• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

MacDuck
  • MacDuck
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Need new tyres for vehicle, priorities are comfort and aquaplaning resistance.

Have narrowed down to four choices

1) Yokohama Aspec dB
2) Toyo C1S
3) Bridgestone GR90
4) Michelin Primacy LC

I like the thread design of C1S but can't find more review on it, anyone tried it before?

GR90 and Primacy LC are the most expensive.

C1S and Aspec dB pricing not much difference.

Edited by MacDuck, 30 December 2010 - 12:13 AM.

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (⊙_⊙) ...

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wait for the new Yokohama Advan dB, launching next month.

Think comparable to GR90.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

Voxy28
  • Voxy28
    5th Gear
    Author Image

These 2 qualities dont coincide... they are oppose.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

Requiemdk
  • Requiemdk
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I've only had experience with the Aspec dB and DNA dB tyres and the GR80. First, the DNA dB is the successor to the Aspec dB and addresses the Aspec's craptastic wet grip. Go for that instead of the Aspec if you're going with the Yokohama tyres. It's quieter than the Aspec too, and even the GR80. With the GR80, you'd sacrifice a tiny bit of comfort for tyres (not much difference really) that grip better all around and seem to last longer too. More expensive though.
W124 200E

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Good-Carbuyer
Hmm... Safety first

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Rezz_shaz
  • Rezz_shaz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

what's u're quote for pimacy lc......i was quoted $195, wondering whether can get cheaper.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Toalson
  • Premium member
    Toalson
    6th Gear
    Author Image

CPC2 should be included

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

Stanceaholicz
  • Stanceaholicz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Michelin still is my choice...nice 1

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Sopskysalat
  • Sopskysalat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I got a quote for cooper Zeon XTC for 215/55/16. but the shop told me manufactured in 2007+.
It is selling at 100 per pcs.
Can buy?

I read from internet shelf life is normal for up to 4 years.... Please share your opinion.
Thank you

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Danz
  • Danz
    Clutched
    Author Image

[quote name='Sopskysalat' date='Jan 10 2011, 02:37 PM' post='3551269']
I got a quote for cooper Zeon XTC for 215/55/16. but the shop told me manufactured in 2007+.
Can buy?

I read from internet shelf life is normal for up to 4 years.... Please share your opinion.
Thank you
[/quot

Hello to all,

Please include Hankook ME01 from Korea, soft and quiet. Should be in the list

Thank you! rolleyes.gif

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can buy?

Thank you

Do Not Buy...........its quite hardened liao. Not worth the risk for a little bit more excl.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Sopskysalat
  • Sopskysalat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hamburger,

Thank you. So I shall not buy then.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hamburger,

Thank you. So I shall not buy then.

try Kumho Kh31(quieter) or Ku 31(sportier), should be around 100...................and confirm fresh

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

michellin tyre bua pai.I've used mine for 10k km and still look brand new,like never use before.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Need new tyres for vehicle, priorities are comfort and aquaplaning resistance.

Have narrowed down to four choices

1) Yokohama Aspec dB
2) Toyo C1S
3) Bridgestone GR90
4) Michelin Primacy LC

I like the thread design of C1S but can't find more review on it, anyone tried it before?

GR90 and Primacy LC are the most expensive.

C1S and Aspec dB pricing not much difference.

GR90 and LC my recommendation thumbsup.gif if you are willing to pay
TOYO c1s no comment confused.gif \
yoko aspec db other origin is a quite a old technology product

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

Mace_1980
  • Premium member
    Mace_1980
    Clutched
    Author Image

I've only used before Bridgestone RE001 and Toyo C1S(current), so I shall comment based on these 2.

After changing over from RE001 to C1S, the feeling is very different. Handling wise, C1S is not as responsive but still not bad. In terms of comfort level C1S is very much better. Even as I approach 15000km on the C1S, it's noise level is still low. And the thread wear index is 300, so it should be able to last me til at least 50000km. I was told that brand new BMWs have C1S on them.

Edited by Mace_1980, 11 January 2011 - 09:45 AM.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

comfort...michellin, kumho...

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Virus
  • Premium member
    Virus
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Read somewhere Bridgestone has EP100A which is comfort based. Any bro has experience?

Edited by Virus, 11 January 2011 - 11:47 AM.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Peqasus
  • Premium member
    Peqasus
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I'm on gr90. Definitely hush hush. Beauty kicks in ESP at 140kmh n above on nsh. my previous stock kumho was roaring like hell. Anyway I tend to pay more for tyre cus it affects ride quality n safety n can last rd 2 yrs

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Read somewhere Bridgestone has EP100A which is comfort based. Any bro has experience?

never use this ep100a, read the info is a new tyre from Bridgeston and is a ECO friendly tyre .
do support this product if you want to do your little bit to help save our Planet.
But the size lineup is rather dissapointed sad.gif

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Which , comfort , tyre , choose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users