Anyone into drinking organic vinegar for health?

Peqasus

most vinegars just have few percent acetic acid. usually up to 5%. The rest are water, fruit flavourings or fruit juice.

Choose whichever one u like.

ACV just has the most global exposure cos it's the most common vinegar in USA.

The europeans take other types of vinegar usually. And we take our rice vinegars.

I think if you have acid reflux problem, should cut down taking vinegar.

↡ Advertisement

are those korean vinegar as good as the apple cider? i like the berry taste instead of the taste of acv.  

attachicon.gifrps20170911_140836.jpg

Don't think it's comparable. The fruit flavoured vinegar aids with digestion. For me I prefer Chinese tea like pu-er over vinegar drinks. I buy fruit vinegar from Shine Korea supermart.

753655565.jpg

Don't think it's comparable. The fruit flavoured vinegar aids with digestion. For me I prefer Chinese tea like pu-er over vinegar drinks. I buy fruit vinegar from Shine Korea supermart.

753655565.jpg

i drank 2 bottles of what you post already, i bought that one thought of trying another brand which is more expensive (= more effective?)   [laugh]  [laugh]

i drank 2 bottles of what you post already, i bought that one thought of trying another brand which is more expensive (= more effective?)   [laugh]  [laugh]

I think you got con by the packaging.

I have also tried black vinegar from Japan. All I can say is....yucks. Tried some black current vinegar from Japan also...too sweet...like drinking Ribena.

So far the one from Shine Korea is better taste.

Edited by Watwheels

if u search somewhere in the exercising thread, I've written about proven benefits of vinegar before (which is lesser than what most people would think or attribute to them).

Edited by Lala81

If taken regularly will be bad for the tummy.

My colleague lagi best, he dripped a couple drops of vinegar into his nose (head tilted back) and he started to tear and hollered like Tarzan  [laugh]  [laugh]

Dunno why he did that for?  [grin]

My colleague lagi best, he dripped a couple drops of vinegar into his nose (head tilted back) and he started to tear and hollered like Tarzan [laugh][laugh]

Dunno why he did that for? [grin]

To cure flu?

My colleague lagi best, he dripped a couple drops of vinegar into his nose (head tilted back) and he started to tear and hollered like Tarzan [laugh][laugh]

Dunno why he did that for? [grin]

Sounds like my colleague except he did it as a dare and he did it with tobasco sauce haha

My personal take is do everything in moderation.

If you follow all the health advice on the internet, hearsay, old wives tales and etc you will go nuts.

The day we were born, we already started to die and it is matter of when and not may be.

That means two things, go and enjoy yourself, eat drink and be merry, life is too short, but do in moderation and within the law.

As for healthy living, I have not seen those who swear by this or that lives beyond 100 years old. Most record were held by simple folks. From that we can gather excesses are detrimental to longevity.

There is no one super food or drug but instead listen to your body.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 4

My personal take is do everything in moderation.

If you follow all the health advice on the internet, hearsay, old wives tales and etc you will go nuts.

The day we were born, we already started to sue and it is matter of when and not may be.

That means two things, go and enjoy yourself, eat drink and be merry, life is too short, but do in moderation and within the law.

As for healthy living, I have not seen those who swear by this or that lives beyond 100 years old. Most record were held by simple folks. From that we can gather excesses are detrimental to longevity.

There is no one super food or drug but instead listen to your body.

hahaha..moderation from the fella who kanna moderate until adulterated  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

my wife has been brewing water kefir at home... quite nice. and the best part? it can be made alcoholic, a bit like moon shine [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Due to consistent gout attack in recent past, I have tried vinegar drink as supposedly able to improve wellbeing of body and effective to curb gout attack.

Tried the Bragg Apple Cider vinegar but it is really an acquired taste as too sour straight from the bottle. And I am too lazy to mix it in normal drinking water. So gave up after about a week. 

Recently paid a visit to Vom Fass store in Ion Orchard to size it up as their organic vinegar selection as I have heard wonderful stories about their effectiveness. Was skeptical but decided to give them a chance to hear it out.

https://www.vomfassusa.com/

Was really impressed as the store really means business with their large vinegar selection. Upon entering the store you will be hit by the unique scent, and the row of vinegar shipped from Germany Alp region.  And there is no scientific reports being displayed within the store, as it is assumed that the customers would be pulled in by word-of-mouth thus no need any hard push on the effectiveness of the water. AND the price will floor you. The Apple Balsamic Star I got cost about $100 for 1L. And that is not the most expensive water in the store! 

​Anyway the shop assistant was friendly and explained that the store has been in Ion Orchard since the first day and is doing well with many loyal customers, so indirectly saying the vinegar must be good lah. So after some thinking got one litre of the Apple Balsamic Star vinegar to try out which would last about 2 months.

Tried it this morning raw with empty stomach as recommended, really delicious was what I can say. Really heaven and earth difference with  the Bragg ACV in terms of taste! I would definitely have no problem drinking it everyday. I am not pushing for this as I am still not convinced of its effectiveness to prevent gouts, just to share an alternative for those who are keen or already taking vinegar. And it is really not too expensive compare to the Bragg ACV at $50 vs $12. If I am buying into vinegar, I would definitely think this German product is better than the Bragg ACV. I might just continue if no gout occur within the next 2 months haha. 

​Lastly disclaimer that I am not related to the store.If not effective do not blame me please. To good health.

post-101253-0-75155600-1517883806_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement