Turbo European Car

Nightkids

lol....it makes no difference to performance....just feels shoik to blow at the other cars that's all especially the cabriolets....i did that and he stared at me...hahaha

↡ Advertisement

OIC........ the sound si beh song leh.......

So back to the question, European Car can have that sound? For example Skoda Fabia, VW golf or polo?

:mellow:

If it's a small engine (i.e. 2.5L or below) with a turbo, u try put a racing suction intake first (like those HKS mushrooms). With a small engine turbo set-up, the suction pressure will be higher, and you get a deep suction everytime ur turbo spools. With a larger CC engine, the air suction sound won't be as prominent. This is perfectly legit, and you can surely hear the sound yourself, though i dunno if pedestrians can hear the chiu chiu. And it's relatively inexpensive and won't mess up ur electronics.

If you decat ur exos, u should get a low frequency persistent rumble that gets louder when you rev. But it just goes "brrrr...."

lol....it makes no difference to performance....just feels shoik to blow at the other cars that's all especially the cabriolets....i did that and he stared at me...hahaha

i am not a great fan of the pizzh pizzzh sound, but must admit that it makes me feel 'fun' +'shiok' also....... especially after overtaking my fren, and then let it out............... good as farting after one or two good bombs in my toilet :D:D

Edited by KARTer

BOV are more show (or rather sound) than go. If so good, all the manufacturers would have used them liao.

Bro, i think the BOV is probably applicable for high HP set-ups (like a 650+HP Evo IX). Stock turbos typically come with internal wastegates. For drag cars/drag racing primarily. A high HP set-up is typically not as driveable on the street, and likely to be non-compliant with emissions regulations, so manufacturers won't do it... Not to forget the costs involved...

Edited by Zangetsu77

BOV are more show (or rather sound) than go. If so good, all the manufacturers would have used them liao.

Unless you are trying to be some boy racer, Save your money & spend your money somewhere else lah.

cannot say it this way.tell me which japanese manufacturer actually have EWG as a factory stock setup. so you saying EWG is

no good so no manufacturers use them ?

things that you might not use doesnt mean its no good.

Edited by Rb26dett

cannot say it this way.tell me which japanese manufacturer actually have EWG as a factory stock setup. so you saying EWG is

no good so no manufacturers use them ?

things that you might not use doesnt mean its no good.

Ok, agree. Maybe wrong choice of words used. There are many reasons why certain parts are not used in production by Manufacturers, not purely because not good.

If it's a small engine (i.e. 2.5L or below) with a turbo, u try put a racing suction intake first (like those HKS mushrooms). With a small engine turbo set-up, the suction pressure will be higher, and you get a deep suction everytime ur turbo spools. With a larger CC engine, the air suction sound won't be as prominent. This is perfectly legit, and you can surely hear the sound yourself, though i dunno if pedestrians can hear the chiu chiu. And it's relatively inexpensive and won't mess up ur electronics.

If you decat ur exos, u should get a low frequency persistent rumble that gets louder when you rev. But it just goes "brrrr...."

Wonder how you know that..... [:p]

Off Topic. Never paint your GT-R yellow, to match your other car? Black is so common on the streets.

Wonder how you know that..... [:p]

Off Topic. Never paint your GT-R yellow, to match your other car? Black is so common on the streets.

Ya, my cars are just BRRR and BRRRRRRRR (Evo louder actually, dunno why) [laugh] ... Yellow just looks right on Evo to me, and GTR i just like it black.

turbo sure got bov sound ma, but not that loud, like my car is tiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu tiuuuuuuuu , sound like gay hahahha

but u want sound learn from me, go install a radio, u want ferrari press ferrai sound, u want lambo press lambo, u want evo, press evo, u want gtr, press gtr ok liao what, what for go and install stupid mob thart decrease your car performance lol

Wow.. Steady man.. If want Vespa sound le ? [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Diverter valve, dump valve and BOV. They all act to release pressure build up upstream of throttle body (throttle shuts during gear change), so not to cause pressure build up that will slow the turbo compressor wheel. Diverter valve(european terminology) in euro cars can be vented to atmosphere to create that "woosh" or "chiu" noise. Usually venting to atmosphere does not have any other benefits, except to tell everyone there is a turbo under the bonnet.

↡ Advertisement