I believe interest rate will rise very soon........

Piyopico

Probably by 0.5% or 0.75%.

If you are thinking of buying big ticket items, factor this into your calculation. It is going to happen...................

Cheers.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement

Probably by 0.5% or 0.75%.

If you are thinking of buying big ticket items, factor this into your calculation. It is going to happen...................

Cheers.

[:)]

not really, car loan now is going to all low like 1.6%

not really, car loan now is going to all low like 1.6%

This can only go up.

Those who got 1.6% shiok. Compensated by higher car prices though.

Some say after erection.

Why do you think the property fourth curbs come into play so suddenly?

Gov already subtle hint that it was to prevent speculator being caught out when the interest do rise in future.

The urgency of this property ruling, can be read as a six month early warning of impending interest increase?

This can only go up.

Those who got 1.6% shiok. Compensated by higher car prices though.

Nope, i just ot my car last month and it is 1.8%, today i receive a sms from a ocbc banker, and tell me now their car loan is 1.6%

[knife] intreast for property can car is now at low peak, as the property and car pricing is skt high

same wan la.

Interest low at 1.6% but the loan is higher due to COE so end of the day, no benefit to cosumer.

Interest will DEFINITELY GO UP. I believe within 3 months.

Those buying resale flat may wanna wait a while and see wat happens. In a cycle, there are peaks and troughs, dun be the last one holding the baby.

loan for 2nd hand cars is different from brand new? its usually higher rite?

even at 1.88% is considered very low for 2nd hand cars.

Some say after erection.

Why do you think the property fourth curbs come into play so suddenly?

Gov already subtle hint that it was to prevent speculator being caught out when the interest do rise in future.

The urgency of this property ruling, can be read as a six month early warning of impending interest increase?

Interest rates will have to rise eventually to keep pace with the rest of Asia, given the amount of inflation that is setting in. Most Asian central banks have already hiked rates. However, the latest property measures (if you ask me) suggest that Govt is delaying the hike in interest rates, which will be stronger than anti-speculative measures that have been periodically introduced.

With a hike in interest rates, the anti-speculative measures on property front may be reduced subsequently as the asset price inflation becomes self-containing.

it's like that, demand vs. supply.

car pricing is high now. thus, in order to attract more customers, one way is to lower the interest rate.

on the other hand, with the latest property ruling, property loan interest rate might drop too.

well... i am just guessing.

it's like that, demand vs. supply.

car pricing is high now. thus, in order to attract more customers, one way is to lower the interest rate.

on the other hand, with the latest property ruling, property loan interest rate might drop too.

well... i am just guessing.

No lah , interest rate dont depend on demand vs supply of property and cars lah ! . Depend more on US economy and SG economy for our case in Singapore . If US economy start to recovery , FED increase interest , SG will surely follow one !

Actually SG can start to increase because our economy is robust enough to do so already. Just that MAS dont want to jump the gun now . But I think they cannot tahan liao , economy too good in SG , out peform China . China already up a few round liao .

Edited by Jasonjst

Interest definitely going up. Sorry to be blunt, but it's pretty obvious.

Though....my mortgage just went from 1.875 to 1.81 something. It's going up soon.

Though....my mortgage just went from 1.875 to 1.81 something. It's going up soon.

Well, yours is obviously going down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

本报曼谷2月2日电 (记者丁刚)新加坡总理李显龙2日表示,预计未来数月新加坡通胀将加剧,今年晚些时候方能企稳。此间金融界人士认为,这可能预示着东南亚一些面临通胀压力的国家在今后一段时期将进入加息期。

新加坡亚洲新闻频道电视台网站的报道说,新加坡央行在4月加息的机会将增加。由于1月份的物价涨幅超过预期,印尼央行也可能会在近期调整其去年保持利息不变的政策,泰国央行也因物价涨速加快而采取继续加息的措施。

李显龙还分析了通胀的原因。

他认为,外部因素正推高包括新加坡在内的亚洲国家消费物价。近期油价上扬,导致汽油、柴油及电价俱升。同时,个别国家的天灾破坏了粮食生产,令食品价格上涨。

国际货币基金组织总裁多米尼克

So what?

I am not some big time investors who plays the market with the Differential interest rates in the world. I did not borrow at 0.5% to invest in 0.7% returns!

So I no scared!!

1.81 is lower than 1.875.

So rates goes down because its going up?

All this high finance really confuses me. :D

why you guys the interest so high..?? Mine is now at 1.14% only leh......

Mine is 0.7% + 3 months SIBOR. And it would be like this forever.....

Edited by Icedbs

Neutral Newbie

why you guys the interest so high..?? Mine is now at 1.14% only leh......

Mine is 0.7% + 3 months SIBOR. And it would be like this forever.....

Low interest rates won't last. Our banks' interest rates pegged to US' rates and Federal rates not expected to rise until end 2011 earliest. Today's released US' unemployment figures not good and US unlikely to raise interest rates anytime until 2012.

Edited by themagi
↡ Advertisement