Coffee lovers: You should try this place.

Chewbacca

Be very careful when driving there as my car wheel dropped into drain when the drain metal grating gave way, and my front bumper was damaged not to mention my rims were badly scratched!!! Some of the drain covers are flimsy and cafe owners told me many vehicles have such "accidents" at the parking lot at the back of the Hooper Road shophouse row,

↡ Advertisement

Yes, Genie, the darker the roast also, the lesser the caffeine. Thus, darkest without being charcoal

Is espresso roast. Btw, come by soon, I'm roasting a batch of Bali and Toraja, city + let me know,

I brew up a good cuppa for you. :D

Another finding reveals something as well.

Those of you who have problems with acidity in your stomach after drinking a cup, go for darker roasts.

The chemical that causes hyperacidity in coffee is lesser in darker roasts. However, do note that a dark roast does not necessarily mean it is a good roast. There is a limit to roasting before coffee becomes carbon beans.

i very sian with my nespresso after owning it for 10mths.

i buy nespresso cos its convenience to make espresso and cleanup but somehow, the strength of the capsules are not comparable to espresso grind u can make using starbucks and other brands of beans.

i hope it breaks down so i can have an excuse to own a conventional espresso machine =)

Your girlfriend would have taken BAD caffeine, as a Barista pulling a shot, anything after "blonding" is bad, have her ask for a single or double shot RISTRETTO, that would do the trick, make full sure the Barista knows how to pull one of these shots' (menu should list) then add on whatever milk, cream you want.

Stale coffee beans will also have a likewise effect.

I am very much impressed. [cool]

Anyway chewbacca hope you dont mind me using your thread. I was just wondering how many of you encounter headaches when drinking coffee or tea. My gf does and since that happens with coke as well, i am inclined to think it is caffeine behind it all. Does drinking decaf coffee prevents the onset of all these? I mean it is a bit wanting for the natural reaction is to avoid all caffeine products altogether but just wanted to know. Thanks

I guess your questions answered already, but, anyway, no. I, sometimes during shitty times, drink upwards of 6 cups a day. Never a headache.

On the other hand....I get a blinding headache with just 2 bottles of beer. Not drunk, just......pain.

Every person has different levels of caffeine tolerances. No suppressant.

As one goes further, the tolerance will be better over a period of time.

Interesting..... Will read up more

The most unforgettable coffee I had is in Vietnam, 1 of the cafe in Hanoi. The taste is unique, best I've drink.

Is there any cafe that brews Vietnam coffee here?

To each his own, not everyone has the passion to wake up, grind beans, flush the portaflter,

Tam, pull a shot, steam milk, and do latte art. Even with the best of equipment, grind size, best

Beans, no passion, the cuppa would just be plain crap water. The passion counts.

ai lim kopi mai? [laugh] [laugh]

The most unforgettable coffee I had is in Vietnam, 1 of the cafe in Hanoi. The taste is unique, best I've drink.

u can find one of the trung nguyen cafe in liang court lvl 2

Turbocharged

Liang Court, 2nd floor, open space. Damn expensive though. More expensive than those American chains.

add on: While you are there, you might want to have a meal at Xin Ye, a Taiwanese restaurant brought in by one of the big restaurant chains here. Value for money. Been there twice. Service is fast. Food is good (for that price).

Edited by Kxbc

6 cups of coffee is all dependent on how concentrated or ... diluted the shots

are, if the cafe pulls HALF a shot per cup, which some normally will,

(running cost, and you can see what they do behind the counter)

6 cups will add up to only 3 shots, which by some is way below tolerances.

I extract a 3 shot espresso from a naked portafilter, not the normal one with 2 legs,

every morning, and by gym time, another 3, so my shots per day is 6 shots of espresso.

If i were to take 6 shots at once, I'd be floored, with heavy heart palpitations, a normal 3 shot will

put a normal coffee drinking seeing some stars as well. REAL 3 shot.

Your pain for beer, could well be form your rate of drinking, downing a mug too fast will result in

the alcohol rushing to your brains, drink it slower and you will not get the RUSH.

I guess your questions answered already, but, anyway, no. I, sometimes during shitty times, drink upwards of 6 cups a day. Never a headache.

On the other hand....I get a blinding headache with just 2 bottles of beer. Not drunk, just......pain.

Vietnam's version of the Blue Mountain.

You come, and I make you a cup. Tell me when, best is when I just roasted the beans.

Every Sunday is my roasting day. -_-

wah.. very kam tong [smallcry]