Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
293 replies to this topic | 543 praises

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Chewbacca
  • Chewbacca
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I guess I sound like spamming, but I've been here a while, enough post so that I don't appear as a spam account, no?

But, anyway, since pretty much all of you have cars, you can try out this place, whose biggest problem is accessibility:
http://www.hungrygow...e/papa_palheta/

The coffee is really quite good. Very little sourness and bitter aftertaste, though I've tried only two beens (Indonesia something and Papua New Guinea). Also, pretty cheap for such good brews, $3.50 (it's actually tip based, you don't even have to pay anything, but please don't be an anus, mmmkay?)

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

Expertz
  • Expertz
    Banned

hey thanks for the recommendation!
although i try not to drink coffee because it keeps me awake at nights, i might just drop by and check this store out based on your recommendation...

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Dankoo
  • Premium member
    Dankoo
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hmm...just bought myself a machine so guess I will be staying home for coffee... biggrin.gif

Nespresso

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hmm...just bought myself a machine so guess I will be staying home for coffee... biggrin.gif

Nespresso

imo only, people who buy nespressos aren't exactly coffee lovers.

but yes, the conveniences are good

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

normally i would go to Mac, starbucks, coffeebean etc

smile.gif

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Christan
  • Christan
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Been trying to obtain the kopi luwak for my mum from local plantations in Indonesia but seems nobody knows where to get them. Heard they sell in S'pore $30 a cuppa (or >30 cups from local kopitiam) tongue.gif

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyway chewbacca hope you dont mind me using your thread. I was just wondering how many of you encounter headaches when drinking coffee or tea. My gf does and since that happens with coke as well, i am inclined to think it is caffeine behind it all. Does drinking decaf coffee prevents the onset of all these? I mean it is a bit wanting for the natural reaction is to avoid all caffeine products altogether but just wanted to know. Thanks
1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Nonpareil
  • Premium member
    Nonpareil
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, but you are wrong there. I was also a skeptic of nespresso earlier but having tasted their coffee, I have to say they do make a good cup of espresso.

As to TS, yes, I have heard that they do make good coffee over there. Other places I like is expressemente(sp) and Keith both around Martin rd area.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyway chewbacca hope you dont mind me using your thread. I was just wondering how many of you encounter headaches when drinking coffee or tea. My gf does and since that happens with coke as well, i am inclined to think it is caffeine behind it all. Does drinking decaf coffee prevents the onset of all these? I mean it is a bit wanting for the natural reaction is to avoid all caffeine products altogether but just wanted to know. Thanks

did a google... seems to be caffeine anxiety

Caffeine Anxiety
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Nonpareil
  • Premium member
    Nonpareil
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Do you drink the coffee with artificial sweetened? If its coke, would that be coke light or regular?

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

Happily1986
  • Premium member
    Happily1986
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

did a google... seems to be caffeine anxiety

Caffeine Anxiety

I see, i didn't google but from my own pre-existing knowledge, i do understand everyone having different constitutions, react differently to different drugs. Caffeine being a drug is also the case here. Well, i am not asking about how it happens because i accept the state of things here but i am just wondering how to go from here. Because it will be a shame to be denied the wondrous aroma of coffee if an attractive alternative is available i.e. decaf coffee.

Do you drink the coffee with artificial sweetened? If its coke, would that be coke light or regular?

Hi, the subject is my gf. No she doesn't drink it with artificial sweetener like aspartamine etc. Coke products can be anything coke light, coke zero etc. She told me that she experience such symptoms when she drink tea products from Pokka.

Edited by Happily1986, 23 December 2010 - 11:53 AM.

1923 - 2015. You will be missed.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think if it is an 'allergy', the only way is caffeine suppressant If there is such a thing
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your girlfriend would have taken BAD caffeine, as a Barista pulling a shot, anything after "blonding" is bad, have her ask for a single or double shot RISTRETTO, that would do the trick, make full sure the Barista knows how to pull one of these shots' (menu should list) then add on whatever milk, cream you want.
Stale coffee beans will also have a likewise effect.

Edited by Mazdaowner, 23 December 2010 - 09:19 PM.

Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They do sell the GREEN beans only, and I purchase them for roasting, 5-10kgs at a time.
Two types, arabica and robusta, latter being the lower grade and cheapest.

Been trying to obtain the kopi luwak for my mum from local plantations in Indonesia but seems nobody knows where to get them. Heard they sell in S'pore $30 a cuppa (or >30 cups from local kopitiam) tongue.gif

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

they have been in business for some time now, with a new outlet round Kallang. Know the owners personally. Every Monday roasting day.

I guess I sound like spamming, but I've been here a while, enough post so that I don't appear as a spam account, no?

But, anyway, since pretty much all of you have cars, you can try out this place, whose biggest problem is accessibility:
http://www.hungrygow...e/papa_palheta/

The coffee is really quite good. Very little sourness and bitter aftertaste, though I've tried only two beens (Indonesia something and Papua New Guinea). Also, pretty cheap for such good brews, $3.50 (it's actually tip based, you don't even have to pay anything, but please don't be an anus, mmmkay?)

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Every person has different levels of caffeine tolerances. No suppressant.
As one goes further, the tolerance will be better over a period of time.

I think if it is an 'allergy', the only way is caffeine suppressant If there is such a thing

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

To each his own, not everyone has the passion to wake up, grind beans, flush the portaflter,
Tam, pull a shot, steam milk, and do latte art. Even with the best of equipment, grind size, best
Beans, no passion, the cuppa would just be plain crap water. The passion counts.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Another finding reveals something as well.

Those of you who have problems with acidity in your stomach after drinking a cup, go for darker roasts.

The chemical that causes hyperacidity in coffee is lesser in darker roasts. However, do note that a dark roast does not necessarily mean it is a good roast. There is a limit to roasting before coffee becomes carbon beans.
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

Divespyder
  • Divespyder
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Be very careful when driving there as my car wheel dropped into drain when the drain metal grating gave way, and my front bumper was damaged not to mention my rims were badly scratched!!! Some of the drain covers are flimsy and cafe owners told me many vehicles have such "accidents" at the parking lot at the back of the Hooper Road shophouse row,

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, Genie, the darker the roast also, the lesser the caffeine. Thus, darkest without being charcoal
Is espresso roast. Btw, come by soon, I'm roasting a batch of Bali and Toraja, city + let me know,
I brew up a good cuppa for you. biggrin.gif

Another finding reveals something as well.

Those of you who have problems with acidity in your stomach after drinking a cup, go for darker roasts.

The chemical that causes hyperacidity in coffee is lesser in darker roasts. However, do note that a dark roast does not necessarily mean it is a good roast. There is a limit to roasting before coffee becomes carbon beans.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Coffee, lovers, should, this and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users