Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty

Jkcs

Pls be reminded this is a car forum ..... kindly discuss about cars not abt aircon nd toilets.

err...u ask TS loh why he discuss this in a car forum....

btw: you can see the link (Singapore No. 1 Car Forum & Car Club - MyCarForum > General > Complaints > Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty)

if this is a car forum, why ppl gossip abt politics, women, s3x etc etc....pls lah dun come here n be policeman lah....

↡ Advertisement

Gain City is quite good in their installation of aircon. I got from them before 3 years ago but do check in reno forum about which group of installers that they have are good. I read about good reviews for my installer and ask for them when I order the aircon from gain city.

(to TS)

agreed with many bros over this:

1) This section not abt TCSS or home reno.

I thought gain city branched out to do car aircon liao.

2) TS need to supervise. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder.

The installer's focus is to do the job in the simplest way to their convenience and for

future maintaneance. Some owners may not like to drill too many holes due to fengshui reasons.

You have your own version of pain , fine. You should let installer/contractor know before they do their stuff.

In any case u think u may not articulate precisely on the actual matter, draw or supervise personally.

Aircon is always the bigger headache, next to built-in wardrobe and floor tiles.

3) Make a quick and well thought out decision on whether to rectify (with your significant other, or family members).

The longer the delay, the less motivated you will be.

$180 is not a big amount. Put it in a proper perspective. There are some cases of leaking air con pipes dripping onto built in wardrobe after a few years of usage and has to tear down the wardrobe. This is a bigger mess.

Edited by Jpcc

Dear friend girls and politics are part of car issues but house aircon , maid issues or wife run away are not and pls do not waist our valueable time .

But only one advice for those lazy ones who dont want to do their job and push blame on others get a life and move on. For all the rest have a good week ahead.

Dear friend girls and politics are part of car issues but house aircon , maid issues or wife run away are not and pls do not waist our valueable time .

But only one advice for those lazy ones who dont want to do their job and push blame on others get a life and move on. For all the rest have a good week ahead.

hehehe...hmm...you will not waste your valueable time if YOU have chose not to click this "Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty" post n read n post your comment, but u kaypoh n curious, therefore u click in to see what is going on. Thus u choose to waste your valueable time. seriously i dun know what you want actually...maybe monday blues for u bah.....

Bought my a/c from GC too. Satisfied with their worksmanship and stuffs. But i thought before they start work, the installer will go through the whole installation plan, eg; running of pipes, wiring etc and they will put down in black and white and ask u to sign before they start right? I went through this whole discussion process, and they said once i acknowledge and signed, any rework after that will be chargeable. Of course i was there throughout to ensure nothing goes wrong.. esp. when they are drilling holes into the walls for the socket plug and pipes...

but overall their skills and attitude of the workers are good imho, or at least the 3 installers who did the job for me are good.. :)

always discuss everything with the relevent people who are going to do construction work on your property.

never assume those people to understand what you want to accomplish.

never assume that the contractors, installers, designers to understand each other.

if you never discuss, they will do the work in the best ways that suits themself.

best is to be present at the actual site to give instruction.

Beside worker's safety, I think another issue might involve the legality of installing trunking on the outside of the building. You may have to check this.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...on?OpenDocument

Looking at the Technical Requirements Point #2, all pipings for the aircon must be run internally.

Hopefully TS after looking at this "restrictions" would come to accept the installation as done.

Sad to say, this is all a part of the renovation scene in singapore, especially the type of works done on flats (for landed property, maybe because the cost is more, the quality expected is better??)

it's not really true for the landed property to be better, mostly all the main contractors look for sub-cons and the lowest bidder gets the deal..sounds familiar? Everything must be inked in contract to protect yourself and also owner's involvement in the reno is very much needed.. [nod]

I dont find it ugly leh. Mine also like that. Been like that for close to six yrs liao. See pic.

[laugh] I also have something similar in my living room. There's a conduit across the wall of my living room.... [:p]

almost all worker are the same and will go for the easy way to install,

but i think you share the same blame as well as never "assume" other people will know how you want the work to be done

he is not doing the wrong way either except they does not have "designer" mindset compare to most home owner.

you should supervise or give instrustion to them before they start installation.

almost all worker are the same and will go for the easy way to install,

but i think you share the same blame as well as never "assume" other people will know how you want the work to be done

he is not doing the wrong way either except they does not have "designer" mindset compare to most home owner.

you should supervise or give instrustion to them before they start installation.

Bro, let's not make an ASS of U & ME by making any assumption. Details were discussed and there is no other choice 'cos we don't want to hack our built-in wardrobe.

I do feel sorry for your plight as a victim of bad worksmanship from them. I have my aircon replaced last year by GC and I didn't find their worksmanship much of a problem. Their supervisor even make a spot check on the technicians halfway through the installation and even asked about those pipings that weren't changed (Thinks he suspects the technicians psycho me don't change the pipings). The technician also give me his number in case of any problems so overall I find them rather good.

Hi anyone have bough aircon lately from gaincity?

How is their installation and services?

Is it trustworthy to buy from them.

Any recommendations

Thank you all.

Hi anyone have bough aircon lately from gaincity?

How is their installation and services?

Is it trustworthy to buy from them.

Any recommendations

Thank you all.

Not sure if it's too late to reply to u.

Yes, it's good to buy from GC. I bought Mit brand from them. Change from old to new air con

Workmanship and quality is good. V professional. And I bought their servicing package.

The most important thing is you must be at home to watch them install. And u must tell them how u wan the pipes to run. They will tell u whether its possible or not. Never leave them alone to install. Not just for GC, but it's for any kind of workers or contractor.

Their servicing is even more solid. Who will bother to dismante the air con unit to wash?

In my experience, the past servicing guys that I used to engage (not from GC), they just come and vacuum your air con, wipe the dust and that's it. If u wan them to dismante and wash, they call it "chemical wash" and will quote you $100-$120 per unit.

But the GC guys will dismante the whole air con and wash properly. And they do it in every servicing. 3 months interval.

And I paid only $30 per unit in the service package, if I remember correctly.

It's also good to get their extended warranty. This will save you future headache

Edited by Jusnel
  • Praise 2

We also bought our aircon from Gain City in August 2018. It's the worst after sales service we've ever had. 

↡ Advertisement