Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Garlic

Hi guys,

Appreciate some feedback on this tyre.

How does it fare in the comfort department and are noise levels similar to that of PP2? Tyre shop said models brought in by local agent are made in Thailand while "PI" models are made in various EU countries?

Also considering Toyo C1S, Goodyear Excellence and Conti CPC2.

Thanks. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

On PS3 for 1mth+...I'd say it scores well in comfort,grip n low noise level(this part was commented by a passenger cuz dun really bother bat noise)...^_^

This is compared to my previous f1 assym eagle.

Mine was made in Hungary

Hope this helps.. [:)]

On PS3 for 1mth+...I'd say it scores well in comfort,grip n low noise level(this part was commented by a passenger cuz dun really bother bat noise)...^_^

This is compared to my previous f1 assym eagle.

Mine was made in Hungary

Hope this helps.. [:)]

How is its aquaplaning performance?

Tks.

I'd highly recommend Continental CSC3 - 225/45R17 is about S$380 per piece.

Alternatively, Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric (made-in-Germany ones please) is a good buy (excellent grip in dry and wet condition). 215/45R17 is at about S$200-210 per piece?

Alternatively, Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric (made-in-Germany ones please) is a good buy (excellent grip in dry and wet condition). 215/45R17 is at about S$200-210 per piece?

They don't come in 215/55/R17. [:(]

Sidewall for CSC3 is too soft!!!! You'll get plenty of flexing during cornering. I can get better performing tyres at least 20% cheaper.

Hi guys,

Appreciate some feedback on this tyre.

How does it fare in the comfort department and are noise levels similar to that of PP2? Tyre shop said models brought in by local agent are made in Thailand while "PI" models are made in various EU countries?

Also considering Toyo C1S, Goodyear Excellence and Conti CPC2.

Thanks. [laugh]

this tyre shop gave you wrong info.

correct me if i am wrong, AD does bring in from all over the world.

any one can share how to tell beside the selling shop tells you honestly

or may be asking for official invoice does it work? or got any factory warranty cert like home appliances [thumbsup]

this tyre shop gave you wrong info.

correct me if i am wrong, AD does bring in from all over the world.

any one can share how to tell beside the selling shop tells you honestly

or may be asking for official invoice does it work? or got any factory warranty cert like home appliances [thumbsup]

stated on tyre

stated on tyre

all well known tyre company got print the place of origin so is Honest [thumbsup]

what the forum Garlic quoted tyre shop told him AD only bring Tom yam

That is not true.

Thanks for the clarification, did some research and the tyre shop was indeed throwing smoke bombs.

Taking my money somewhere else, hard sell don't work on me. [laugh]

Just read the PS3 thread over at VAGSG, solid info.

Edited by Garlic

all well known tyre company got print the place of origin so is Honest [thumbsup]

what the forum Garlic quoted tyre shop told him AD only bring Tom yam

That is not true.

only way is to go down

but i called soh bros last week... they say the PS3 is from tomyam for 16" amd below... europe available only from 17" onwards..

so if TS size is 16" and below.. maybe the tyre shop is not wrong in quoting as said...

Thanks for the clarification, did some research and the tyre shop was indeed throwing smoke bombs.

intro the thread leh.. i also considering

only way is to go down

but i called soh bros last week... they say the PS3 is from tomyam for 16" amd below... europe available only from 17" onwards..

so if TS size is 16" and below.. maybe the tyre shop is not wrong in quoting as said...

They had a set of ex-stock 17"(215/55/R17, made in Thailand) of the right size and was trying very hard to sell it, walked away and decided to do more research after I sensed some hogwash.

Here's the link to thread, http://ww.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30856 ; very detailed explanation from the Michelin guy.

i dont see the reason they want to throw smoke,because all the place of origin are stamp on the sidewall.

so nothing to hide and is a good practice from honest manufacturer

I am only worry people here no nothing and without physically see and touch and yet still can make comment

could misled and wrong info that is NOT so good

i dont see the reason they want to throw smoke,because all the place of origin are stamp on the sidewall.

so nothing to hide and is a good practice from honest manufacturer

I am only worry people here no nothing and without physically see and touch and yet still can make comment

could misled and wrong info that is NOT so good

I guess you misunderstood me.

I'm not harping about country of manufacture, its on the sidewall for all to sed.

What I wanted to find out more was if there is any truth in what that tyre shop told me, which is tyres brought in by local agent are all made in Thailand and I should avoid those "PI" ones which are manufactured in Europe as they do not have warranty.

Hence I decided to walk away to find out more.

↡ Advertisement