Air con gas smell

Wolfy3769

anyone know what an air con gas smell like?

i had experience some smell form the aircon... (only a short period...like a 1 or 2 second burst)... was wondering whether is it the aircon gas leak.

so far my aircon still working fine.

thanks in advanced.

↡ Advertisement

@agentwilson... no.. 98.. but 95... make Lancer EX

@rainbowbiathc.... no.. vent was 99.9% closed all the time.... unless i fark in the car ... LOL

Air con smell is somewhat sourish..

and it should be constant.

Could be mold at your evaporator coils, have it checked at pro-car aircon workshop/ cleaned with chemical wash should take care of the prob.

Mine did.

Good luck.

@rainbowbiatch... Fart lah... fcuk.. try to.. but worry it will "dirty" my car and affect my luck on 4D ....Heehee

@hermit .. u mean using service like the Tuff Kleen?

Could be mold at your evaporator coils, have it checked at pro-car aircon workshop/ cleaned with chemical wash should take care of the prob.

Mine did.

Good luck.

mould smell are usually funky.. like raining for many days and u didnt drive your car.

and when u do, the air tat comes out frm the aircon usually smell like wet socks... not gas one leh..

but yeah.. best is go get it check at aircon workshop..

Neutral Newbie

Does changing aircon filter helps?

Don't think so pal.. I swapped for a new A/C filter during my last major servicing (40K), a while (Maybe 1-2K) later the same sourish smell occurs everytime I start up my car and on the A/C. Went back to Toyota (50K) and feedback, smell gone, now close to 1K, start again.. [mad]

AC very hard to get dirty...........maybe 2 years cleaned once ok.............dun always clean..........cuase the solvent used are quite strong

Mine did.

Good luck.

I wonder what could be the problem, if instead of the sourish smell, it was some burnt smell that last for a few secs. Thanks.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

i do have smell from my air con too and sometime it also last for a few second. anyway just put a refreshner might help though.

Corgi

Hi Bros,

You might want to test this method which I have been using for years .

Turn up the air-con temp to High - wind up all window - of course you are out of the car.

Let the warm air circulate for 5-10 mins within the car.

This will dry up any mold along the air-con system.

Give a try - of course you still need to change your air-con filter 1-2 years period.

I also have the sourish smell before.

Was it due to the air refresher? It happened when I start the car with air con at 1.

I did the full blast before, but it is a bit irritating to do every time tho.

BTW, I tried the OWS before. No use. I suspect the mold too.

↡ Advertisement