Easily Removable Sub and Amp

Huffy

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, was thinking of adding some oomph to my car's audio by changing my front components and adding a sub and an amp.

I was wondering if I am able to install the sub and amp in an easily removable position as I bring my car to the track once in awhile.

or will it be better that I use an active sub?

↡ Advertisement

I guess the sub is the heavy one. Just install and connect all items to the boot. tell your installer about your requirement of taking out so that he can give more allowance on the wire connection. But long term unplugging in and out may loosen the connection. take note not to short your loose wire when you take out. Active sub is a good option but quality of bass is usually not as good as separate.

Neutral Newbie

want to track? dun install ICE. saves weight and better for your performance

thank u for your kind advise but i know that. Anyway, I'm not going to install any fancy ice setups.

But i thought of getting an active sub so I can be more entertained with boomboomboom music on a day to day basis. Can those under seat subs be removed easily?

If I were in your shoe.

I will get a proper subwoofer box and install the amplifier on the box itself. SLT a lot. I will not go for those weak underseat woofer.

The secret is the ease of removing the power cables.

Meaning that, there will be a power line to the subwoofer, and a signal line to the subwoofer.

There is no danger in plugging and removing the signal line as it's a RCA cable. There will not be danger of short circuit.

For the power line, get a heavy duty male/female cable plug, it will facilitate easy plugging and unplugging of the power to the subwoofer amplifier. The cable plug will prevent shorting of the power line should it accidentally touch metallic body.

During race day, just unplug the cables,and remove the entire subwoofer box from the boot.

↡ Advertisement