Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

BM quoted me $2.3k for AIG insurance...

Checked with Aviva only $1.1k. Too bad BM not in their approved repairer list,so cannot take Aviva..

Any new Wish owners using other insurance can share some details?

AIG so expensive! That amount is what I was quoted for a Mitsubishi outlander with zero discount! But I can't remember who was the insurance company. Edited by yokechye
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My Wish Std had clock 3400 km, FC returns between 12.5 to 13.2 km/l based on actual calculation with Eco mode on. Also the onboard meter always shows a better reading of 0.1 upto max of 0.5 km/l. My driving route are 60% of expressway and I am on Esso 5000.

I feel that a better guage for the FC is also to compare your previous ride FC as your driving style and routes are unique only to yourself. So you just cant compare someone else who drive gently and 90% of the time travelling on expressway.

My previous ride is a Mit Lancer MT and I was getting ~13 km/l so after changing to Wish I am also getting FC figure near to that, I am happy and can say that the Wish is quite fuel efficient, at least to me.

Agree w ya comments. Was getting 11-11.5km/l on my previous civic 1.8. Now only 10km/l for new Wish on about 3000+ km. That's why very concern. Same leg, same routine, same route but actually more mindful on Wish, some more on eco mode all the way. So cannot help feelin g something seem amiss.

Agree w ya comments. Was getting 11-11.5km/l on my previous civic 1.8. Now only 10km/l for new Wish on about 3000+ km. That's why very concern. Same leg, same routine, same route but actually more mindful on Wish, some more on eco mode all the way. So cannot help feelin g something seem amiss.

The Wish is a heavier and less aerodynamic vehicle. I don't know how old is the engine, but this Wish has been around in some form for almost as long as the Civic. 

Twincharged

hi all, AIG send me insurance renewal for my 1 year old Wish, amount to be 2083 after 20% NCD and 10% BMS renewal discount. So, what you guys normally will do? insured back with AIG or choose others? AIG seems like protection better, it says give you a brand new car in case of beyond repair accident.

Looks high. Mine is 700+ after 50% NCD. With NTUC. But mine is 10 year old wish though. 

You may proceed with Aviva. For workshops which are not under their approved workshop list, you just need to pay double amount of the excess.

Just choose the option with lowest access ($250 if I remember correctly) and you may still go back to BM for repair by paying $500 excess.

Thanks for the tip

Guys, anyone interested to change your speedometer to the 1.8S optitron meter (blue trim). I got a spare good working condition set to let go with installation.

What good about changing the meter?

1) it have blue light and not the boring orangy light.

2) it will automatically light up after engine started with or without head light ON.

3) if you install the sport mode. The sport mode icon on the meter will turn on when in sport mode. (The non sport meter does not have this feature).

4) best of all is after you removed your original meter. The mileage will continue to run on the new meter. And when you put back the original meter next time, it will show the old mileage. But be careful of lost track of the total mileage.

If interested. Text me at 8168-8844 to discuss on pricing and other details.

BTW, suitable for ZGE model only (2009/4 to current )

Edited by WishRAV4wish

Are we able to change the Wish reverse camera to one with guide lines and yet won't void warranty?

By the way, those of you who bought car at 105k NG, all of you got it already? Seems COE surging... Anyone of you got a refund already?

Hi Wish Owners,

I've just got my Wish Standard yesterday. Would like to ask Wish Owners here:

When you shift the gear by shifting the gear stick to "M" and then either "+" or ”-", what does the dashboard indicate besides displaying"M"?

• Praise 1

Hi for those who got ur Wish from AD does your come with guidelines when reserve gear is engaged? Mine does not have

Reserve gear, or reverse gear?

Hi Wish Owners,

I've just got my Wish Standard yesterday. Would like to ask Wish Owners here:

When you shift the gear by shifting the gear stick to "M" and then either "+" or ”-", what does the dashboard indicate besides displaying"M"?

Mine is a 3 month old Wish Std. 

When you switch to "M" the display will change from "D" to the actual gear number "1" to "7" depending on the actual speed and gear at that moment and a small "M" indication will be on the right side of the gear number. You can then shift either "+" or "-" to manually change the gear and depending on the speed you might be able to shift to a certain gears only which also correspond to the rpm. Say you upshift once and it changes from current "5" to "6" but if you want to upshift again it might not shift to "7" if the speed and rpm are not high enough. This is what I had experience from my car.

After nearly 5000 km and 8 full tank of petrol (Esso 5000) the per tank FC ranges between 12.3 to 13.7 km/l and the actual overall average is 12.9 km/l while the overall onboard meter average read 13.2 km/l. Hopefully when the engine is fully run in it will give me an even better FC. My travel pattern is 60% of expressway and most of the time it is only me and my CO in the car. Btw my previous car a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX manual FC is above 13 km/l for the 10 years I had driven it.

Are we able to change the Wish reverse camera to one with guide lines and yet won't void warranty?

By the way, those of you who bought car at 105k NG, all of you got it already? Seems COE surging... Anyone of you got a refund already?

Me!!

Got it yesterday at the very last final round, 6th bid [sweatdrop]

In fact, I was already starting to look for other car brand alternatives already loh..

• Praise 1

Good Day everyone,

I would like to check if anyone know if the new PI Wish 1.8x new face-lift got auto headlight and rain sensing? Plus does it come with spare Tyre or just Tyre repair kit only?

Thanks

• Praise 1

Good Day everyone,

I would like to check if anyone know if the new PI Wish 1.8x new face-lift got auto headlight and rain sensing? Plus does it come with spare Tyre or just Tyre repair kit only?

Thanks

No auto headlight, No rain sensor and No spare tyre....come with Tyre repair kit only.

• Praise 1

Anyone know what's the parking light/pole light bulb model for Toyota wish 2006 and how to change it? I bought T10 bulb and tried to change the bulb but realize I can't pull out the parking light assembly. The bulb connector also seems different when I unplug the cable from the light assembly

• Praise 1

My Toyota Wish which I've just gotten from Borneo Motors this month shows --.- km/L for its instantaneous fuel consumption rate. Is there something wrong with the system or is it because some Wish by Borneo Motors are not equipped with the measuring system?

Mine is a 3 month old Wish Std.

When you switch to "M" the display will change from "D" to the actual gear number "1" to "7" depending on the actual speed and gear at that moment and a small "M" indication will be on the right side of the gear number. You can then shift either "+" or "-" to manually change the gear and depending on the speed you might be able to shift to a certain gears only which also correspond to the rpm. Say you upshift once and it changes from current "5" to "6" but if you want to upshift again it might not shift to "7" if the speed and rpm are not high enough. This is what I had experience from my car.

After nearly 5000 km and 8 full tank of petrol (Esso 5000) the per tank FC ranges between 12.3 to 13.7 km/l and the actual overall average is 12.9 km/l while the overall onboard meter average read 13.2 km/l. Hopefully when the engine is fully run in it will give me an even better FC. My travel pattern is 60% of expressway and most of the time it is only me and my CO in the car. Btw my previous car a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX manual FC is above 13 km/l for the 10 years I had driven it.

Thank you @ISZT! I was able to spend sometime driving today and noticed what you've mentioned. Thank you for your spot-on and detailed reply!

My Toyota Wish which I've just gotten from Borneo Motors this month shows --.- km/L for its instantaneous fuel consumption rate. Is there something wrong with the system or is it because some Wish by Borneo Motors are not equipped with the measuring system?

Thank you @ISZT! I was able to spend sometime driving today and noticed what you've mentioned. Thank you for your spot-on and detailed reply!

The forum is for sharing mah.

The instantaneous rate shows --.- km/L when the car is stationary but once you step on the gas it will move to indicate the fc at that instant and the best it can show is 30.0 km/L. If yours is not moving at all then I think something is wrong go back to BM and get them to check.

No worries you will slowly explore and learn more of the car the longer you drive it. After 3 months I am still learning to drive the CVT efficiently since I came from a manual transmission but still find it more fun to drive except in traffic jam  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement