Ignition coil

Sstar

It is this type of mentality tat keeps aftermarket workshops going and also the economy. keep it up.

for me, i will just keep it stock.

[laugh]

I rather spread it out than leave it to one big organisation.

Stock = MIT, MIC

AFM = MIJ, MIC, MIT

Stock near to double of AFM performance types.

Just on cost to quality ratio and country of orgin, I would choose AFM over paying for an item which costs $30-50 to make and with a 400% to 750% mark up for the AD distribution line.

↡ Advertisement

if the coils fail, the car will judder and the engine shd cut off to prevent further damage. it happened to my wowo when 1 coil failed. it was just out of warranty but AD changed all 4 coils FOC. towing was also FOC. i just had to pay for the plugs <phew>. :-)

Neutral Newbie

you dun need electric system to fail together

I had 2 out of 6 coil down before. and yes just the coil damage, change all sparks and coil, engine as good as before

At that time, your car still under warranty?

Went to Autosaver today and they changed my coil + spark plug. Total cost is coil(4x $220) + plug(4x $400). Is this price reasonable for a nissan latio? [:/]

Edited by Chandonald2002

Went to Autosaver today and they changed my coil + spark plug. Total cost is coil(4x $220) + plug(4x $400). Is this price reasonable for a nissan latio? [:/]

very expensive.

Any reliable workshop to reco? Want to try next time.

Sorry typo . Coil is 4x $220 + spark plug 4x $50.

spark plug is what type? normal copper or iradium? how much they charge for labour?

What spark plug is that? $50 per pcs?

someone mentioned before that due to location of the sparkies in Latio, it is quite difficult to access. But, at this price, hmmmmmmmmmm [bigcry]

Edited by Kangadrool

obviously you kena carrot if you were to accept this kind of price. spark plugs so expensive meh? normal ones i dont recall to be that expensive. what spark plugs do they supply to you?

Edited by MkMan

Already changed - nothing to ask. Since TCM quoted 800+ why go autosaver?

Edited by Dumb

what is the labour charge and what is the item charge. sometimes these ppl just quote total cost and markup as a whole. should ask for the labour charge first...even at Autobac they list the labour charge up front (on a huge board) and it up to u to compare the item cost....if u think their items is priced OK then go ahead.

BTW Denso iridium spark plugs only $70?? (sry forgot the cost) at Autobac for all 4 pcs. even the carrot shop also dont sell so expensive. labour is $15 i think. I changes all 4 for less than $100.

Coil for $220 per pc? Damn ex. Tot is around 125 only?

Renault coil only $75/pc if buy from stockist and, ebay about $40/pc only. Nissan coil costs so much? [crazy]

Last night, my 4 year old Latio suddenly vibrated terribly afetr move off from traffic light, scared and called Insurance company immediately to tow to to Tan Chong Motor,

today I was informed 3 out of 4 ignition coils were damaged, the last one also degrade, might not last long. For safety and balance, they requested to replace 4 coils together. total cost was 800+, [bigcry][bigcry]

Just wondering, what is the chance that 3 coils spoil at the same time? is it necessary to replace all the 4 coils?

Call stockist or do outside workshop should be at least 20% cheaper.

Very expensive, more expensive than conti ride.

I recently chk e coil pack wh cables fr 4 plugs inly abt $60 fr my optra.

Latio so much more ex. N I tot chevy parts were damm ex.

Darn heng i neber buy latio.r

↡ Advertisement