Cannot draw CPF till 65?

Zanter

I think I half dead also cannot take out own money. Well not to say I have much money by time I can draw my money, its half eaten away by inflation already!

Sthing is really very wrong in these so call system.

My case... fully paid HDB almost 200k

OA...9k + 15k stock

SA...40k + 19K unit trust

MA..37k

When I check the calculator thingy at CPF web....and I can only draw 5k cash at I am 55 yrs [furious]

↡ Advertisement

OA...9k + 15k stock

MA..37k

When I check the calculator thingy at CPF web....and I can only draw 5k cash at I am 55 yrs [furious]

you need to read more.... unless you are trying to smoke your wife -_-

Bro gearoil, you over sensitive liao. Cause from your initial post, it give a wrong impression that we had only 1 chance to take out the cpf money. I wanted to clarify that point nia. But ultimately, i agree with your view in taking out everything As CPF ruling is ever changing.

So bro, dont worry i am not here to throw cold water. I add on to your point nia.

Peace

I always say it bluntly but right to the point.

I don't buy wayang, as wayang and ceremony is for someone like Radx in his trade to use to earn his money.

Which person ( except maybe a Sinkie who has been condtioned to think so) knowing the 'chao kuan' ways of his Master, would leave a single cent in his Master's hands and slowly take back what he/she can take back at that point in time?

Of couse as I type this, there are Sinkie who are slowly take back his money on 55 from his Master rather than take it all back.

What can I say about these ppl?

Maybe they 'love' to leave their money with their Master, maybe these ppl have their werid reasons ,maybe they have too much money already or maybe like for someone, like Radx...they could be IMH cases! :D

OA...9k + 15k stock

MA..37k

You can pledge half of the value of your pigeon hole and the other half made up by cash to make up the Min Sum. The rest on 55 can take out.

Is this not so?

But you must be aware..there is a 'trap' here when you use your pigeon hole as a pledge! :D

I am a retiree. I withdrew my CPF 4 years ago and I am waiting to receive my monthly payments. I have never voted in last few elections, simply b'cos no opposition candidates in my constituency that that allowed the walk over for the Papies. By the way, what wrong with people working in the civil service?

Didn't say there was anything wrong what!

You mean you got 'my implied' meaning and you read your own way? :D

But I am sure , you are one that TOOK ALL YOUR MONEY BACK ON 55, right?

Considering your language ability, which ranks quite good for a Sinkie , I am sure ppl like you makes better decision about your own welfare, than those who read only Chinese newspaper?

Am I right again? [laugh]

Well honestly 2.5% is a sad return. If my fund advisory give me story earn 2.5%, I will tell him better go back to school. I do a bit homework, I can find good stock giving divident 5% p.a. at little risk.

If you plainly lay it out and tell the Sinkies that the monthly contribution thru out their working life that they had to mandatorily put it into their hands in reality those funds can generate more than 10% in good years and around 6 to 8% in so so years...and had really returned so much more in reality.

What do you think will happen?

Nothing.

The Sinkie are already brain dead and balless by now anyway, so what can they do? [laugh]

I always say it bluntly but right to the point.

I don't buy wayang, as wayang and ceremony is for someone like Radx in his trade to use to earn his money.

Which person ( except maybe a Sinkie who has been condtioned to think so) knowing the 'chao kuan' ways of his Master, would leave a single cent in his Master's hands and slowly take back what he/she can take back at that point in time?

Of couse as I type this, there are Sinkie who are slowly take back his money on 55 from his Master rather than take it all back.

What can I say about these ppl?

Maybe they 'love' to leave their money with their Master, maybe these ppl have their werid reasons ,maybe they have too much money already or maybe like for someone, like Radx...they could be IMH cases! :D

err.. but Heard that Undertaker is not RadX real job leh [laugh][laugh][laugh]

well, if the person dont know how to take care of his own wealth. then they does to have their own money kenna lock up. (refering to those ah pek who kenna con by young women.)

Didn't say there was anything wrong what!

You mean you got 'my implied' meaning and you read your own way? :D

But I am sure , you are one that TOOK ALL YOUR MONEY BACK ON 55, right?

Considering your language ability, which ranks quite good for a Sinkie , I am sure ppl like you makes better decision about your own welfare, than those who read only Chinese newspaper?

Am I right again? [laugh]

You should change it to. those who only read newspaper of their language. including Indy and Malays.'anyway, you will be surprise that some of those who read newspaper of their own language are quite smart and likely smarter than you.

afterall can speak ang mo doesnt mean you are smart.

the way they keep changing the CPF rules to make it harder to take out the money or keep it longer, and longer whilst you get older and older, perhaps die first... I really suspect there is already little or no money left in the CPF...

the way they keep changing the CPF rules to make it harder to take out the money or keep it longer, and longer whilst you get older and older, perhaps die first... I really suspect there is already little or no money left in the CPF...

you dont know meh?? you try to remember when they start doing that.

its right after the 1997 crisis. but kudos to them that they used those money to buffer our region economy if not we might not have to complain about COE and housing price now [bigcry] but might have to worry that our wives are maids in other country and maybe kenna sexual abuse [bigcry]

(waiting to be flame. [:p] )

I took the effort to read from the cpf website, for the convenience of everyone who wish to know...

OA + SA around 25 to 153k, 20% withdrawal only. The rest goes to RA (retirement account)

OA + Sa >153k, cash payment the balance with 123K (subjects to inflation) STILL inside CPF.

Those older generation and uneducated folks will probably see this as an attractive alternative, every month got money mah.....zhen hu qi wa, song.

To me, its all about own money being locked in by the government, and not given a beneficial choice.

this goalpost shifting is act v irresponsible..my mum has been looking forward to withdraw her cpf at 55, which is prob the mentality of aunties and uncles since they started working many yrs ago..but suddenly this amt started gradually dropping some yrs ago, no choice jus LL receive what is given...

Many savy citizens acknowledge there is no real access to the CPF so most maintain "zero" balance in the PAP account...they use it all up to buy property and get rental return...

One of my frens said even if he suffers a loss in property price at least he knows PAP and Temasick also dont have access to it.......and i can understand his sentiment...

I think I half dead also cannot take out own money. Well not to say I have much money by time I can draw my money, its half eaten away by inflation already!

All must be more and more than half dead before you can withdraw your CPF money. If you can live to 80, even allowing you to draw at 40 you are already half way to die.

So, let me get this straight. It's only the age at which I can take out the minimum sum affected, right?

What's the minimum sum, by the way?

↡ Advertisement