Search
smell

• Search this thread
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone know what an air con gas smell like?

i had experience some smell form the aircon... (only a short period...like a 1 or 2 second burst)... was wondering whether is it the aircon gas leak.

so far my aircon still working fine.

thanks in advanced.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

Agentwilson
  • Premium member
    Agentwilson
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

u pump 98 petrol izzit?
wad car?

what matters our creative endless toil...

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious

your aircon vent open?
i mean there's a vent that allows aircon to circulate within the car or allow air from outside to come in..

you get my drift? laugh.gif
I know it's cheesy. But I feel grate!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear

@Agentwilson... no.. 98.. but 95... make Lancer EX

.... no.. vent was 99.9% closed all the time.... unless i fark in the car ... LOL

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious

Agentwilson... no.. 98.. but 95... make Lancer EX

.... no.. vent was 99.9% closed all the time.... unless i fark in the car ... LOL

fcuk or fart.. LOL!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hermit
  • Premium member
    Hermit
    4th Gear

Air con smell is somewhat sourish..
and it should be constant.

Could be mold at your evaporator coils, have it checked at pro-car aircon workshop/ cleaned with chemical wash should take care of the prob.

Mine did.

Good luck.
身体发肤,受之父母.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear

@Rainbowbiatch... Fart lah... fcuk.. try to.. but worry it will "dirty" my car and affect my luck on 4D ....Heehee

Hermit .. u mean using service like the Tuff Kleen?

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious

Could be mold at your evaporator coils, have it checked at pro-car aircon workshop/ cleaned with chemical wash should take care of the prob.

Mine did.

Good luck.

mould smell are usually funky.. like raining for many days and u didnt drive your car.
and when u do, the air tat comes out frm the aircon usually smell like wet socks... not gas one leh..

but yeah.. best is go get it check at aircon workshop..

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

Kentebar
  • Kentebar
    Clutched

Does changing aircon filter helps?

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Vangaat
  • Vangaat
    2nd Gear

Does changing aircon filter helps?

Don't think so pal.. I swapped for a new A/C filter during my last major servicing (40K), a while (Maybe 1-2K) later the same sourish smell occurs everytime I start up my car and on the A/C. Went back to Toyota (50K) and feedback, smell gone, now close to 1K, start again.. mad.gif

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

Kungfu
  • Kungfu
    4th Gear

AC very hard to get dirty...........maybe 2 years cleaned once ok.............dun always clean..........cuase the solvent used are quite strong

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Ninafrost
  • Ninafrost
    3rd Gear

Smells sweet like acetone or thinner right? And only like a 1 sec whiff then its gone correct? Its normal.

Nina

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

Mine did.

Good luck.

I wonder what could be the problem, if instead of the sourish smell, it was some burnt smell that last for a few secs. Thanks.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

Corgi
  • Corgi
    Neutral Newbie

i do have smell from my air con too and sometime it also last for a few second. anyway just put a refreshner might help though.

Corgi

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    3rd Gear

Hi Bros,

You might want to test this method which I have been using for years .

Turn up the air-con temp to High - wind up all window - of course you are out of the car.

Let the warm air circulate for 5-10 mins within the car.

This will dry up any mold along the air-con system.

Give a try - of course you still need to change your air-con filter 1-2 years period.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Josho
  • Premium member
    Josho
    Supercharged

I also have the sourish smell before.

Was it due to the air refresher? It happened when I start the car with air con at 1.
I did the full blast before, but it is a bit irritating to do every time tho.

BTW, I tried the OWS before. No use. I suspect the mold too.
Torco Racing Engine Oil User

PSN ID: pboong | PS3 PSN/MSN

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users