Door sealing strip DIY

Stanchiam

The noise when an SBS bus stops besides me.....

oh YES!

i did spot this, i still thought my windows were open.. so this is the part that kicks in.

TS,

i'm keen too. can give me the contact to buy?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7429285191

I will be ordering lots of other stuff too for my car spare parts and soundproofing material.

Will be shipping by sea, cost me about $130 for 1 cubic meter(min shipping volume, cheapest way of shipping for bulky items), I think I will use less than half the space. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I will be ordering lots of other stuff too for my car spare parts and soundproofing material.

Will be shipping by sea, cost me about $130 for 1 cubic meter(min shipping volume, cheapest way of shipping for bulky items), I think I will use less than half the space. [laugh]

yeah this is the part that always seeps in water to the underside of the door and also noise! hmmm i am game for this if u are gonna order.. count me in!

hm.. using 3M tape.. i give it a try... i need 10m.... it will 10 bucks?

hm.. using 3M tape.. i give it a try... i need 10m.... it will 10 bucks?

yes, excluding delivery. I think u can get it deliver for around $7-10 per kg by air.

For me since i am buying lots of heavy stuff, will be via sea, cost me $130 for 1 cubic meter and take 2 weeks to deliver.

Will not order so soon, earliest is mid or late Jan 2011.

Edited by Stanchiam

I done up mine....but price on the high side as I got the materials from Autobacs. It's from Japan.

Maybe you guys can take a look at their website. http://www.amon.co.jp/seihi/seihi_group.php?id=313

I used item no. 2649 and 2652. End result not bad...the rubber qualities are so far the best. Using real 3M tape.

I used many types in the past from hardware shops and etc....but it was real hell for me....those cheapo products failed me. Till I gave up and stop believing on cheap rubbers seals.

I rather spend more for quality rather then so much hassle of installing and removing...most importantly.. waste my money. [bigcry]

Agree with you on this one, this Amon brand is the best i have ever used, premium pricing but very premium quality!

yes, excluding delivery. I think u can get it deliver for around $7-10 per kg by air.

For me since i am buying lots of heavy stuff, will be via sea, cost me $130 for 1 cubic meter and take 2 weeks to deliver.

Will not order so soon, earliest is mid or late Jan 2011.

no hurry... if can tag along that will be good.. let me the total cost when times ripe...

ok will let u know

Bro....have to act fast if you guys going ahead with these.....cos due to CNY..long delays are expected. China will be in CNY mood.

If you think about mid Jan...I strongly suggest you do it by 1st week of Jan. No joke.

Or to play safe after Feb....Cos there are chances of lost package during this peak period....this is based on my experience with China in my past working experience.

Not sure about now as I experiecned it 2 years back. :ph34r:

post-80720-1293810316_thumb.jpgpost-80720-1293810126_thumb.jpgpost-80720-1293810257_thumb.jpg

Agree with you on this one, this Amon brand is the best i have ever used, premium pricing but very premium quality!

Yeah man...even my wife (which have no knowledge on car or soundproof) told me that she felt the diff before and after.

Below are the two items no. 2649 and 2652 from Amon http://www.amon.co.jp/seihi/seihi_group.php?id=313

:D

Edited by MG_Myvi

Neutral Newbie

Me interested. Count me in for the group buy too.

Best to find me someone who can install for us at a reasonable price and save the trouble to work this out before the CNY.

(edited)

Me interested. Count me in for the group buy too.

Best to find me someone who can install for us at a reasonable price and save the trouble to work this out before the CNY.

its so easy to install, just stick it onto the car, don't need any tools or special skill

Group buy? this thing is not that light, i suppose for whole car will weight 1kg?

I know by air is about $6 or 7/kg, cheapest is via sea for about $130 per cubic meter, I think enough to ship for 100 car at least...lol

meaning shipping will cost about $1 per car.

one car need about 25-30m or about $1/m

so be prepare to spend about $40-50 inclusive shipping, estimated only, can be lower if via sea

if not much people, i suggest by air as it is faster

Maybe I will just try to make a group buy here, those interested please state how many meter u need here.

I have never organized a GB before, see how is the response first. If can hit 50 or more people, then will ship via sea to save money for all.

site for example how u can DIY

http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-87-8685509-1.html

i am planning to do soundproof too and going to buy from china inclusive lots of spare parts for my car so I will definitely ship via sea as it is heavy, think at least 30kg.

Edited by Stanchiam

Got to ensure adhesive is good enough. Did it for my car at an audio shop sometime back. 3M brand. Some parts started coming off within a few days. Got frustrated with the untidy look, ended up removing everything. Was a waste of money.

Got to ensure adhesive is good enough. Did it for my car at an audio shop sometime back. 3M brand. Some parts started coming off within a few days. Got frustrated with the untidy look, ended up removing everything. Was a waste of money.

You should go back to the audio shop and complained if it's just last for few days. Cos they never install it properly in the way that they need to clean the installing area and make sure no wax or oil..and most of all dry. Best is use alcohol to clean. Most of these products installation instruction do suggest that before installation. If failed to do so...the strip will come off between days...and also no wash for at least 24hrs. [rolleyes]