Taiwan: Advise for Free and Easy trip to Taiwan

Adrianli

My revised itinerary :

Day 1 : SG -> Taoyuan -> Ximending -> Walk ard Ximending and Wan Nian Building

Day 2 : Daytime visit Bali, Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Infinity Hobby Shop, Wufenpu and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market

Day 4 : Daytime visit Jiufen, OAIRC Hobby Shop. Nite time visit either Shilin or Raohe nite market or Ximending

Day 5 : Ximending -> Taoyuan -> SG

Infinity Hobby

No. 141, Xinming Rd., Neihu District, 114 Taipei City

Taiwan, R.O.C.

ORIENTAL ASIA INTERNATIONAL CO LTD (OAIRC)

1F, NO 83, TZ CHIANG ROAD SECTION 3

SAN CHONG CITY TAIPEI 24158

TAIWAN R.O.C.

↡ Advertisement

My revised itinerary :

Day 1 : SG -> Taoyuan -> Ximending -> Walk ard Ximending and Wan Nian Building

Day 2 : Daytime visit Bali, Danshui and Danshui old street. Nite time visit Shilin nite market

Day 3 : Daytime visit Infinity Hobby Shop, Wufenpu and Taipei 101. Nite time visit Tung Hwa nite market

Day 4 : Daytime visit Jiufen, OAIRC Hobby Shop. Nite time visit either Shilin or Raohe nite market or Ximending

Day 5 : Ximending -> Taoyuan -> SG

Infinity Hobby

No. 141, Xinming Rd., Neihu District, 114 Taipei City

Taiwan, R.O.C.

ORIENTAL ASIA INTERNATIONAL CO LTD (OAIRC)

1F, NO 83, TZ CHIANG ROAD SECTION 3

SAN CHONG CITY TAIPEI 24158

TAIWAN R.O.C.

Ello, ah tee, the two hobby shops/factories, far leh from your planned places to depart from. Taxi no joke leh, you think Taiwan like Singapore,

suka suka MRT taxi chow chow no more then $20+ ah? Neihu and San Cheong, you go see map. I no need see also know.

Neutral Newbie

hi all. i got a question..how do i get to jiu fen and hualian from taipei? last time i went there last oct for a 8day tour.. the typhoon just hit hualian side.. so itinerary skipped that part.. i am going again in may this yr. any help? thks.

hi all. i got a question..how do i get to jiu fen and hualian from taipei? last time i went there last oct for a 8day tour.. the typhoon just hit hualian side.. so itinerary skipped that part.. i am going again in may this yr. any help? thks.

for Jiufen, can take the local bus from Taipei main station if you stay near there.

I took TRA to Hualian. Kinda like our SIN-MY train with assigned seats. Can buy the tickets at the train station on the day travelling but if you are going on Sat advised you buy the tickets 1 day earlier to avoid sold out. I kana once when going from Tai Chung and Tao Yuan. Lucky the counter staff told me still got standing ticket. Same price but machiam like refugees, see got empty seats just take first. [laugh]

Alternatively you can take those Guoguang bus too...but journey longer and bumpier. taxi not advisable coz is [knife]

Ello, ah tee, the two hobby shops/factories, far leh from your planned places to depart from. Taxi no joke leh, you think Taiwan like Singapore,

suka suka MRT taxi chow chow no more then $20+ ah? Neihu and San Cheong, you go see map. I no need see also know.

Ah chek, no worries. I have them planned out already. All way points has been identified and stored in my Nokia N8 Ovi map. Navigation is a piece of cake.

If you notice my Day 3 is all ard the same area. Look at the google map.

post-2654-1300840094_thumb.jpg

And there are two hobby shops in San Chong City I will visit. Will take MRT to Ming Quan and then take cab. Then will walk to the other hobby shop. They are only 1km apart. I have been there virtually(thru google street view) and been there actually during my last trip. I took a cab from Beitou MRT to there and then cab from there to Shilin nite market. It was ard abt NT$200 one way. See google map :

post-2654-1300840396_thumb.jpg

I have not gotten there yet. Let me go first then I reconfirm the info given to me is correct. I plan to take a bus there and the MRT back. As the bus route is scenic but MRT route is faster.

Neutral Newbie

for Jiufen, can take the local bus from Taipei main station if you stay near there.

I took TRA to Hualian. Kinda like our SIN-MY train with assigned seats. Can buy the tickets at the train station on the day travelling but if you are going on Sat advised you buy the tickets 1 day earlier to avoid sold out. I kana once when going from Tai Chung and Tao Yuan. Lucky the counter staff told me still got standing ticket. Same price but machiam like refugees, see got empty seats just take first. [laugh]

Alternatively you can take those Guoguang bus too...but journey longer and bumpier. taxi not advisable coz is [knife]

ok. the train tickets can be bought at the taiwan main station there rite? ok.. will go n find there.. last year the area got hit.. my wife wana go n c the taoroko gourge(i duno spell correct anot). thks all...

Neutral Newbie

I have not gotten there yet. Let me go first then I reconfirm the info given to me is correct. I plan to take a bus there and the MRT back. As the bus route is scenic but MRT route is faster.

ok bro.. pls update when u have returned.. thks.

I not that old hor. [laugh] Good, what I meant was time spent, specially 101. Never mind, you happy can liow, I just add my recce report on the day and you can choose to follow and amend or go as planned.

Ah chek, no worries. I have them planned out already. All way points has been identified and stored in my Nokia N8 Ovi map. Navigation is a piece of cake.

If you notice my Day 3 is all ard the same area. Look at the google map.

And there are two hobby shops in San Chong City I will visit. Will take MRT to Ming Quan and then take cab. Then will walk to the other hobby shop. They are only 1km apart. I have been there virtually(thru google street view) and been there actually during my last trip. I took a cab from Beitou MRT to there and then cab from there to Shilin nite market. It was ard abt NT$200 one way. See google map :

Kns, my info got sala before on MCF meh? <_<

Sala is you go sala directions hor. Airport you sure kana one. -_-

Follow my instructions to the dot, can't fark up one, soldier!!

I not that old hor. [laugh] Good, what I meant was time spent, specially 101. Never mind, you happy can liow, I just add my recce report on the day and you can choose to follow and amend or go as planned.

Actually, we will not be going inside 101, just walk pass it. We will be walking from Wu Fen Pu to Tung Hwa nite market. Along the main road, we will passby 101. My wife say she also dont want to go inside as we been there b4 and nothing much to see except brand name shops.

Kns, my info got sala before on MCF meh? <_<

Sala is you go sala directions hor. Airport you sure kana one. -_-

Follow my instructions to the dot, can't fark up one, soldier!!

Not like that lah. I dont want to give others info when I have not even been there yet. Must 101% confirm then give intel mah.

Like car camera, only those I had used, I will comment. Those I have not used, just [lipsrsealed]

Computer - Guang Hua Digital Plaza equal to Singapore's sim lim square

Thks. Will definately make trip there to look see look see.

You can go to 九份.

九份 Wiki

The place has good food, seriously.\

Nice and cooling.

Thks. Bro MO has given me info to visit that place and it is one of the places we'll be visiting.

I will tell you more on that day, some details, so take notes. My instructions choon one lah. Yeah, but you can give the most best stuff, user cockup also blame equipment. [laugh] [laugh]

Not like that lah. I dont want to give others info when I have not even been there yet. Must 101% confirm then give intel mah.

Like car camera, only those I had used, I will comment. Those I have not used, just [lipsrsealed]

Good, I have an idea for you to consider. Speak with you next week when we meet. -_-

Actually, we will not be going inside 101, just walk pass it. We will be walking from Wu Fen Pu to Tung Hwa nite market. Along the main road, we will passby 101. My wife say she also dont want to go inside as we been there b4 and nothing much to see except brand name shops.

↡ Advertisement