Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
3225 replies to this topic | 32,119 praises

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

ODC
  • ODC
    Banned

As a professional in this field this thread is for those looking to enhance their health the right way.

4 Anonymous members praised this
I'm the resident TROLL, I keep threads alive and people talking. Without us threads will be uber-boring siol LOL

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Iygnaug
  • Iygnaug
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I do think that calorie counting is effective as well....
4 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

ODC
  • ODC
    Banned

I do think that calorie counting is effective as well....

it's quite logical ...
2 Anonymous members praised this
I'm the resident TROLL, I keep threads alive and people talking. Without us threads will be uber-boring siol LOL

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

jogging will help. I jog 3 to 4 times a week for the past year or so, wt drop abt 5kg. U feel more energytic too.
Newbie26, Showster and 5 Anonymous members praised this
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yah, forgot to mention, get a good pair of running shoes. Sportlink having discount of nb1064 cushion running shoe $128, orginal price at $215.
1 Anonymous member praised this
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

ODC
  • ODC
    Banned

yah, forgot to mention, get a good pair of running shoes. Sportlink having discount of nb1064 cushion running shoe $128, orginal price at $215.

thanks for the info .. :) I was looking for running shoes too ... Yeah consistent workout will raise your basal metabolism rate and that increases your cal burning rate ... Which means weight loss!!!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

Sunlight
  • Sunlight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

balance running n weight training and eat more fruits n veges. happy.gif

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

ODC
  • ODC
    Banned

balance running n weight training and eat more fruits n veges. happy.gif

Perfect statement!
Some people say no to veg and fruits only whack protein .. I say weight can maintain. But health sure koyak.. Lol

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Helloworld88
  • Helloworld88
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Currently adopt mixture of interval training (running at 80% effort + slow jog) + free weight workout (chinup, pressup, dips), and calories monitoring (intake = metabolism rate), a bit more carb on training days. Result = Shed off 10kg in 6 months, another 3 kg in the next 6 months; body fats dropped 6%, waist reduced 6".

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Is a slow jog for long distance better than a quick run at a shorter distance?

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

Sunlight
  • Sunlight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Is a slow jog for long distance better than a quick run at a shorter distance?

What is long distance to u? 5, 10 or 21km? I think long slow runs (21km) at 60% max heart rate is best thumbsup.gif

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

Ngck
  • Premium member
    Ngck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

everybody react differently...

try and see for yourself
3 Anonymous members praised this
People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Ah_cow
  • Ah_cow
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What is long distance to u? 5, 10 or 21km? I think long slow runs (21km) at 60% max heart rate is best thumbsup.gif

haha not exactly suitable as a regular workout regime, at least for me. anyway i not much of a runner also, more into swimming.
And Ferguson is clearly not convinced Rooney is making the right decision.
"Sometimes you look in a field and see a cow," he said.
"You think it is a better cow than the one you see in your field. It never really works out that way.
21/10/10

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

21km is half marathon liao.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thanks for the info .. :) I was looking for running shoes too ... Yeah consistent workout will raise your basal metabolism rate and that increases your cal burning rate ... Which means weight loss!!!

just completed a 10km run in this shoe. Siew. Worth every penny.

Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Nutsack
  • Nutsack
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For how long - distance and/or time wise - do u jog each time? :)

I'm about 79kg now, standing at 177cm. My BMI is 25 - in the overweight zone. Trying to drop my weight to at least 74kg. But not been v successful. But mostly my fault. Bad diet and little consistent exercise.

jogging will help. I jog 3 to 4 times a week for the past year or so, wt drop abt 5kg. U feel more energytic too.

Find your hero. Then be a hero to someone else.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

i find the most effective way to lose weight is to jog regularly. no other better way. of coz got other ways of doing it, but jogging is most effective in terms of low cost and most conveinent.

other ppl say go gym or go swimming... yeah can be done, but its alot more troublesome, right? u got to drive or go to a venue to do gym or swim. how committed are you to do this over a period of time?

jogging is so easy and its free. just put running shoes and u can run rightaway. no need to drive, no need to bring swimming trunks......

for me, my body reacts alot to jogging. i just started jogging recently. haven't jog for 4-5 years. i climbed 3-4 stairs, i was panting like mad... my waist got bigger, got problem wearing my pants and jeans....

then i decided to jog again. just after 3 regular jogs of 30 mins each, i already can feel the difference. climb stairs, no problem. my pants all can wear, feel more alert, tummy become smaller

guess my body is still adaptable. not everyone responds the same way.

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

always start slow n shorter run. My average run is abt 5km run. If I on form, I will go up to 8 to 10km. No need to stress yourself over it, built up the milage slowly. Enjoy yr run :)
1 Anonymous member praised this
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

Kristy_Joshua
  • Kristy_Joshua
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

depends on individual and the fitness goals for example building muscle, improve stamina, chest, triceps, biceps etc
and how fast the wants to see their results.
a programs has to be design for each individual to achieve what they wants.
if you just wants to lose weight just by running and simple cardio, it wont work in this way.
i have been training since i was 20 and exercising helps you look younger, healtheir
even if you have all the money in the world but you deesnt have the ability to spend it, wealth doesnt makes you any difference anymore
invest in your health is more of important than making all the money yet in the end you have to pay for your medical problem
without guilded exercise you get injuries you doesnt knows youe MHR maiximum heart rate, fat burning zone etc...

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

Bighappyjer
  • Bighappyjer
    4th Gear
    Author Image

As a professional in this field this thread is for those looking to enhance their health the right way.

So, "professional", what will you bring to this thread?

In order to "enhance my health", ie increase muscle mass, lower body fat, what should my diet breakdown be like in terms of macronutrients?

In order to "enhance my health", how should I train? Steady state cardio? High intensity? High intensity interval? Should I lift weights?

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: exercising, losing, weight and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users