Taiwan: Advise for Free and Easy trip to Taiwan

Adrianli

Hi MO,

My wife n I will be making a FnE trip to Taipei Taiwan. We will be flying there by Jetstar and staying at Wonstar hotel in March this year. I need some advise from you.

1) I see that there is no train service from Taoyuan airport to Ximending where our hotel is. What is the best and cheapest way to travel from airport to city??? I see the cab fare from airport to hotel is NT$1300-1400 :blink: ........I am only a peasant, cant afford that kind of cab fare.

2) I saw on the map, Taoyuan High Speed Rail is only a distance away from Taoyuan airport. Can we take a cab/bus from airport to the railway station? From the Taipei main railway station, we can take the MRT to Ximending station.

3) How is the weather in Taiwan in March? Cold and rainy??? Or cool and sunny??? I hope its not their rainy season.

4) Our this trip, we will stay in Taipei only and will not visit other cities(been there, done that during the group tour last time). I hope you can advise us on the daytime itenery.

Day 1 : SG -> Taoyuan -> Ximending -> Walk ard Ximending

Day 2 : Daytime visit Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Wufenpu and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market

Day 4 : Daytime and nite time Ximending..................??????????

Day 5 : Ximending -> Taoyuan -> SG

We are not interested in those museum or memorial hall, we have been to these places during our last group tour. Any other shopping/eating places to visit????

5) What is the must eat stuff in Taipei???

6) Which is the most popular nite club/disco/pub there to visit???

7) Which is the most popular pineapple tart in Taiwan. The last time we went to this shop which the tour guide brought us and its tasty!!! Can u tell from the pics where this shop is???

Thks,

Adrian

post-2654-1295137214_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi MO,

My wife n I will be making a FnE trip to Taipei Taiwan. We will be flying there by Jetstar and staying at Wonstar hotel in March this year. I need some advise from you.

1) I see that there is no train service from Taoyuan airport to Ximending where our hotel is. What is the best and cheapest way to travel from airport to city??? I see the cab fare from airport to hotel is NT$1300-1400 :blink: ........I am only a peasant, cant afford that kind of cab fare.

2) I saw on the map, Taoyuan High Speed Rail is only a distance away from Taoyuan airport. Can we take a cab/bus from airport to the railway station? From the Taipei main railway station, we can take the MRT to Ximending station.

3) How is the weather in Taiwan in March? Cold and rainy??? Or cool and sunny??? I hope its not their rainy season.

4) Our this trip, we will stay in Taipei only and will not visit other cities(been there, done that during the group tour last time). I hope you can advise us on the daytime itenery.

Day 2 : Daytime visit Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Wufenpu and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market

We are not interested in those museum or memorial hall, we have been to these places during our last group tour. Any other shopping/eating places to visit????

7) Which is the most popular pineapple tart in Taiwan. The last time we went to this shop which the tour guide brought us and its tasty!!! Can u tell from the pics where this shop is???

Thks,

Adrian

pineapple tart we bought from chia te...

the cranberry one nicer though... [laugh] [laugh]

Hi MO,

Thks,

Adrian

I PM you. You and me bro. So no need post, call me can liow. :D I lazy to type nowadays, busying making

Nonya kuah kuah and achar lah. [:p]

During my last visit to TPE, my friends and I decided to try the airport transfer from the buses located at one side of the airport. It's quite cheap and have service to and fro from our hotel.

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/Pub...jsp?cnid=100150

You might want to try 'cos we found it quite fast as well.

If you want to see the change of the ceremonial guards, you can try the Zhong Lie Tzi 'cos the one at Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall has been "removed" during the times of DPP rule. If visit Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall, just walk about 200m to try the main shop of Din Tai Fung.

Hope that you have a good trip....... ^_^

During my last visit to TPE, my friends and I decided to try the airport transfer from the buses located at one side of the airport. It's quite cheap and have service to and fro from our hotel.

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/Pub...jsp?cnid=100150

You might want to try 'cos we found it quite fast as well.

If you want to see the change of the ceremonial guards, you can try the Zhong Lie Tzi 'cos the one at Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall has been "removed" during the times of DPP rule. If visit Zhong Zheng Memorial Hall, just walk about 200m to try the main shop of Din Tai Fung.

Hope that you have a good trip....... ^_^

Yep...but can see the COC at 国父纪念馆aka Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. I remember the timing around 2.45pm. Took pictures and video clips of it too.

TS bro can take the bus services from the counter close to the exit area of Taoyuan Airport, got Freego and Guoguang bus. NT125 per pax. Let the bus driver know if you wana get down to Tapei Main Station. But there would be lots of people getting up and down from there and you wun missed it. Then you can walk to Ximending which is about 5-10mins walk depending on your speed. Wonstar is just opposite the Taipei main station if I am not wrong.

Remember to eat steamboat there, lots of bbq steamboat and plain steamboat shops there ard 399-599 eat all you can. Shiok ar!!! [laugh]post-51509-1295169911_thumb.jpg

Btw Guoguang bus is till midnight but Freego ends earlier.

If you are going to Taipei, try this hotel, one of the best I ever stayed in

Tango Nanshi

dsc2463.jpg

dsc2308.jpg

dsc2314.jpg

dsc2322.jpg

dsc2363.jpg

dsc2389.jpg

dsc2414p.jpg

dsc2420.jpg

dsc2440.jpg

dsc2482.jpg

dsc2485.jpg

dsc2513.jpg

dsc2524.jpg

dsc2540x.jpg

dsc2544.jpg

very nice bro.. how much per night was it? and location of the hotel?

close to S$200 when i stayed there two years back. in front of a train station, i think is something zhongshan

I PM you. You and me bro. So no need post, call me can liow. :D I lazy to type nowadays, busying making

Nonya kuah kuah and achar lah. [:p]

I have returned ur PM. Will call u once I confirmed and booked my tickets. :D Thks in advance.

Actually I wana go there and visit all the 20+ hobby shops and r/c heli maker there. But my wife stared at me real hard when I told her that. So got to plan some activities she interested like shopping. [laugh]

Thks for the tip. We have already seen the change of guards the last time we went there. Nothing much to see actually. [lipsrsealed] My last trip to Taiwan was two years back, spent 7 days with the tour package and seen all of Taiwan's tourist spots.

Now we just wana stay in Taipei and enjoy the shopping and eating. I hope to visit as many r/c heli hobby shops as possible. :D

Thatz a nice hotel. But my wife prefer a hotel next to Ximending which is Wonstar. It is right smack in Ximending. Also its near to Ximen MRT too.

Didnt know Google had street-view for Taiwan too, until I was doing my research. Its great virtually walking ard the streets and along Ximending pedestrian mall!!! Google is power!!!

I have returned ur PM. Will call u once I confirmed and booked my tickets. :D Thks in advance.

Actually I wana go there and visit all the 20+ hobby shops and r/c heli maker there. But my wife stared at me real hard when I told her that. So got to plan some activities she interested like shopping. [laugh]

No problems, Brother, I will speck with you, best you call me first, I can talk you thru, even better of you join me on my date back, can point out onboard the plane as well, and brief you proper, sort of a pre-mission briefing. :D

Thks for the tip. We have already seen the change of guards the last time we went there. Nothing much to see actually. [lipsrsealed] My last trip to Taiwan was two years back, spent 7 days with the tour package and seen all of Taiwan's tourist spots.

Now we just wana stay in Taipei and enjoy the shopping and eating. I hope to visit as many r/c heli hobby shops as possible. :D

hah no problem. the COC is ok for me coz never see 1 so close up before. And they are really professional, their eyes totally dun move at all.

My next trip would probably go towards the southern part of Taiwan...and perhaps for my wedding photography+honeymoon...2 in 1. [laugh]

Hi MO,

Is there any building/street in Taipei like our Sim Lim Square that selling every kind of computer/electronics/electrical products for me to look see look see???

I know there is one in Kaoshiung, its called Nova building or something like that. The whole building sellings computer stuff and the streets also have lots of stuff. Its near to the Kaoshiung train station.

Any building like that in Taipei???

Neutral Newbie

Hi MO,

Is there any building/street in Taipei like our Sim Lim Square that selling every kind of computer/electronics/electrical products for me to look see look see???

I know there is one in Kaoshiung, its called Nova building or something like that. The whole building sellings computer stuff and the streets also have lots of stuff. Its near to the Kaoshiung train station.

Any building like that in Taipei???

Not sure if 八得路桥 is still a computer paradise or not...was there couple yrs back. Can find nice gadgets for 'spying'... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement