Aftermarket pole lights and foglight

Aaronlkl

Does anyone knows if changing stock pole light & forlights to Philips 4300K legal or rather able to pass annual inspection?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Lights will never cause you to fail inspection. Your lights can fail but it will not affect your pass/fail status.

Lights will never cause you to fail inspection. Your lights can fail but it will not affect your pass/fail status.

Bro,really? u make my day man,cause i am wondering shld i change back to normal halogen and get rid of all leds? that means they will still pass u but u just haf to tell them u will remove later?

Neutral Newbie

Yes, everything pass but lights fail is still a pass. Unless something has changed :P

Edited by Sabe

that means white headlights also pass?

No problems for pole and head..Go white for pole to play safe...head don't above 4.3k ....Crystal vision ok, but not dimond 5000k

how about HIDs? do u know wats the legal limit?

how about HIDs? do u know wats the legal limit?

If i m not wrong,it is still 4300k limit,but from that bro says,though fails but still can pass overall cause only lights mah,wonder is it how he means? :)

Neutral Newbie

that means white headlights also pass?

Yes, your headlights will get a fail but you can still get overall pass provided the important ones are passed like window tinting, emissions, etc.

Basically headlights is a non vital component.

Depends, Does ur car comes with factory fitted HID? If yes, LTA only allow stock 4.3k HID..But i find 6k daylight white quite nice. If ur car comes with halogen, den it is a no no to convert to HID

Depends, Does ur car comes with factory fitted HID? If yes, LTA only allow stock 4.3k HID..But i find 6k daylight white quite nice. If ur car comes with halogen, den it is a no no to convert to HID

So if ur ride is not fitted with factory HID,and u change to aftermarket HID 6000k headlight, will u fail or pass overrall?

So if ur ride is not fitted with factory HID,and u change to aftermarket HID 6000k headlight, will u fail or pass overrall?

I think you will pass overall but not the lights. Better don't risk. Btw if ur car does not comes with projector, i urge u not to install as it will cause unnecessary glare to other road user.

↡ Advertisement