Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

means wishful owner has to have SE fr a few brands when shopping for car? i m not that resourceful.

do u have info on what price is wish stdard?

Last weekend it was $100k. 

I thought the new wish is 7 speed?

7 speed = CVT 

↡ Advertisement

Mazda 5 comes in 6 speed auto, which is gives better feel and acceleration and should the gearbox fail, you have the option of a reconditioned unit.

For Toyota Wish CVT gearbox, the only option is a brand new unit which costs a 5 figure sum, should it fail.

Prefer the look of the gen2 Wish...
Just saw the Carens lately. The back seats are difficult to get into. Also, you need to ask yourself if you drive that much to justify paying the extra diesel taxes.

Kia Carens 3rd row seat is as good as not having that 3rd row. It is very low and at best, fits toddlers.

Mazda 5 comes in 6 speed auto, which is gives better feel and acceleration and should the gearbox fail, you have the option of a reconditioned unit.

For Toyota Wish CVT gearbox, the only option is a brand new unit which costs a 5 figure sum, should it fail.

Kia Carens 3rd row seat is as good as not having that 3rd row. It is very low and at best, fits toddlers.

Yeah, I was surprised at how narrow the Carens' 3rd row seats were... Even the Mitsubishi Outlander, does not have 3rd row seats that are as comfortable compared to the Wish. 

• Praise 1

Yeah, I was surprised at how narrow the Carens' 3rd row seats were... Even the Mitsubishi Outlander, does not have 3rd row seats that are as comfortable compared to the Wish. 

The budget MPVs that win hands down in 3rd row seat leg space are the Suzuki APV,  Honda Mobilio and Toyota Sienta

Suzuki APV 3rd row

post-27974-0-11316300-1517548163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

The budget MPVs that win hands down in 3rd row seat leg space are the Suzuki APV,  Honda Mobilio and Toyota Sienta

Uncle drove the Suzuki APV. It was no doubt spacious but at a cost of high fuel consumption ~9km/l (may even 8km/l at times). Don't wish to comment on its looks. 

Friend just bought a Toyota Sienta 1.5. Two automated sliding doors, and an FC of ~14km/l. Good FC no doubt, but looks like a decepticon car... Hideous (no offence; looks are subjective indeed). 

Honda Mobilo: Looks cheap. Made in Indonesia. Enough said. 

Edited by Liquidh

Uncle drove the Suzuki APV. It was no doubt spacious but at a cost of high fuel consumption ~9km/l (may even 8km/l at times). Don't wish to comment on its looks. 

Friend just bought a Toyota Sienta 1.5. Two automated sliding doors, and an FC of ~14km/l. Good FC no doubt, but looks like a decepticon car... Hideous (no offence; looks are subjective indeed). 

Honda Mobilo: Looks cheap. Made in Indonesia. Enough said. 

If you want the space and looks, there's the full fledged MPVs like the Honda Odyssey, Mazda Biante, Toyota Alphard, but you pay a lot more in purchase price, and road tax.

If you want the space and looks, there's the full fledged MPVs like the Honda Odyssey, Mazda Biante, Toyota Alphard, but you pay a lot more in purchase price, and road tax.

Don't want to spend the money... And so the Wish is a good compromise... Ok, I should stop talking about the Wish... Although this is a Wish thread... 

Twincharged

There are reconditioned Toyota wish CVT gearboxes available. Was doing research and workshop told me that reconditioned gearbox will be around 3k with labour all included.

There are reconditioned Toyota wish CVT gearboxes available. Was doing research and workshop told me that reconditioned gearbox will be around 3k with labour all included.

Oh, did you enquiry because your CVT has issues? Any idea what kind of lifespan can one expect of reconditioned CVT gearboxes?

Twincharged

Oh, did you enquiry because your CVT has issues? Any idea what kind of lifespan can one expect of reconditioned CVT gearboxes?

No. Just checking the costs of maintenance only. The gearbox should be quite reliable cuz he said so far only had to replace for one of his customers cuz it was flooded.

• Praise 1

yeah I also research the gearbox reliability for Mazda 5 n Wish. Many known cases of gearbox failure more than once in the 10 years life span for Mazda 5. For wish, it's almost unheard of.

Edited by Kzone

The fact that the Taiwanese use it as a taxi is testimony of the reliability of the Wish. They love it.

Local taxi companies also use wish as taxis. This again speaks volume about Toyota reliability

yeah I also research the gearbox reliability for Mazda 5 n Wish. Many known cases of gearbox failure more than once in the 10 years life span for Mazda 5. For wish, it's almost unheard of.

There is someone in the forum with a toyota Allion cvt that lasted till 420k km before it was overhauled. I assume the cvt in the wish should be similar.
↡ Advertisement