Coffee lovers: You should try this place.

Chewbacca

I guess I sound like spamming, but I've been here a while, enough post so that I don't appear as a spam account, no?

But, anyway, since pretty much all of you have cars, you can try out this place, whose biggest problem is accessibility:

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/papa_palheta/

The coffee is really quite good. Very little sourness and bitter aftertaste, though I've tried only two beens (Indonesia something and Papua New Guinea). Also, pretty cheap for such good brews, $3.50 (it's actually tip based, you don't even have to pay anything, but please don't be an anus, mmmkay?)

↡ Advertisement

hey thanks for the recommendation!

although i try not to drink coffee because it keeps me awake at nights, i might just drop by and check this store out based on your recommendation...

hmm...just bought myself a machine so guess I will be staying home for coffee... :D

imo only, people who buy nespressos aren't exactly coffee lovers.

but yes, the conveniences are good

Been trying to obtain the kopi luwak for my mum from local plantations in Indonesia but seems nobody knows where to get them. Heard they sell in S'pore $30 a cuppa (or >30 cups from local kopitiam) [:p]

Anyway chewbacca hope you dont mind me using your thread. I was just wondering how many of you encounter headaches when drinking coffee or tea. My gf does and since that happens with coke as well, i am inclined to think it is caffeine behind it all. Does drinking decaf coffee prevents the onset of all these? I mean it is a bit wanting for the natural reaction is to avoid all caffeine products altogether but just wanted to know. Thanks

Sorry, but you are wrong there. I was also a skeptic of nespresso earlier but having tasted their coffee, I have to say they do make a good cup of espresso.

As to TS, yes, I have heard that they do make good coffee over there. Other places I like is expressemente(sp) and Keith both around Martin rd area.

Anyway chewbacca hope you dont mind me using your thread. I was just wondering how many of you encounter headaches when drinking coffee or tea. My gf does and since that happens with coke as well, i am inclined to think it is caffeine behind it all. Does drinking decaf coffee prevents the onset of all these? I mean it is a bit wanting for the natural reaction is to avoid all caffeine products altogether but just wanted to know. Thanks

did a google... seems to be caffeine anxiety

Caffeine Anxiety

Do you drink the coffee with artificial sweetened? If its coke, would that be coke light or regular?

did a google... seems to be caffeine anxiety

Caffeine Anxiety

I see, i didn't google but from my own pre-existing knowledge, i do understand everyone having different constitutions, react differently to different drugs. Caffeine being a drug is also the case here. Well, i am not asking about how it happens because i accept the state of things here but i am just wondering how to go from here. Because it will be a shame to be denied the wondrous aroma of coffee if an attractive alternative is available i.e. decaf coffee.

Do you drink the coffee with artificial sweetened? If its coke, would that be coke light or regular?

Hi, the subject is my gf. No she doesn't drink it with artificial sweetener like aspartamine etc. Coke products can be anything coke light, coke zero etc. She told me that she experience such symptoms when she drink tea products from Pokka.

Edited by Happily1986

Your girlfriend would have taken BAD caffeine, as a Barista pulling a shot, anything after "blonding" is bad, have her ask for a single or double shot RISTRETTO, that would do the trick, make full sure the Barista knows how to pull one of these shots' (menu should list) then add on whatever milk, cream you want.

Stale coffee beans will also have a likewise effect.

Edited by Mazdaowner

They do sell the GREEN beans only, and I purchase them for roasting, 5-10kgs at a time.

Two types, arabica and robusta, latter being the lower grade and cheapest.

Been trying to obtain the kopi luwak for my mum from local plantations in Indonesia but seems nobody knows where to get them. Heard they sell in S'pore $30 a cuppa (or >30 cups from local kopitiam) [:p]

they have been in business for some time now, with a new outlet round Kallang. Know the owners personally. Every Monday roasting day.

I guess I sound like spamming, but I've been here a while, enough post so that I don't appear as a spam account, no?

But, anyway, since pretty much all of you have cars, you can try out this place, whose biggest problem is accessibility:

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/papa_palheta/

The coffee is really quite good. Very little sourness and bitter aftertaste, though I've tried only two beens (Indonesia something and Papua New Guinea). Also, pretty cheap for such good brews, $3.50 (it's actually tip based, you don't even have to pay anything, but please don't be an anus, mmmkay?)

Every person has different levels of caffeine tolerances. No suppressant.

As one goes further, the tolerance will be better over a period of time.

I think if it is an 'allergy', the only way is caffeine suppressant If there is such a thing

To each his own, not everyone has the passion to wake up, grind beans, flush the portaflter,

Tam, pull a shot, steam milk, and do latte art. Even with the best of equipment, grind size, best

Beans, no passion, the cuppa would just be plain crap water. The passion counts.

Another finding reveals something as well.

Those of you who have problems with acidity in your stomach after drinking a cup, go for darker roasts.

The chemical that causes hyperacidity in coffee is lesser in darker roasts. However, do note that a dark roast does not necessarily mean it is a good roast. There is a limit to roasting before coffee becomes carbon beans.

↡ Advertisement