SKODA prices so attractive ? ?

Safetyfirst

Last year when i was deciding on my car...

I compared VW Polo/Golf vs Skoda.

Same engine, but Skoda is MUCH more expensive compared to VW.

Skoda exterior and interior are way behind VW, yet want to command higher premiums.

I was about to buy the Polo sport at $81,000 in June 2010. On that day I was going to place my bookings with VW....I went over to Kah to politely tell my SE that I am getting the Polo instead..........

In the end, my very desperate Honda SE, made me a good offer of $72,000 + Free one year insurance + Free one year road tax + Five years warranty + Mugen 15" sport rim + Garmin GPS + Solar film + Reverse sensor + Free retain old number plate + Free carpet + Free shelf parcel.........the rest is history...and I am a happy Jazz owner now.

Anyway....Skoda......Good luck in 2011.

if skoda had a better agent, they could be fighting the japanese now.

in europe, skoda has a very good image of being cheap and reliable.

Thats true....all other conti cars are laughing to the bank in 2010, and most likely in 2011 too.

BMW, Audi, VW and Mercs are enJOYing their increased sales.

How many cars did Skoda sell in 2010?

Pricing is everything in Singapore if the car image in poor!

I remember there was a report 2-3years ago, about one Taxi company regretting getting the Skoda Taxi.

Breaks down too easily and parts not available, causing high downtimes!

Edited by SimonTan

if skoda had a better agent, they could be fighting the japanese now.

in europe, skoda has a very good image of being cheap and reliable.

I honestly dont know how come Skoda is not that famous here in Singapore. It is like , getting VW technology at a cheaper price..

Skoda principal should learn from VAG.

What they did was takeaway distributorship from the local agents and market it themselves.

In the end VW sales shoot through the roof, something the previous distributor could not do even after holding the concession for ages.

Skoda fans should do themselves a favuor by writing to Czech-Skoda and demand a change in distribution. Please cite what VAG has done here.

Skoda exterior and interior are way behind VW, yet want to command higher premiums.

I'm driving the Superb....and I don't quite agree with you on that point....

Do a readup on the vagsg forum....VW quality is not way in front of Skoda as you suggest....in fact....ask anybody who has driven a VW and a Skoda before....see if they will say that VW's quality is way ahead of Skoda....

But I'll concede that the point you were probably trying to make is that the VW interior looks nicer in terms of design as compared to Skoda....even so the interiors of cars like the Yeti and Superb are at least on par with cars like the Jetta, Golf and Tiguan.....I'll admit I like Passat's interior better though [laugh]

What about the features provided? A Superb is fully loaded with features like bluetooth, voice control, the same integrated GPS and DVD system as the RNS510 on the VWs (only the VWs bought in the later part of 2010 come with this by the way....for most VWs bought in 2009 or earlier, it is an additional $4.5k option), automated parallel parking system, twin boot system, adaptive headlight system.....etc etc

About the only thing that Skoda has got against it is the badge......and in some cases the current AD.....look past that and you'll be hard pressed to find anything bad about the car....

But I'll have to say the design of the new Fabia kinda sucks though [laugh]

Skoda principal should learn from VAG.

What they did was takeaway distributorship from the local agents and market it themselves.

In the end VW sales shoot through the roof, something the previous distributor could not do even after holding the concession for ages.

Skoda fans should do themselves a favuor by writing to Czech-Skoda and demand a change in distribution. Please cite what VAG has done here.

I wish this too [laugh]

I honestly dont know how come Skoda is not that famous here in Singapore. It is like , getting VW technology at a cheaper price..

Simple....its the BADGE....

Singaporeans (a large majority) are badge whores.....heck i'd admit I am probably one too....and most will find it difficult to fork out a large sum of money for something which they cannot show off to others in [:p]

As an ex skoda owner, my first and the last. Was the happiest man on earth the day the dealer drove my skoda away. All I can say is the pricing doesn't justify for its image and quality. Reliability sucks. Not just for me but I know of many other skoda owners too. Spend more time at the workshop than driving it and the repair parts costs is sometimes more than the monthly installment!! [laugh]

I remember there was a report 2-3years ago, about one Taxi company regretting getting the Skoda Taxi.

You're right. One Premier Cab driver once told me the company suffered huge losses on the maintenance and spare parts cost on their fleet of Skoda SPBs. Which is why all changing to Kia or Hyundai.

As an ex skoda owner, my first and the last. Was the happiest man on earth the day the dealer drove my skoda away. All I can say is the pricing doesn't justify for its image and quality. Reliability sucks. Not just for me but I know of many other skoda owners too. Spend more time at the workshop than driving it and the repair parts costs is sometimes more than the monthly installment!! [laugh]

I would say that is probably due to the AD....so far my experience over the past 2 yrs with my Superb has been....erm.....superb [laugh]

Edited by Speeddemon

In skoda, only superb is good for its price. The rest is over price even for VRS. However, unless one want to get a octavia combi, if not, a jetta is better and cheaper.

In skoda, only superb is good for its price. The rest is over price even for VRS. However, unless one want to get a octavia combi, if not, a jetta is better and cheaper.

The Superb is good [laugh] [laugh]

Thats true....all other conti cars are laughing to the bank in 2010, and most likely in 2011 too.

BMW, Audi, VW and Mercs are enJOYing their increased sales.

How many cars did Skoda sell in 2010?

Pricing is everything in Singapore if the car image in poor!

I got smoke by a skoda taxi this early morning [:(] My IS250 is underpower!!!!!!!!!

↡ Advertisement