17" Tires recommendation

Trusty

im on ss595 and need a change real soon. im looking for a similar rating tires around the same budget.

235/45/17

would really like to stick to this tires if not for the noise level. i have been on it for the 3 sets now from re050..

thinking of ku36.

↡ Advertisement

haven't tried the ku36, but I've heard good comments of its dry grip... but wet grip is another matter altogether... and those big blocks of rubber makes them aquaplane quite easily...

kumho_xs_lg.jpg

Since you're on SS595's,... why not 595evo which I understand are less noisy...

having heard so many bad reviews on it, i will stay away from the evo. just wanna something quieter than the ss595 now but i really like the s595 perform

any idea whats the price for the following for 235/45/17

ss595

f1 asym

hankook rs3 and rs2

ku36

csc3

I was on AD08, very very good dry grip! Wet grip was pretty good too, but got worse as the tyre threads wore out.

Those high performance tires, usually Wet grip not so good, especially when threads get lesser, as the groove is much lesser, & more shallow.

I used to have one these Ultra performance tires, when raining heavy, it doesn't give a lot of confidence.

Now I change to max performance tires instead, with much better wet traction, after a lot of internet research & feedback from people. They are more comfy & quiet too.

Sure, the semi slick are better on the track, but I maybe only go only 1-3 times a year, compare almost daily on the street, so I think the decision is a good one.

But if you only use during weekend, & avoid driving in rain, & a regular trackie. I guess its may be a good choice.

My views anyway.

any idea whats the price for the following for 235/45/17

here's what I know for 225/45/17... prices may be outdated...

ss595 - dunno, but 595evo was $140

f1 asym - $210

hankook rs3 - $201 (after promotion discount)

rs2 - $180 (after promotion discount)

ku36 - $175

csc3 - $188 during offer by Stamford but that's expired now...

Those high performance tires, usually Wet grip not so good, especially when threads get lesser, as the groove is much lesser, & more shallow.

I used to have one these Ultra performance tires, when raining heavy, it doesn't give a lot of confidence.

Now I change to max performance tires instead, with much better wet traction, after a lot of internet research & feedback from people. They are more comfy & quiet too.

Sure, the semi slick are better on the track, but I maybe only go only 1-3 times a year, compare almost daily on the street, so I think the decision is a good one.

But if you only use during weekend, & avoid driving in rain, & a regular trackie. I guess its may be a good choice.

My views anyway.

bro, I think you're comparing semi-slick versus non-semi-slick...

your F1 Asymmetric is actually UHP (ultra-high performance) :D

bro, I think you're comparing semi-slick versus non-semi-slick...

your F1 Asymmetric is actually UHP (ultra-high performance) :D

Oh. I used the standard use by tirerack. I do see the UHP on the stickers on the tires I bought today.

(edited)

in terms of the list of tyres, rightfully which should last longer excluding ss595?

any contacts to get f1A cheaply?

Edited by Trusty

here's what I know for 225/45/17... prices may be outdated...

ss595 - dunno, but 595evo was $140

f1 asym - $210

hankook rs3 - $201 (after promotion discount)

rs2 - $180 (after promotion discount)

ku36 - $175

csc3 - $188 during offer by Stamford but that's expired now...

Woah good prices! I used to think my next set of tyres would be Federal RS-R or KU36 for sure until the USD drop and price of big brand tires on Tire Rack becomes practical. Thinking of importing PS2 based on what everyone's been recommending. My current RE050A has been good but would like a change so I can compare.

OT, if you used to drive RE050A, isnt the SS a downgrade? I would have thought for similiar dry performance you'll need KU36, 595 EVO or RS-R. The SS are comparable to the KU31. I wouldnt recommend them at all due to the price of tires in SG. For the same price you can get better balanced tires. I dont wanna die when its wet.

in terms of the list of tyres, rightfully which should last longer excluding ss595?

any contacts to get f1A cheaply?

I've only used the F1A and RS-2. Both are about the same. From what I hear, the Federals last quite long...

Bro Kiadaw has been asking around. Seems like P0h H3ng gives a good price for F1A...

i beg to differ. ss595 is better in performance to re050 imo.

your call, bro. From what I hear (I haven't tried the Federals), the Bridgestones perform better...