Would you go JB to pump petrol

Philipkee

yah Ron97 has been Rm2.40 for some time already....

OT abit , gary i think i might have seen you before. on weekends sometimes do you drive around with another blue sti?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

actually i found the tyres cheaper in JB than in Singapore and I changed 4 tyres Bridgestone MY01 + balancing + allingement for RM$1,000-00 which is about S$420-00.

I am really happy with the Bridgestone tyres - quiet with good grip on both wet/dry roads although the traction rating was "B". The mechanic was reassuring and he uses the same tyres for both his cars. After a few weeks of driving, I'm reassured. And the tyres are quiet too!!!

Oh really?? lol

Which part of singapore do you stay that the bloody air is fresh??

For your reminder, singapore air can be unhealthy when our southern neighbours play with fire. so I guess you are a little correct but geographically wrong!

For your info, my wife is a Johorian and we go Msia almost every weekend to visit her grandparents.

We have GOT requests from Msian friends and relatives to BUY baby milk from Singapore as well cos Msian Paediatricians recommend them to get from Singapore!!

Btw, I did mentioned that I don't mind cheaper food to substitute better ones. BUT not for my baby girl.

My MY neighbours used to ask me to help them buy milk powder in SG. I asked them why since its more expensive? They told me SG milk powder drink already their kids will be smarter like SG kids and may one day become SG minister [laugh].

I told them all the milk powder are the same.

By the way, which brand and type of milk powder did you compare?

Regards,

It's the matter of 3/4 tank or an almost empty tank. I think a real 3/4 tank, filling petrol in J.B not very practical unless you stay near the border. But it won't save you much.

An almost empty tank will save a lot, so why not filling it there? BUT......... the risk of getting caught ending up paying 100 times more. To risk or not to risk it's your choice. Many bros modify their fuel needle, it's no more a secret....... and this is just like a lucky draw. The draw point to you, you kenna. My point of view, not worth taking this risks!

if the petrol price in JB keeps going up? What must the cost of petrol be before you feel it is not worth going to JB?

BTW, heard last night, at Caltex Ron 97 it is RM 2.4

It's the matter of 3/4 tank or an almost empty tank. I think a real 3/4 tank, filling petrol in J.B not very practical unless you stay near the border. But it won't save you much.

An almost empty tank will save a lot, so why not filling it there? BUT......... the risk of getting caught ending up paying 100 times more. To risk or not to risk it's your choice. Many bros modify their fuel needle, it's no more a secret....... and this is just like a lucky draw. The draw point to you, you kenna. My point of view, not worth taking this risks!

i think is not lucky draw.. more like roulette.. [laugh]

best is don't modify needle .. modify = cheating..

if want, hiong the near empty in.. do or die.. :ph34r:

i think is not lucky draw.. more like roulette.. [laugh]

best is don't modify needle .. modify = cheating..

if want, hiong the near empty in.. do or die.. :ph34r:

[thumbsup]

Supersonic

Agreed. You doesnt really save much.

My MY neighbours used to ask me to help them buy milk powder in SG. I asked them why since its more expensive? They told me SG milk powder drink already their kids will be smarter like SG kids and may one day become SG minister [laugh].

I told them all the milk powder are the same.

By the way, which brand and type of milk powder did you compare?

Regards,

GOOD /public/style_emoticons/...lt/thumbsup.gif

i like how easy it is to do biz with msian

[thumbsup]

alamak!!!

where's ur cute little yellow chick??

this one sibei chui leh.. [nosebleed] [nosebleed] [nosebleed]

back to topic: i rather hiong the tank than modify needle.. $500 fine is way better than kena squat..

msia shell 97:

RM2.7

40L=RM108=SG45

If i am a smart jiu hu kia, i can make sg petrol cartel bankrupt

sg shell 97:

SG2.1

40L=SG84

And yes, they tend to grab those modify their fuel needle very often nowadays.....I think the penalty is very heavy.

[thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Well i staying at woodland so it near to my place.. It meanless if u stay at woodland if u dont go.. Petrol there still cheap.. 2.40 / litre there convert it like $1.00+.. If the price there increase like 4.50/ litre that mean like singapore will be $8+ izzit? So will u pump in singapore or malaysia?

msia shell 97:

RM2.7

40L=RM108=SG45

If i am a smart jiu hu kia, i can make sg petrol cartel bankrupt

sg shell 97:

SG2.1

40L=SG84

i think is RM2.90 , ur 2.7 is out dated.

erm. i just changed my tyres over at JB.

michellin XM1 15". 960RM.

at Autobacs, its selling 540sgd

alignment done for 26rm (ya..26rm).....balancing free....

worth it? y not? since it was on the way...haa :D

mod fuel needle is GO TO JAIL... if u admit is few thousand fine (5K i last heard) see your luck...

i hv been driving in to JB for years... average 5times a year... so its like 60 over times a year... (bro in law got hse there...) the whole year i get checked for fuel is like 3times???... i go in fair share of weekdays and weekends... peak and off peak... but never wee hours of the morning...

i remember in 2006-7 when i pump Ron95 @RM1.80 i think... pump until about RM$85 (when back from further up north...etc...) = SG$30+ for a full tank damn shiok... like when petrol in SG was abt $1 or less in the 80s... [laugh]

March 2011 report....... (before Ron97 became RM$2.90)

Petrol is now much cheaper in Malaysia. You do the math and know that you roughly save about S$1/litre of petrol if you fill up your tank in Johor Bahru. You look at your fuel tank

↡ Advertisement