Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
100 replies to this topic | 2 praises

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

CH_CO
  • CH_CO
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone driving skoda yeti or superb? Need a review on the two models as i am considering passing my fit to my sis and changing.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone driving skoda yeti or superb? Need a review on the two models as i am considering passing my fit to my sis and changing.

Skoda Yeti is a SUV, which is very different from an executive sedan like the Superb in term of driving experience and usage. Need not to say, the price is far apart too cool.gif.

Yeti is using 1.2TSI but suprisingly responsive given its weight and the tall build. Moving off from stationery may be of slight slugguishness as compared with a Fabia. I like the roof though laugh.gif.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

superb not bad, good choice but until now no after market, which mean no one buy is it??
got try the car last 2 year like that, spacious, nice interior and features definitely better than 3 series
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

superb not bad, good choice but until now no after market, which mean no one buy is it??
got try the car last 2 year like that, spacious, nice interior and features definitely better than 3 series

It has almost all that a potential driver may need, is there still a need for after market accessories happy.gif ?

The price is around S$160K now. So thats a lot of saving if compared with a 3 series.

Regards,

Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It has almost all that a potential driver may need, is there still a need for after market accessories happy.gif ?

The price is around S$160K now. So thats a lot of saving if compared with a 3 series.

Regards,

yah the features awesome better than 5 series/E class
last time i was offered 110+k by the SE
quite interested with the car but ended with camry lol

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

Speeddemon
  • Premium member
    Speeddemon
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Depends on what you are looking for....as Kelpie has mentioned, they are two vastly different cars so cannot really compare...

If really want an opinion then I'd say this.....I'm driving the Superb now and I'm very happy with it.....but I will choose the Yeti over the Superb if I am 10 yrs younger laugh.gif

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yah the features awesome better than 5 series/E class
last time i was offered 110+k by the SE
quite interested with the car but ended with camry lol

Bro ThaiyotaKamli , you ended up with a fantastic car.. tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Speeddemon
  • Premium member
    Speeddemon
    4th Gear
    Author Image

OT abit....MCF should ban avatars like yours....causing ppl like me nose bleeds and a massive loss of blood biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

OT abit....MCF should ban avatars like yours....causing ppl like me nose bleeds and a massive loss of blood biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

hehe.. Sorry la boss.. I need to make myself happy ma.. By looking at my avatar everytime.. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro ThaiyotaKamli , you ended up with a fantastic car.. tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

lol
really ah see ur avatar hor wah piang leh my eyes auto look at that pic u know.... laugh.gif

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

lol
really ah see ur avatar hor wah piang leh my eyes auto look at that pic u know.... laugh.gif

I will always stare at the watermelon.. Damn.. sexy.. haha wub.gif

Hope my GF does not have any account here.. knife.gif

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

Zhihao
  • Premium member
    Zhihao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Top Gear's JC did a review of the Yeti last week...
you might want to check that out

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Depends on what you are looking for....as Kelpie has mentioned, they are two vastly different cars so cannot really compare...

If really want an opinion then I'd say this.....I'm driving the Superb now and I'm very happy with it.....but I will choose the Yeti over the Superb if I am 10 yrs younger laugh.gif

You made a wonderful choice thumbsup.gif. Too bad, this car is not within my budget tongue.gif.

Yeti 1.2TSI performance actually "surprised" me given the small engine that is mated with a DSG gearbox.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yeti's got a panel van look. Not very attractive. Superb's backside is ugly & cheap, didn't do justice to the car's front & performance. I feel the best lookers are the Octavia & the Superb Estate.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yeti's got a panel van look. Not very attractive. Superb's backside is ugly & cheap, didn't do justice to the car's front & performance. I feel the best lookers are the Octavia & the Superb Estate.

Aiya, why you compare a SUV with a sedan laugh.gif? They are supposedly meant for different purpose and usage. I find Yeti quite ok if compare with other mini SUVs. The main attraction is still the roof thumbsup.gif.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Ixus
  • Premium member
    Ixus
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Been driving the Superb 1.8T for more than 5 years, and still very happy with it. No major problems so far and only regular maintenance. Replacement parts are not difficult to get as they use Audi and VW parts. Safety wise, the car is quite sturdy, kenah hit from behind by other car before, only slight dent to my rear (replaced bumper) but the other car (a Jap car) was very jialat, the front caved in. Friends always comment that the doors are very heavy laugh.gif

Downside of course is the brand and low resale value. But looking at the high COE now I don't think I will be changing car soon, and the car can likely last me till end of 10 years, so the low resale value is not an issue to me, at least for now.
a.k.a. luckytan

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

CH_CO
  • CH_CO
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not intending to sell though but i think coe might come down towards mid year and 3rd quater.

As for yeti , it appealed to me coz i have not driven SUVs and wanted to give it a try.

Superb would be another sedan , more of a second choice since already owned an accord .

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Taciturn
  • Taciturn
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Not intending to sell though but i think coe might come down towards mid year and 3rd quater.

As for yeti , it appealed to me coz i have not driven SUVs and wanted to give it a try.

Superb would be another sedan , more of a second choice since already owned an accord .

Maybe you can consider Fuga Kuga if you don't mind the slightly small driver's seat and the soon to be launched Ecoboost Mondeo.

Like Skoda,Ford suffers from low resale value but their models are arguably more stylish and have sportier drive.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Maybe you can consider Fuga Kuga if you don't mind the slightly small driver's seat and the soon to be launched Ecoboost Mondeo.

Like Skoda,Ford suffers from low resale value but their models are arguably more stylish and have sportier drive.

Fuga Kuga? shocked.gif confused.gif confused.gif

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Taciturn
  • Taciturn
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Fuga Kuga? shocked.gif confused.gif confused.gif

Haha.Typo error.I meant Ford Kuga

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Reviews, Skoda, cars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users