Swapping of seats

Beehive3783

Not sure where this topic should go, so here it is.

I have a pair of stock seats from car A and I intend to install the seats in car B. This pair of stock seats come with double locking rails and brackets originally for car A. The problem is, car A and B are not the same model, so what should be done to make the seats fit into car B? And where is a good workshop to get this done?

Please give some recommendations as I am quite clueless in this area of modification. Thanks. [cool]

↡ Advertisement

miki marketing?

if i don't remember wrongly.

stock bucket seats or..??

or just call them and ask la..

the seats are normal stock, not semi buckets. Miki Marketing is too atas already.

the seats are normal stock, not semi buckets. Miki Marketing is too atas already.

HAHAHA!! WHERE GOT ATAS?!

the last time i went n change my steering, the uncle that did for me so funny..

chet hokkien all.. n he is super friendly too..

i think the atas one is the short hair lady boss upstairs la..

HAHAHA!! WHERE GOT ATAS?!

the last time i went n change my steering, the uncle that did for me so funny..

chet hokkien all.. n he is super friendly too..

i think the atas one is the short hair lady boss upstairs la..

Hmm.. I shy to call.. so I emailed them instead.. dunno if they check their email or not hahaha

They will have to fabricate a set of brackets to fit car b.

you retain the locking rails.

Thanks for the advice bro.. any recommendations on where I can get this done? A shop quoted me $100 for bracket modification (not custom fabrication of new brackets) for each seat and I'm not sure if the price is ok and whether the existing brackets should be modified or not.

Thanks for the advice bro.. any recommendations on where I can get this done? A shop quoted me $100 for bracket modification (not custom fabrication of new brackets) for each seat and I'm not sure if the price is ok and whether the existing brackets should be modified or not.

Call them man, you are the customer !!!

You need to consider whether you will need to put stock seats aka original "seat B" back.

$150 for new brackets @ yap bros iirc

Call them man, you are the customer !!!

You need to consider whether you will need to put stock seats aka original "seat B" back.

$150 for new brackets @ yap bros iirc

Hmm.. let's see..

I want to keep the seat B together with the original brackets and railings as a whole.

The only thing I will want to bring over to seat A from seat B are the seat belt catches as seat A does not come with them.

Seat A already comes with railings, therefore I will only need to fabricate new custom brackets for the seat A so that I can fit them into car B. New railings not required right? :huh:

$150 for new brackets, is it for a pair of seats or only one seat?

Edited by Beehive3783

yeah its either yap bro or jeep chee that does it.

just a call to enquire, they are friendly pple one la

$150 for 1 bracket aka 1 seat.

If can modify the existing bracket on seat A then go for it.

save the $$$

Thanks for all the advice bros.. and sis I think [laugh]

I just called FabulousX after trawling through the net, they said it can't be done without even pausing to think.. so I guess they are not interested. I asked this MyCarShop also, they said need to take a look at the seats first.

@Unfair, it seems that custom bracket can't be used for normal seats? Not quite sure about this. If the bracket that comes with the seat can be modified, then I'll do it. Got no use for it if I customize a bracket also.

@Subzro, thanks I'll call them to ask. Most likely they will also need to take a look at the seats first.