Mookata - charcoal thai steamboat

Ken4555

Hi All,

this Mookata craze seems to be popping up here and there lately.... this Charcoal Steamboat is not your regular soup steamboat or korean bbq... the juices from the meat drips down to into the soup and it damn shiok! want to try all of them... any reviews to share? :D

Mookata.bmp

besides the one at Golden Mile (not for those who cannot take the smell there).... there a pretty good one at Circular Road Boat Quay - Tom Yam Kungfu.... then i saw one at East Coast Mookata also (have not tried it yet)... saw one at Hookers@Desker - Juz Mookata (not too bad Chili is very good)... think they were the guys at seletar airbase last time... saw another at Jalan Bersah - Thai-tanic... nice name... have not tried it yet and not sure if its the normal steamboat or mookata style... anyone knows? this plc took over the Italian Rest... then i just saw yesterday this pl just before Punggol Nasi Lemak at Koavn there... think the name was Charcoal Thai or smthing not very sure...

i love Thai food and this Mookata is very interesting compared to the usual Nakhon and Sakhon Thai restaurants...

anywhere else can get Great Thai food/steamboat? pls do not recommend chains like Thai express, Siam Kitchen or Lerk Thai... prefer authentic thai food... actually recently also tried this Siam Deli @ West Coast, whole Kitchen all Thai staff, i think its great!... place i still like to occassionally visit are Basil Inn @ Downtown East... Gold Food @ Bencoolen... Sawasdee @ Chinatown... Heard this Thai Pan in Mandarin Gardens isnt to bad for a casual meal...

cheers!

↡ Advertisement

the regular thai restaurants or the mookata places?

mookata place address please.

thanks.

its a good break from the usual steamboats.

btw whats the cost like? buffet style grab all you can at a counter or buffet style they serve u your orders?

Edited by Tom_kkh

mookata place address please.

thanks.

its a good break from the usual steamboats.

btw whats the cost like? buffet style grab all you can at a counter or buffet style they serve u your orders?

so far have not seen Thai Charcoal steamboat buffet style in SG...

if its your 1st time, a good plc to try will be Tom Yam KungFu at no. 18 circular rd... behind Boat Quay... they also have other very authentic thai dishes... ENJOY! yummy...

they serve you everything... $30 for 2paxs got meats and seafood...

Edited by Ken4555

wah where this steamboat place?

see liao lao nuah liao sia..

No16 not 18 Circular Road...... but i heard boss is taking over next door as well anyways.... ^_^

so far have not seen Thai Charcoal steamboat buffet style in SG...

if its your 1st time, a good plc to try will be Tom Yam KungFu at no. 18 circular rd... behind Boat Quay... they also have other very authentic thai dishes... ENJOY! yummy...

they serve you everything... $30 for 2paxs got meats and seafood...

just found out there is another 103 East Coast Road serving the Mookata - charcoal thai steamboat!

yummy, will try next week!

just found out there is another 103 East Coast Road serving the Mookata - charcoal thai steamboat!

yummy, will try next week!

yah 103/105... heard from my friend its not as authentic as Golden Mile... but one man's meat is another's poison so i will need to try it for myself... the place does look very clean and nice... simple comfortable settings... ^_^

Interesting to see mookata fans here.... I m under the perception that mookata is akin to those BBQ steamboat we have at marina south back in those days n the main reason why people have it is because it's cheap n all-u-can-eat but not so much for the taste. That's why I notice many Thai youngsters hold their gatherings there... Or maybe just the particular mookata joint in Bangkok I use to visit.

Btw speaking of the Katong joint, I had to run frequent errands to Katong Village last couple of months so I pass by the place about 2x per week (one weekday n one weekend). Seems like they don't get very much customers but I must say that place is nice, clean n bright. But u guys better go soon in case it closes down. Hopefully biz is better for them these days.

tried the east coast one on new year's day.

their beef is real nice but quite tiring as always must take care of the bbq stuff.

didnt really enjoy the bbq process as the bbq thingy is so small and must always fill up the soup.

not a bad experience though but i wont go back again. Food is nice, just no my cup of tea i guess.

Tried the tom yam kungfu @ circular road.

Wife liked it alot. Using Lard as butter lol. However, the cooking of meat is abit too slow for me.

Nice place to spend time though.

tried the east coast one on new year's day.

their beef is real nice but quite tiring as always must take care of the bbq stuff.

didnt really enjoy the bbq process as the bbq thingy is so small and must always fill up the soup.

not a bad experience though but i wont go back again. Food is nice, just no my cup of tea i guess.

when very hungry, the cooking process is irritating...

but if they have like other thai dishes, then the mookata is just one of the dishes then not too bad i guess...

a good choice to spend quality time with frds loved ones... but not when you are starving... haha [laugh]

actually my friends and i were debating which mookatat is better...

Golden mile came up tops... but ambience worst...

hv not tried this Thai tanic yet...

maybe i should come up with a vote for the best mookata haha...

something different from the chinese steamboat or Korean BBQ... ^_^

↡ Advertisement