock turbo cars uses dump valve which recirculate the pressure.

Blow Off Valve aka BOV are aftermarket products to replace the dump valve.

most of them has got a spring to adjust the pressure.

BOV valve sound comes on after the turbo stop spooling like when you release your accelerator,so it is not a matter of big or small turbo.

even a small turbo with BOV can also have a very loud BOV sound coming out.

some ride are not suitable to install as it may cause CEL.

if you hear a whining sound from a stock car,most probably its the turbo spooling sound which is different from the BOV sound.

Neutral Newbie

of course la, like those na cars also make install those big exhaust that have that sound.

but european exhaust is very limited, most ppl go for super sprint exhaust that cost around $6k compare to those common brands like hks, but trust me u want super nice sound, install a radio, confirm u shiok

supersprint exhaust for fiat last checked was 1.1k.. 6k apply to which car?

and for performance according to article i read, video i see, car i drive same same no difference..

Neutral Newbie

so many funny replies.

i don't remember any stock turbo cars have the "psst psst or "chiu chiu" be it jap or conti make.

BOV valve sound comes on after the turbo stop spooling like when you release your accelerator,so it is not a matter of big or small turbo.

if you hear a whining sound from a stock car,most probably its the turbo spooling sound which is different from the BOV sound.

i got whee and pshew leh.. stock wastegate.

so many funny replies.

Can a car with auto transmission turbo engine install BOV ?? :huh:

Example: Fiat Bravo, VW Golf, Skoda Fabia... [:/]