Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
584 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

planning to buy and DIY for my car to get rid of wind noise.
Cost about $1/m excluding delivery

anyone done it before and how much does it cost?

500_edf2aa53-db4d-41a5-acbd-db7d3f22aaca
500_2e29663e-9241-4d98-a333-35db532197b8
500_fea59653-2a6f-439c-b407-e0e55018afaa
500_9905f2c6-c3c1-4889-8922-48d9d3404649
500_1d745cf5-54e1-45c2-9544-b48f5971a6f9
500_82e59c7d-2fcb-4527-ad51-d42a565f870e

Edited by BabyBlade, 29 July 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

planning to buy and DIY for my car to get rid of wind noise.
Cost about $1/m excluding delivery

anyone done it before and how much does it cost?

where u can u get that?? wink.gif
I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

works meh?

i thought all cars should come with such door sealing strip... why is there a need for this?

unless you lowered the windows, otherwise you would hear any wind noise...
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

where u can u get that?? wink.gif

I get that in china and then deliver to singapore.
parts etc are dam cheap when compare to local, think they are mark up very high.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

works meh?

i thought all cars should come with such door sealing strip... why is there a need for this?

unless you lowered the windows, otherwise you would hear any wind noise...

it works from those who done it said.
all car come with it but most car are not seal tight, u can notice lots of gap and when u travel above 80km, wind noise will come in through the gap.
only those expensive car is seal nicely.

Edited by Stanchiam, 31 December 2010 - 12:07 PM.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

really? ok, later i try and listen.

probably i always blast my ICE thus overlook this area.

i did soundproof on wheels but nothing great too
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

it works from those who done it said.
all car come with it but most car are not seal tight, u can notice lots of gap and when u travel above 80km, wind noise will come in through the gap.
only those expensive car is seal nicely.

Agree.

The noise when an SBS bus stops besides me..... mad.gif
Sexy Ass Tiko Ranger:- ^^
"How fortunate for leaders, that the masses do not think." - Hitler.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

lol...
not only does this get rid of wind noise, also prevent water coming in and the best is it give u those thum sound like closing those expensive car.
anyway, this is part of my DIY
also planning to DIY whole car soundproof

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

MG_Myvi
  • Premium member
    MG_Myvi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I done up mine....but price on the high side as I got the materials from Autobacs. It's from Japan.

Maybe you guys can take a look at their website. http://www.amon.co.j...roup.php?id=313

I used item no. 2649 and 2652. End result not bad...the rubber qualities are so far the best. Using real 3M tape.

I used many types in the past from hardware shops and etc....but it was real hell for me....those cheapo products failed me. Till I gave up and stop believing on cheap rubbers seals.

I rather spend more for quality rather then so much hassle of installing and removing...most importantly.. waste my money. bigcry.gif
You'll Never Walk Alone

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The noise when an SBS bus stops besides me.....

oh YES!
i did spot this, i still thought my windows were open.. so this is the part that kicks in.

TS,
i'm keen too. can give me the contact to buy?
bluey Tiko Ranger

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No need, buy from aquarium the air pump tube, stuff it in the existing windows seal, noise will be gone. Need about 6ft per door and scissors to cut. wink.gif

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

MG_Myvi
  • Premium member
    MG_Myvi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No need, buy from aquarium the air pump tube, stuff it in the existing windows seal, noise will be gone. Need about 6ft per door and scissors to cut. wink.gif

Tried that before on my old toyota many years back.....guess what...it will melt inside after a period of time. Unless using silicone tube.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SG oso got sell..straits rubber at kaki bukit..

can choose the thickness & width, it came with 1 side adhesive..
Can't remember the price, i know its cheap...
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

MG_Myvi
  • Premium member
    MG_Myvi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I also done my wheel fenders before....the effect dun last forever....esp if we are using those spray type. After months of Jet Car wash..somehow or rather it will washed off.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i had mine done up and i wan to DIY the boot... end result not bad.. but still got abit of wind noise...

the quality has to be good.... so far mine... the rubber is fine, and its using 3M tape..

Aside to TS, it will be good if u have the sample.. i wan to view it before order happy.gif

Edited by Itsec, 31 December 2010 - 12:45 PM.

I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

MG_Myvi
  • Premium member
    MG_Myvi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

SG oso got sell..straits rubber at kaki bukit..

can choose the thickness & width, it came with 1 side adhesive..
Can't remember the price, i know its cheap...

Feng Xiang rubber also have....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Tried that before on my old toyota many years back.....guess what...it will melt inside after a period of time. Unless using silicone tube.

Can I know what is the diameter to use....

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

MG_Myvi
  • Premium member
    MG_Myvi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can I know what is the diameter to use....

Depends on the space the door seal can allow you to push the tube in. Not an easy job. Outer Diameter 3mm onwards.....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The noise when an SBS bus stops besides me.....

oh YES!
i did spot this, i still thought my windows were open.. so this is the part that kicks in.

TS,
i'm keen too. can give me the contact to buy?
http://item.taobao.c...m?id=7429285191
I will be ordering lots of other stuff too for my car spare parts and soundproofing material.
Will be shipping by sea, cost me about $130 for 1 cubic meter(min shipping volume, cheapest way of shipping for bulky items), I think I will use less than half the space. laugh.gif

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Nikamura
  • Nikamura
    4th Gear
    Author Image

http://item.taobao.c...m?id=7429285191
I will be ordering lots of other stuff too for my car spare parts and soundproofing material.
Will be shipping by sea, cost me about $130 for 1 cubic meter(min shipping volume, cheapest way of shipping for bulky items), I think I will use less than half the space. laugh.gif

yeah this is the part that always seeps in water to the underside of the door and also noise! hmmm i am game for this if u are gonna order.. count me in!

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

STP Alum Sound Proof Mat

STP Alum Sound Proof Mat  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kengstarr  |  Clutched

Sound-proofs that works great!

I feel that doing some sound-proofing mats to at least be considerate and not be so noisy, since I refuse to turn down my music. Loud music had always been the habit since young. After much thought, I went forth to get some sound-proofing mat... » Read More

Audio Work BWEP-2072

Audio Work BWEP-2072  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Amirul73  |  Neutral Newbie

Fabulous piece of invention!

I absolutely do not regret getting these sound dampers. They had provided me with an extra umph for my stereo system. Without using these dampers, bass boosts and vibrations are really messy! My whole car just feels like a club with loud musi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Sound Proofing

Quick Reply

Tags: door, sealing, strip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users