Toyota wish queries

Obscurest

hmm, my last car, if i use manual key to open when i locked it electronmically, the car will not start and the alarms will sound out. Have to insert key and turn and press one hidden button for 15sec. ... lol

but for Wish, i really dunno sia .... i think if we lock electronically and use key, most likely car will not start..... should be able to override one ........ imagine if ur car key suay suay no batt how .... how to open and drive ... must go read manual or ask the tech when go service liao ..

i tried looking at the manual ...but can't find anything on this. let me know if you find anything.

and yes, if batt out...sit there and cry.... [bigcry]

Btw, i am beginning to like the keyless entry...very syok. just go and open door and start car... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Eco mode good when kena those spastic traffic jams, car will move damn slow, retarding accleration.. haha

bro, as long as it saves fuel, i dun give a damn if it's retarded.... :D

I think you need to manually calculate - the trip meter may not be accurate...

mine is showing 7.5 km/l...worse than yours...but then after 4 days of driving...my fuel gauge is still at "F" did not move at all...done 88km...

Probably you need to record down how many km for the full tank - eg 500 km and take how many litres was used to achieve these 500 km....say 40 litres then 500 km/40l =12.5km/l...

I think this should be it....correct me if i am wrong someone... :o

Best way is to calculate manually by using data from distance that you travel (from trip odometer) and amount of fuel that you pumped each time. Perform repeated calculations using different sets of data i.e. reset trip odometer after pumping to check for consistency.

Reason is because the needle in fuel gauge is not trustworthy. Because the fuel tank shape nowadays is very weird. Chances is that it is funnel shape i.e. very wide at the top and much narrower closer to the bottom. This way, the position of the needle can be quite misleading. I believe the needle is pegged to the fuel level and not to the actual volume of fuel in tank.

the other thing i noticed is the eco mode...there is a "eco" word keep appearing eventhough i have switch off the "eco mode" on the dash...what does this mean?

Also - bro poky, the keyless entry, what if we manually use the key to get into the car, and the immobilizer has not been deactivated, so how do we drive off? I asked the question to SE, but he says cannot drive at all, and

i think the car will automatically go into eco mode when we do not accel. I tried when i coasted the car, i.e, release the accel when i am close to 80-100... the eco lit up.

Eco mode good when kena those spastic traffic jams, car will move damn slow, retarding accleration.. haha

Eco mode is not like sports mode i.e. a mode that is activated manually. it is more than an indicator only. If your throttle activity happens to be relaxed and gentle e.g. you are feathering throttle, then it will come on. the purpose is to tell you that the manner that you are driving now is good for FC. if you try to floor or something, the indicator should go off.

wait... 300KM on the 3/4 Mark :o

Bro, can i check how long you needed to acheive this? Coz my car 2.5weeks old and mileage is 450KM on 49L. (well, i pumped 49L when the mileage was 450) .. total distance 800kmplus, close to the 1000km run in as per manual. Trip com output was 9.2KM/L. Maybe i needed more tanks so that engine is "seasoned"? haha. ...

My travel patterns are mostly along farrer road all the the way to alexandra side, so the traffic is farktasticly bad...start stop mostly. But even though this kills FC, i don't think Wish FC can hit below 11 right?

Im on stock currently and rpms are less than 3K for now. So now wondering if it is new engine or what...

Yours the 4spd model?

Bro...

Sorry for the late reply as I am overseas and still am.

Mine is the NFL... not the same as your newer model.

Its common to get very high fuel consumption rate when you are in the run in period so don't worry too much about it.

Yes my car can reach 300km by 3/4 tank. Remember my car is all stock including the tires. And I'm a light footed driver so that helps I guess. Anyway my Wish is so seasoned at 80k km that even with hard driving pattern in the city, I reach 250 or 240 at worst. I have a few friends driving Wish and they too can get 280 by 3/4. But all of us have the NFL model so its different from the newer one. And I'm on RON 97 from bolehland hahaha!

I think by the time you reach 15 to 20k km you will have a more stable FC. Your engine is currently ironing out the kinks and finding the rhythm for it to be at full efficiency so don't worry about it. Just enjoy the drive and drive safe.

My RPM is 2k for 90-100km/h and my engine oil is W40 mineral.

By the way, don't use the trip computer reading... a more accurate measurement will be to pump the tank to the brim, reset the tripmeter and calculate the amount of petrol pumped against the km travelled at the next fillup. After a few tanks, you will have a more accurate estimate of your FC.

Hope that helps. [cool]

I do hope i can hit 12-14km/l sia .. my trip com is showing 8.8 - 9.2 [bigcry]

Just to confirm, the trip com is showing in km/l hor, not 100L/km right. haha

100litres PER KM!?!?!?!?

that's F UP FC!

Bro...

Sorry for the late reply as I am overseas and still am.

Mine is the NFL... not the same as your newer model.

Its common to get very high fuel consumption rate when you are in the run in period so don't worry too much about it.

Yes my car can reach 300km by 3/4 tank. Remember my car is all stock including the tires. And I'm a light footed driver so that helps I guess. Anyway my Wish is so seasoned at 80k km that even with hard driving pattern in the city, I reach 250 or 240 at worst. I have a few friends driving Wish and they too can get 280 by 3/4. But all of us have the NFL model so its different from the newer one. And I'm on RON 97 from bolehland hahaha!

I think by the time you reach 15 to 20k km you will have a more stable FC. Your engine is currently ironing out the kinks and finding the rhythm for it to be at full efficiency so don't worry about it. Just enjoy the drive and drive safe.

My RPM is 2k for 90-100km/h and my engine oil is W40 mineral.

By the way, don't use the trip computer reading... a more accurate measurement will be to pump the tank to the brim, reset the tripmeter and calculate the amount of petrol pumped against the km travelled at the next fillup. After a few tanks, you will have a more accurate estimate of your FC.

Hope that helps. [cool]

Yes - you are right - 3/4 tank can hit 300km. not a problem....I hit that on my way up north for the holidays. overall I hit 680km on my 1st full tank of petrol..is this good? - 80 higway and 20 city.

I am impress with the FC - i did a test comparing my previous ride and it is definately better in FC for highway run...from Seremban R&R..filled to brim until petrol on the outer hole..and reach tuas checkpoint, fill up to the brim again....guess how many litres...I got :D ...15-16 litres...yes ..until can see the petrol on the outer hole(if that is what you call it...dunno what to call this [laugh] )

didn't speed just driving sedately...but on 2 occassions got flash for driving slow on the right lane and step on the accelerator....impressive pick up...110 to 150 no problem..with 4 pax and 1 kid and pack to the brim... [:)]

Previous ride - same technique, (coz i always stop at seremban for food and petrol)...and refill at tuas also to the brim....20-24 litres...so in a way...this ride is definitely better in terms of FC and seat support and not to mention space...

The 7 speed is really good....no engine noise, though i didn't push it hard...rpm at 100kmh is at 1.750

much better than previous ride - seat support is very good...didn't feel back ache..not like previous ride! after long distance travelling, get out from the car back pain..

Only gripe on this car are the brakes - it lacks bite, you gotta step it really hard or you need to step on the brakes early.... :wacko:

oh...and the tyres...this GY is really bad...noise and grip is a big no no...will wait awhile before deciding to change...prolly to 16" and BS or Michellan or Yoko?

other than these 2 things....eveything looks good... [rolleyes]

Bro,

Ur FC sounds ok for a new car. That should get better as time goes by.

I'm on YK LS2000 hybrid. Stock. So far am very happy with the tires as its an all rounder. Good grip in both wet and dry. And its quiet so am comfortable with it. Will change to the same one when my shoes are worn but will get a slightly wider 205. What's the tyre size for 2009 model?

And yes, being an mpv, we need bigger brake. You can get a BBK or consider changing to steel brake cables for faster response.

Hope that helps.

Yes - you are right - 3/4 tank can hit 300km. not a problem....I hit that on my way up north for the holidays. overall I hit 680km on my 1st full tank of petrol..is this good? - 80 higway and 20 city.

I am impress with the FC - i did a test comparing my previous ride and it is definately better in FC for highway run...from Seremban R&R..filled to brim until petrol on the outer hole..and reach tuas checkpoint, fill up to the brim again....guess how many litres...I got :D ...15-16 litres...yes ..until can see the petrol on the outer hole(if that is what you call it...dunno what to call this [laugh] )

didn't speed just driving sedately...but on 2 occassions got flash for driving slow on the right lane and step on the accelerator....impressive pick up...110 to 150 no problem..with 4 pax and 1 kid and pack to the brim... [:)]

Previous ride - same technique, (coz i always stop at seremban for food and petrol)...and refill at tuas also to the brim....20-24 litres...so in a way...this ride is definitely better in terms of FC and seat support and not to mention space...

The 7 speed is really good....no engine noise, though i didn't push it hard...rpm at 100kmh is at 1.750

much better than previous ride - seat support is very good...didn't feel back ache..not like previous ride! after long distance travelling, get out from the car back pain..

Only gripe on this car are the brakes - it lacks bite, you gotta step it really hard or you need to step on the brakes early.... :wacko:

oh...and the tyres...this GY is really bad...noise and grip is a big no no...will wait awhile before deciding to change...prolly to 16" and BS or Michellan or Yoko?

other than these 2 things....eveything looks good... [rolleyes]

I driving the '06 4 speeder, can still go JB to Ipoh on one tank at 130-140. Full load. At 100 is about 2200 rpm, so the 7 speeder makes a difference there.

I find the brakes fine FOR AN MPV. Remember also I am on 17 inch rims....

The Wish is really impressive this way.

Folks,

I'm driving a '10 4 speed wish n this is my 2nd full tank n so far I only manage to hit 10km/l fully stock.

So sad as I am thinking changing to a 17" now will ve to consider as dun wana fc to drop below 9km/l. Hianz

Bro,

Ur FC sounds ok for a new car. That should get better as time goes by.

I'm on YK LS2000 hybrid. Stock. So far am very happy with the tires as its an all rounder. Good grip in both wet and dry. And its quiet so am comfortable with it. Will change to the same one when my shoes are worn but will get a slightly wider 205. What's the tyre size for 2009 model?

And yes, being an mpv, we need bigger brake. You can get a BBK or consider changing to steel brake cables for faster response.

Hope that helps.

current shods for new wish is 195/65/15...a bit puny for the size of car....planning to change to 205/60 or 65 series and also up one level to 16"...is this advisable or should i just stay with 15" to save cost?

Folks,

I'm driving a '10 4 speed wish n this is my 2nd full tank n so far I only manage to hit 10km/l fully stock.

So sad as I am thinking changing to a 17" now will ve to consider as dun wana fc to drop below 9km/l. Hianz

My 1st full tank, the computer trip meter shows Average consumption at 14.0 km/l...now I am on 2nd tank and it has drop to 13.9 km/l...so highway driving for the 7 speed does makes a difference.

Folks,

Bro, u mentioned b4 yours is 2.0 L one is it ? If so, 10km/l quite ok liao le

hmmm ... highway must try next time, but my driving in SG is mostly city, so wil monitor the FC frm there on. I am more concerned for the FC is becaues i got the wish due to space and also FC, so if it does not give me what i want, then its someting i need to check with BM liao . haha ... but like what some bros said, engine still new, so maybe monitor till the 3rd servicing then see how ... :D

Brakes wise, as mentioned, cannot really E-Brake ... need to anticipate sia .... even just now, travelling at 100kph, lights changed (ok, my fault, was slightly distracted), last min din want to chiong (then again, should have done so as the road was clear on all sides), the stopping distance is more than half of my previous ride ... :blink: ... any speed greater than 100kph, i think i cant stop in time given 100m or so.

Thinking of changing rims and tyres too ... bro spidey, u going on 16"? 17" not much difference is it?

My 1st full tank, the computer trip meter shows Average consumption at 14.0 km/l...now I am on 2nd tank and it has drop to 13.9 km/l...so highway driving for the 7 speed does makes a difference.

Eerrrrr how about manual calculations instead of using the trip meter?

One question, always wanted to ask, why caluclating manually is more accurate ? Isnt the trip meter accurate enough? I know the fuel needle not accurate (coz i noticed my needle do fluctuate up and down, especially if the day before is cold and the next day, warm.)

Eerrrrr how about manual calculations instead of using the trip meter?

ok here goes - did 680km until the light came on - hence, i am assuming what's left would be around 10litres in the fuel tank. So take 680 km/50 litres = 13.6 km/l...so consider ok.

My other test was from Seremban to Tuas - Say the distance around 250km (forgot how far was it) and i used roughly 15-16litres = 250km/16litres = 15.6 km/l...this is full highway driving and driving sedately...if compared to my previous ride...i know the current car is way better...coz i am used to pumping at both stations and this new ride gave me better bucks savings...hahahah

i am ok with the FC on long distance - but for city driving...hhhmmm..not sure how...maybe like pokyman...will be swearing at BM can't achieve the desired results...

hmmm ... highway must try next time, but my driving in SG is mostly city, so wil monitor the FC frm there on. I am more concerned for the FC is becaues i got the wish due to space and also FC, so if it does not give me what i want, then its someting i need to check with BM liao . haha ... but like what some bros said, engine still new, so maybe monitor till the 3rd servicing then see how ... :D

Brakes wise, as mentioned, cannot really E-Brake ... need to anticipate sia .... even just now, travelling at 100kph, lights changed (ok, my fault, was slightly distracted), last min din want to chiong (then again, should have done so as the road was clear on all sides), the stopping distance is more than half of my previous ride ... :blink: ... any speed greater than 100kph, i think i cant stop in time given 100m or so.

Thinking of changing rims and tyres too ... bro spidey, u going on 16"? 17" not much difference is it?

Bro Poky, i am pretty happy with the FC...So need to complain to BM....for now!

Agree with you on the brakes..really does not grip that well...could it be stock tyres???

I am not sure the price of 16" or 17"...you got any idea? [laugh] ...and do they take in our rims as well? if between 16" and 17" is only 40 bucks, ie for all 4 rims...then we might as well get 17" ...then you will curse me...your FC is going to go up up and up...and looking at the world issues...things may get worse before it gets better... [bigcry]

and oil price is gonna go up...

Anyway, apart from FC - The car is great....very nice to drive and, it goes thru the humps and pot holes better than my previous ride...i dun feel the steering vibrates...and taking corners...really steady and stable...not so much of a body roll...then again i was not speeding! [laugh] ...just a slow drive...still virgin mah!!

Now i know why they say T is reputable for it's comfort and sound isulation...my previous H was a let down in this department. Suspension set up is definitely better than my previous H. Then again can't compare the 2...different class..my civic was really noisy!!

Still need some getting used to on the keyless entry..i noticed that you can't leave it at "N" and then step on the parking brake and get out of the car....there will be a beeping sound...not sure for what! the sound dissapear when you push it to "P".

Also, the dash board orange key will light up, if you leave the engine on and leave the car with the remote....i think this is to prohibit ppl from driving off with your car...just myt thots..not tried it yet. Have you tried? say leave the car on "N"...then you leave the car with the keyless remote and ask your wife to drive it away....see if she is able to do that!

If can then my theory is wrong..

Also, if any doors are not properly close, there is a beeping sound... :D too many beeping stuff going on and sometimes don't know which is which..and due to what!!!

must slowly test this out.

↡ Advertisement