Taiwan: Advise for Free and Easy trip to Taiwan

Adrianli

Neutral Newbie

1) I see that there is no train service from Taoyuan airport to Ximending where our hotel is. What is the best and cheapest way to travel from airport to city??? I see the cab fare from airport to hotel is NT$1300-1400 :blink: ........I am only a peasant, cant afford that kind of cab fare. Consider cab if you have a lot of stuff or reach taipei main station

2) I saw on the map, Taoyuan High Speed Rail is only a distance away from Taoyuan airport. Can we take a cab/bus from airport to the railway station? From the Taipei main railway station, we can take the MRT to Ximending station. Take Bus to Taipei it is much easier go and check out from the bus counter at the airport

3) How is the weather in Taiwan in March? Cold and rainy??? Or cool and sunny??? I hope its not their rainy season.

Taipei is always rainy but depend if there is typhoon or not ( Coming or After) taichung and south hardly rain

Day 1 : SG -> Taoyuan -> Ximending -> Walk ard Ximending

Day 2 : Daytime visit Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Wufenpu ( close at 11pm and monday is wholesaler day avoid ) and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market ( shilin is enough )

Day 4 : Daytime and nite time Ximending..................?????????? ( hot spring at beitou or wulai ) then consider to danshui, Watch live Variety show ( i went to diamond club need to call station n ask or go to Q early )

Day 5 : Ximending -> Taoyuan -> SG

We are not interested in those museum or memorial hall, we have been to these places during our last group tour. Any other shopping/eating places to visit????

5) What is the must eat stuff in Taipei??? pork don at yoshinoya , haoda chicken cutlet at shilin, coldstone ( sg also have now) , ma la fish ball at shilin, shui jian bao at shilin, sticky rice at shilin , jacky wu tangcao , din tai feng main shop, koi cafe bubble tea the milk they use is from Japan, ah zhong main xian at xinmen, play airgun at shilin. Hello kitty restaurant, mei li hua ferris wheel , eat pekin food,

6) Which is the most popular nite club/disco/pub there to visit??? lux near 101 and ming ge at danshui or near 101 those normal singer is superb!!!

7) Which is the most popular pineapple tart in Taiwan. The last time we went to this shop which the tour guide brought us and its tasty!!! Can u tell from the pics where this shop is?? shop in Danshui

Edited by God21
↡ Advertisement

1) I see that there is no train service from Taoyuan airport to Ximending where our hotel is. What is the best and cheapest way to travel from airport to city??? I see the cab fare from airport to hotel is NT$1300-1400 :blink: ........I am only a peasant, cant afford that kind of cab fare. Consider cab if you have a lot of stuff or reach taipei main station

2) I saw on the map, Taoyuan High Speed Rail is only a distance away from Taoyuan airport. Can we take a cab/bus from airport to the railway station? From the Taipei main railway station, we can take the MRT to Ximending station. Take Bus to Taipei it is much easier go and check out from the bus counter at the airport

3) How is the weather in Taiwan in March? Cold and rainy??? Or cool and sunny??? I hope its not their rainy season.

Taipei is always rainy but depend if there is typhoon or not ( Coming or After) taichung and south hardly rain

Day 1 : SG -> Taoyuan -> Ximending -> Walk ard Ximending

Day 2 : Daytime visit Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Wufenpu ( close at 11pm and monday is wholesaler day avoid ) and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market ( shilin is enough )

Day 4 : Daytime and nite time Ximending..................?????????? ( hot spring at beitou or wulai ) then consider to danshui, Watch live Variety show ( i went to diamond club need to call station n ask or go to Q early )

Day 5 : Ximending -> Taoyuan -> SG

We are not interested in those museum or memorial hall, we have been to these places during our last group tour. Any other shopping/eating places to visit????

5) What is the must eat stuff in Taipei??? pork don at yoshinoya , haoda chicken cutlet at shilin, coldstone ( sg also have now) , ma la fish ball at shilin, shui jian bao at shilin, sticky rice at shilin , jacky wu tangcao , din tai feng main shop, koi cafe bubble tea the milk they use is from Japan, ah zhong main xian at xinmen, play airgun at shilin. Hello kitty restaurant, mei li hua ferris wheel , eat pekin food,

6) Which is the most popular nite club/disco/pub there to visit??? lux near 101 and ming ge at danshui or near 101 those normal singer is superb!!!

7) Which is the most popular pineapple tart in Taiwan. The last time we went to this shop which the tour guide brought us and its tasty!!! Can u tell from the pics where this shop is?? shop in Danshui

Thank you very much. Will print it and bring it there.

From Airport to XMD, you can take Bus.

Alternatively you can try to ask ard HWZ, they shld have some contacts for taxi drivers, call n make arrangement for them to pick u up, rates are cheaper.

Danshui and Beitou is quite near, why not have both place on the same day, which is day 2?

Jiufen got a very very famour "Lu Rou Fan", i cannot reme the name of the shop. But the shop uses very low chairs and tables, hope you can find it.

Jiufen along the road got this stall, sell "Feng Li Shu" very nice, one of the nicest i had from Taiwan.

XMD also got this stall that sell Er Rou, you can ask ard, the locals cfm know the shop.

WufenPu is very near to Raohe NM, unless i reme wrongly, why nobody interested in there? Lolz.

At the entrance of Raohe NM got one stall that sell this erm "char siew bun", very nice....

Not like that lah. I dont want to give others info when I have not even been there yet. Must 101% confirm then give intel mah.

Like car camera, only those I had used, I will comment. Those I have not used, just [lipsrsealed]

Adrian, I might have a change in plans, departure date either one day earlier or later. Hope I need not have to change,

then again, you already know what to do, right? Airport bus is well...not difficult to spot either. [:)]

Apologies to TS for hijacking this thread a bit.

Any bro can advise if there are good 温泉hotel or 民宿 for kids under 5 near Taipei that can easily take public transport bus or train?

Last time I brought my kids to YiLan with tour group and they loved it but this trip is F&E so traveling could be a problem.

Tried reading their websites but really confusing info.

Plan to go in May so weather should not be too hot?

Thanks in advance.

Any bro can advise if there are good 温泉hotel or 民宿 for kids under 5 near Taipei that can easily take public transport bus or train?

Last time I brought my kids to YiLan with tour group and they loved it but this trip is F&E so traveling could be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

When you going? If you can wait, when I return, and I have the time during my stay there, I get you some brochures for you to call and choose from.

Adrian, I might have a change in plans, departure date either one day earlier or later. Hope I need not have to change,

then again, you already know what to do, right? Airport bus is well...not difficult to spot either. [:)]

Noted.

This blog by a malasian is very informative and interesting abt Taiwan :

http://jy-s.com/2009/07/30/wufenpu-raohe-s...a4%9c%e5%b8%82/

When you going? If you can wait, when I return, and I have the time during my stay there, I get you some brochures for you to call and choose from.

Thanks bro but can't wait.

My wife is pushing me to book the SIA tickets on offer in May and they only have very limited dates available now.

Kind of last minute warning she gave me again so I'm rushing this weekend to read the websites and book tickets by Sunday.

She always like to do this to me. [:(]

Then, sorry, I cannot help you. Wife is damn busy with her work, and she will advise. I won't know about this places.

Thanks bro but can't wait.

My wife is pushing me to book the SIA tickets on offer in May and they only have very limited dates available now.

Kind of last minute warning she gave me again so I'm rushing this weekend to read the websites and book tickets by Sunday.

She always like to do this to me. [:(]

Then, sorry, I cannot help you. Wife is damn busy with her work, and she will advise. I won't know about this places.

Thanks and appreciated.

I'm also asking around with my friends and colleagues to see if they have been there.

Are you also bringing your family or just yourself?

Only going to Taipei?

I actually wanted to go Yilan and even as far as Hualien by train.

But after the Japan quake not sure if that's a good idea with small kids.

Thanks and appreciated.

I'm also asking around with my friends and colleagues to see if they have been there.

Are you also bringing your family or just yourself?

Only going to Taipei?

I actually wanted to go Yilan and even as far as Hualien by train.

But after the Japan quake not sure if that's a good idea with small kids.

If everything scared, life would be so meaning less. We always travel as a family.

And my kids will always remember the earthquake they experienced in Japan and Taiwan.

Pricelessly memorable. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks in advance.

Its actually very convenient with Kamalan Bus service. Check out their web site.

Kamalan Bus

From Fuxing S Road Station to Jiaosi takes about 40mins. The bus is comfortable and clean.

Once you alight at Jiaosi, there are lots of Spa Hotel all within 500m from the bus station. The railway station is just round the corner.

Fees for the open spa cost between NT180 to Nt200 per adult on weekday.

There is also a free shuttle that goes around Jiaosi to all the place of interest.

If everything scared, life would be so meaning less. We always travel as a family.

And my kids will always remember the earthquake they experienced in Japan and Taiwan.

Pricelessly memorable. [:)]

Ya I know what you are saying.

But after seeing the tsunami videos and news my wife wouldn't agree.

Better to just stick to Taipei and nearby hotsprings and farms for now. [:p]

Its actually very convenient with Kamalan Bus service. Check out their web site.

Kamalan Bus

From Fuxing S Road Station to Jiaosi takes about 40mins. The bus is comfortable and clean.

Once you alight at Jiaosi, there are lots of Spa Hotel all within 500m from the bus station. The railway station is just round the corner.

Fees for the open spa cost between NT180 to Nt200 per adult on weekday.

There is also a free shuttle that goes around Jiaosi to all the place of interest.

Wow thanks bro.

I will go study this. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement