Give way to vehicles turning left if you're turning right.

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

Many forget this simple basic/final theory rule, that is to give way to left-turning vehicles. At this particular junction outside Istana where cars coming out from CTE were to turn left versus cars from behind Orchard Rd turning right. All right-turning vehicles please give way to left-turning vehicles. :angry:

↡ Advertisement

Many forget this simple basic/final theory rule, that is to give way to left-turning vehicles. At this particular junction outside Istana where cars coming out from CTE were to turn left versus cars from behind Orchard Rd turning right. All right-turning vehicles please give way to left-turning vehicles. :angry:

Exactly true. The situation is as you described above. Many other junctions just as above.

On another point, the left turning vehicles should stop when red light - but many try to eat into the red light and still do a left turn. This reduces the turn time for the right turning vehicles in front of them - and the right turning vehicles have a longer distance to travel.

It all boils down to road courtesy - but sadly many drivers leave the common sense and courtesy at the driving schools after passing the test.

You mean the road behind istana leading to orchard whereby the junction merge.....???

Turbocharged

You mean the road behind istana leading to orchard whereby the junction merge.....???

yeh. junction between istana and concorde hotel. left-turning vehicles have right-of-way.

yeh. junction between istana and concorde hotel. left-turning vehicles have right-of-way.

Used to drive this road...n always let those cars from oppsite-turning right chiong 1st....

This is a very dangerous junction, especially if you are the first car in the left turn lanes. The drivers on the opposite side, either act blur or boh chup, just chiong turn-right when the lights turn green.

I would suggest to LTA to make that a Right-Turn arrow,.

that junction is just waiting for accidents to happen. actually already got accidents there lah. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] agree that should put right turn arrow. [thumbsup]

that junction is just waiting for accidents to happen. actually already got accidents there lah. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] agree that should put right turn arrow. [thumbsup]

want to make lta work?

wait till there is an accident and sueh sueh a vehicle hit the istana wall

only then it will notice how dangerous the junction is

another junction is the one at upper bt timah road with dairy farm road. Those doing a U turn on upper bt timah road towards beauty world is always at risk of colliding with cars turning left from dairy farm road

another junction is the one at upper bt timah road with dairy farm road. Those doing a U turn on upper bt timah road towards beauty world is always at risk of colliding with cars turning left from dairy farm road

Exactly.. I was thinking of the same thing too haha! Nomally check the main road red light then we proceed on the filter then the main road got green arrow the cars all U turn so it's a case to see who brake harder! Dangerous esp to those who wanna keep right to turn to hillview..

Was there this morning. Stupid woman driving a white c200 SJW ...made aright turn then do an immediate u-turn back into orchard road going to plaza sing. I happened to be going the samw way. Then this idiot stopped her car on the ramp on level 3 (did not turn into carpark!) to drop off her mum and 2 kids, jamming evrone on the ramp going up. I honk her like crazy, she showed me her hand. Then she tailed me to level six (after i passed her on level 5). And tailed me to B2 before going off. If she dared to open her mouth, i would have given her a piece of my mind... She looks like she's from prc. Meanwhile in the lift, i purposely talked loudly to my kids about the stupid driver we encountered earlier and whether i should report her to tp for doing illegal u-turn. Haha i think she chickened out after that.

Some driver fail to see the 'STOP' too. Another practice that has kinda disappeared is give way to vehicles on the upramp eg at the MSCP.

(edited)

Hi everyone, reviving this thread to post a question.

I drove in carpark coming back home and stopped at stopline. Going to turn left, looked right, looked left and right. All clear then started to turn. Halfway through left turn, young driver of a perodua kenari scooted towards my direction and straightaway made a right turn, I stopped and let him pass. . It was a bit tight and we came to about 2-3 inches apart. Young chap glared at me, girl friend beside him and I looked at him.

Is it normal to give way to a vehicle turning first? I always do that especially in a carpark which may be 'tight' when turning. This same situation happened before when a woman turned out by my side when I was already making a turn halfway. I find it strange as I always slow down and make way for a turning vehicle in a carpark.

Hmmmm? [confused]

Edited by Count-Bracula

Twincharged

Hi everyone, reviving this thread to post a question.

I drove in carpark coming back home and stopped at stopline. Going to turn left, looked right, looked left and right. All clear then started to turn. Halfway through left turn, young driver of a perodua kenari scooted towards my direction and straightaway made a right turn, I stopped and let him pass. . It was a bit tight and we came to about 2-3 inches apart. Young chap glared at me, girl friend beside him and I looked at him.

Is it normal to give way to a vehicle turning first? I always do that especially in a carpark which may be 'tight' when turning. This same situation happened before when a woman turned out by my side when I was already making a turn halfway. I find it strange as I always slow down and make way for a turning vehicle in a carpark.

Hmmmm? [confused]

You mean those situations where it is two-way but at the junction? IMO, the carpark wide enough then no need to stop lo. Maybe you felt not enough space to turn together but he felt that there is enough space la. My car small, so sometimes I also just turn while the other vehicle is turning. I never glare at them though. I only glare at them if they drive so far away from the kerb like as if they are driving a tank, thus blocking the way... Lol.

(edited)

You mean those situations where it is two-way but at the junction? IMO, the carpark wide enough then no need to stop lo. Maybe you felt not enough space to turn together but he felt that there is enough space la. My car small, so sometimes I also just turn while the other vehicle is turning. I never glare at them though. I only glare at them if they drive so far away from the kerb like as if they are driving a tank, thus blocking the way... Lol.

My carpark here a bit narrow at the T-junction, cars will normally turn a bit wide but close to kerb unless you ‘jiak’ a bit into the other lane before turning. Sheesh, some drivers just do not have the common sense. Maybe want to impress girlfriend in his Kenari?

Edited by Count-Bracula

Twincharged

My carpark here a bit narrow at the T-junction, cars will normally turn a bit wide but close to kerb unless you ‘jiak’ a bit into the other lane before turning. Sheesh, some drivers just do not have the common sense. Maybe want to impress girlfriend in his Kenari?

I guess this one hard to blame them la. Sometimes people just feel its big enough gap but we might not feel the same way. No fixed rule ma.

↡ Advertisement