Arrival of Ford Smax and Galaxy Ecoboost!

Tipo33

Heard the next gen Galaxy will comes with sliding door, just like B-Max. Hopefully it is true.

New Ford Galaxy ?

Not very pretty. Still boxy and a bit tall. I don't think it will eventually look like that. The pictures look more like B-Max or C-Max.

Generally, Japanese aircon has better throughput.

Sharan might be better because of the placement of vents on the ceiling rather than on the pillars for the Galaxy.

Personally, the aircon is cold enough for me as a driver in the Galaxy, but some passengers would prefer it to be colder at the back.

Can you share a bit more on the airconditioning of the galaxy?

My wife and I (and kids) actually went for a test drive of the galaxy quite a while back. I like the drive and my wife likes the interior. The only BIG problem we had was with the airconditioning or rather in that test drive, the almost non existent airconditioning.

To put it in context, for some strange reasons, the test drive unit was parked under the hot sun. When we all got into the car, it was already very hot inside. Then, the roads were pretty packed at that time, thus we were caught in a number of little jams, which probably didnt help the airconditioning in cooling down the car.

At the end of the short test drive, all of us were sweating.. even for me as the driver, not to mention those at the back. My armpits were sweating....

In real life, is it that bad??

Am looking at a used 4 yo 2.0 ecoboost s-max.. any bros can kindly advise any pitfalls or problems with this car? Or any faults with this model that'll need big $ changes at mid life? Hope you can advise.. many thanks in advance..

I did look at this model but could not accept the overall design.

So went for the more contemporary one that is still selling as new in the market.

Which model u referring to bro?

I went to regent motors today n the salesman say the smax n Galaxy EOL liao.. now their mpv is dunno wat cmax..?

But servicing still avail for smax n Galaxy la...anyone knows is their servicing expensive? Or can service at other workshops outside?

Edited by Lurpsexx

Am looking at a used 4 yo 2.0 ecoboost s-max.. any bros can kindly advise any pitfalls or problems with this car? Or any faults with this model that'll need big $ changes at mid life? Hope you can advise.. many thanks in advance..

Go FB look for Ford Club Singapore
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Great Choice - either smax or galaxy

Most problems center on the gearbox / sensors / water pump etc...

Regular servicing ie follow the service guide will keep yr ride in good condition

If your gearbox goes - may cost up to 7K, if yr speed sensor (located in the gearbox) goes, may cost you 2k, if yr water pump goes, may cost you 1 to 2 k

The air con if on auto climate control sucks power but if you manually set, yr turbo power comes back 

Dual clutch takes time to get use to.  Downshifts and auto gear selection may cause some discomfort but you will get used to this. Hill assist is good going uphill but if reversing uphill, you need to be more vigilant  

Fuel consumption is about 8 to 9 km/ltr for 60/40 highway/city driving for Galaxy.  Weight is 1.7 ton without passengers so expect this consumption for MPV. 

Space is good for each seat with seat belts for every one and up to 8 airbags for the Galaxy. 

Lots of storage space in compartments.

Enjoy if you do decide to get the car

• Praise 1

Great Choice - either smax or galaxy

Most problems center on the gearbox / sensors / water pump etc...

Regular servicing ie follow the service guide will keep yr ride in good condition

If your gearbox goes - may cost up to 7K, if yr speed sensor (located in the gearbox) goes, may cost you 2k, if yr water pump goes, may cost you 1 to 2 k

The air con if on auto climate control sucks power but if you manually set, yr turbo power comes back

Dual clutch takes time to get use to. Downshifts and auto gear selection may cause some discomfort but you will get used to this. Hill assist is good going uphill but if reversing uphill, you need to be more vigilant

Fuel consumption is about 8 to 9 km/ltr for 60/40 highway/city driving for Galaxy. Weight is 1.7 ton without passengers so expect this consumption for MPV.

Space is good for each seat with seat belts for every one and up to 8 airbags for the Galaxy.

Lots of storage space in compartments.

Enjoy if you do decide to get the car

Thanks very much for your details ! Yes, the Smax is good..sat in it at the car dealer.. but the spare parts n service is a killer.. but nevertheless is a good mpv..
↡ Advertisement