KSL City shopping mall in JB

Zxcvb

oh i see... ok ok... i will bear in mind...

[laugh] [laugh]

but the variety seem lesser hor... and the vege etc dun seem as fresh

then how come tesco like always so empty and jusco so crowded?

Tesco is only for Vegetables, IMHO. For variety, Jusco is still a better option hence the crowd.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Tesco is only for Vegetables, IMHO. For variety, Jusco is still a better option hence the crowd.

Regards,

ok ok... thanks!

but the jusco vege seem fresher leh

the ones in tesco looks a little wilted... maybe the higher turnover at jusco = fresher produce? [laugh]

Jusco and Tesco, which one is cheaper? [:/]

IMHO, vegetables and fruits are cheaper in Tesco, generally speaking. But quality may not be as good as Jusco. I don't shop in Tesco. Windscreen kena smashed once in Tebrau Tesco so I have reservation about going there [laugh].

Regards,

to answer 13177...tesco is cheaper.

to little prince...tesco is less crowded i tink bcos of the other shops available. jusco normally hv better shops n eateries. more variety for shopping. tesco has lesser n generally smaller than jusco. for me, wat i get in tesco is adequate. anyway i dont buy fresh produce from jb. veges n meats i get fm spore.

normally i will buy up to 500-600RM worth of groceries. hehe.

Neutral Newbie

They should at lease explain the rationale of not allowing Bak Kwa from JB? Not safe for consuming? So can bring back made in batam bak kwa is it? Anyway, Singaporean are happily consuming them across the brige if not bringing them back to consume. What is the big deal about food safety [laugh] .

Regards,

http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravellers/BringFood

all explained here... i quote

"Travellers must be aware of the risks associated with consuming such food items, which have not undergone checks by AVA"

Pork

Approved sources: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, USA

ergo, Indonesia not on the list

food safety - try asking those who kana food poisoning when travelling overseas or those parents whose babies who drunk melamine milk powder (no intention to cause further distress to them)

but tebrau is quite a distance away... and the peak hr traffic is quite bad..

Yep, depends on each preference. For groceries, I prefer Carrefour, for clothings I like The Store. Once managed to buy Hardy Aimes biz pants for about S$15 a pair during promotion! Comes with free alteration somemore! [laugh]

http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravellers/BringFood

all explained here... i quote

"Travellers must be aware of the risks associated with consuming such food items, which have not undergone checks by AVA"

Pork

Approved sources: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, USA

ergo, Indonesia not on the list

food safety - try asking those who kana food poisoning when travelling overseas or those parents whose babies who drunk melamine milk powder (no intention to cause further distress to them)

Like that call "explanation" har [laugh]. How come we are eating Indonesian pork? Then the next question is why test has not been done by AVA since Malaysia is just next door? Where is the efficiency?

Regards,

Tesco use Maybank credit card another 5%

Really aa.... But I suppose, it's MY Maybank card hor?

Anyway, we don't go to MY to buy fresh stuff like vege and meat. These things best buy from SG as mostly best grade from MY all goes to SG for better price. No doubt, will be more ex compared to MY. We mainly go and buy toiletries stuff, dishwasher, condiments, a little cooking oil (if cheaper), some processed food. Oh, one thing... Does anyone who go to Tesco buy their packed nasi lemak? Their 89 cents nasi lemak is quite nice. Sometimes, it can be all gone the moment it's out.

Anyway, we don't go to MY to buy fresh stuff like vege and meat. These things best buy from SG as mostly best grade from MY all goes to SG for better price. No doubt, will be more ex compared to MY. We mainly go and buy toiletries stuff, dishwasher, condiments, a little cooking oil (if cheaper), some processed food. Oh, one thing... Does anyone who go to Tesco buy their packed nasi lemak? Their 89 cents nasi lemak is quite nice. Sometimes, it can be all gone the moment it's out.

SG maybank

IMHO, vegetables and fruits are cheaper in Tesco, generally speaking. But quality may not be as good as Jusco. I don't shop in Tesco. Windscreen kena smashed once in Tebrau Tesco so I have reservation about going there [laugh].

Regards,

Your windscreen kena smashed! :o U left valuable things visable? [:/]

some pics for bros here who hv not been to KSL yet.... i had a meal at Kim Gary... in RM$ so not much complains and service was good... [:)]

post-59875-1296266927_thumb.jpgpost-59875-1296266936_thumb.jpgpost-59875-1296266950_thumb.jpgpost-59875-1296266963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken4555

Your windscreen kena smashed! :o U left valuable things visable? [:/]

[laugh] You didn't read the sticker thread about handling smashed windscreen in JB har?

My case is a joke. I left a plastic bag containing 2 water bottles at reat seat and that guy smashed my windows and took it away [laugh]. So this has given me the kind of impression on Tesco's shopper type.

Regards,

haa me sapu everything they have there, including vegetables. Just bought 6kg of fresh chiku and went home made the delicious chiku chips. Only around RM1.35per kg. Yum yum... [:p]

I also buy the chye sim look alike green veggie too, coz my mom in law says SG is more ex, as well as chilli, garlic, radish, cabbage etc etc, coz sometimes when the timing is right the veggie selling would be from Cameron Highlands which is better taste than China wan leh.

Oh ya the nasi lemak I always dabao a few bags go back, coz I think is the chiili in the rice that is attracting us. [laugh] I also buy the fried chicken too, as well as the Kopi Roti freshly baked from the oven. But I notice something that their prices change every week, sometimes, is RM1, next week RM1.43, another week RM1.26 etc...haha.

Btw bros, do stock up the Anglia drinks especially original and grape flavour, very nice! Is something like our Jolly Shandy but nicer IMO. Alredy bought 3 cartons back. [:p]

They should at lease explain the rationale of not allowing Bak Kwa from JB? Not safe for consuming? So can bring back made in batam bak kwa is it? Anyway, Singaporean are happily consuming them across the brige if not bringing them back to consume. What is the big deal about food safety [laugh] .

Regards,

Tha ban on malaysian pork started during the Nipah virus outbreak in Malaysia. I believe some workers in Singapore abattoir either died or seriouly ill. After this, importer get their pork from other sources and has been status quo.

My guess on why till now the ban is not lifted is the importer are comfortable maintaining status quo by getting their pork from australia and no one is interested to source and submit malaysia pork to AVA for testing. Hence til now ban is not lifted. So if we want the banned to lifted, someone needs to regularly submit malaysia pork samples for testing.

↡ Advertisement