Bad Cough! Bad Cough!

Yagami85

Doctor told me if i have phlegm, must spilt it out in order to recover! But i simply dun know how to get the phlegm out? Really makes me stress!

My problem is too much muscus. Keep splitting out but it keep producing.

Hi Guys, my cough has gotten better, ironically after yesterday's soccer session. Has not coughed at all from last night, and no urge to cough either. As mentioned previously, I will kena the "100-day cough" religiously, sometimes it goes away after 1 week, sometimes 1 month, and sometimes 100 days.

This year, it started after CNY, and I have visited the doc twice. After the 2nd time, I just left it alone. During this period, no exercise or physical exertions. Then yesterday evening, seeing the weather is nice just after the downpour, I decided to have my regular footsal game. Was out of breath for the 1st half hour, and then gradually got better. Heavy breathing during the game also helps me to expel the phlegm more naturally and easily.

Hopefully it's gone for good. Personally I feel that too much rest may not be too good. Like sometimes when the doc ask me stay in bed, I feel more sick after this. Glad I decided to go out and had a run yesterday. I believe exercise will build up the body's immunity.

Just sharing my experience, what works for me may not be for you. Better consult your own physician.

Hi Guys, my cough has gotten better, ironically after yesterday's soccer session. Has not coughed at all from last night, and no urge to cough either. As mentioned previously, I will kena the "100-day cough" religiously, sometimes it goes away after 1 week, sometimes 1 month, and sometimes 100 days.

This year, it started after CNY, and I have visited the doc twice. After the 2nd time, I just left it alone. During this period, no exercise or physical exertions. Then yesterday evening, seeing the weather is nice just after the downpour, I decided to have my regular footsal game. Was out of breath for the 1st half hour, and then gradually got better. Heavy breathing during the game also helps me to expel the phlegm more naturally and easily.

Hopefully it's gone for good. Personally I feel that too much rest may not be too good. Like sometimes when the doc ask me stay in bed, I feel more sick after this. Glad I decided to go out and had a run yesterday. I believe exercise will build up the body's immunity.

Just sharing my experience, what works for me may not be for you. Better consult your own physician.

As I mentioned before in this thread. Exercise is the only remedy that works for me. I have not had my 100 days cough for more than 5 years since I began running. Exercise (especially those with high intensity) basically help to built a strong respiratory system. I don't easily get mucus or phlegm anymore, from dust or particles.

True this. Which is why my customary 100-day coughs always happen right after festive periods, after a few weeks of feasting and inactivity.

100 days cough sounds so scary! You need to suffer for 100 days from your cough!

Think when you have cough or throat unwell, the food we eat should affect the recovery of the cough. Even some people say cannot eat 'cooling' type of fruits like banana, water melon, orange or even rock melon. But don't know how true is this?

Looks like since CNY last week, many people around are having cough. Even myself also kana, been coughing every night when sleeping for many days, even after seeing doctor and taking med still coughing. Seems like it is a long battle with the cough again.  [:(]

Looks like since CNY last week, many people around are having cough. Even myself also kana, been coughing every night when sleeping for many days, even after seeing doctor and taking med still coughing. Seems like it is a long battle with the cough again. [:(]

too much cny goodies?

Looks like since CNY last week, many people around are having cough. Even myself also kana, been coughing every night when sleeping for many days, even after seeing doctor and taking med still coughing. Seems like it is a long battle with the cough again. [:(]

Once weather becomes hot, many people get sick easily.

Now CNY period too. Many people eat those CNY goodies.

seem it is quite common. i am jsut recovering from cough i started just before cny. a couple years back, it was a 100 days cough.

Why and how to prevent I also dont know. but it always happen toward the cooler weather. Nov to Jan period. so, keeping warm maybe the answer for those with such issue. twice i got it when on holiday and temp was around 18 C.very comfortable but next time i will make sure I am overly protected

If you work in an office setting with lots of colleagues, then if one person gets the cough and he/she continues working, the germs can be spread around to other colleagues. Then if work is stressful - which it usually is nowadays - then it is lagi easier to spread.

Many years ago when i was in ICT just before final year univ, the bunks were terrible. We had double beds put side by side, which means 4 pax being really close to one another. And it rained a lot during our ICT, and many fell sick and coughed. Somehow I managed to siam it during the ICT but symptoms started developing a couple of weeks after that, when i started classes and stayed in the hall. Went to 2-3 different GPs and a TCM, but still didn't recover. 

In the end, i skipped classes and went home to lie on sofa for (most of the) 3 days, while watching Ben Johnson won (later stripped of) the olympic gold.

With the rest, the cough went away.

too much cny goodies?

Sad part is i didnt eat any.  [:(]

If you work in an office setting with lots of colleagues, then if one person gets the cough and he/she continues working, the germs can be spread around to other colleagues. Then if work is stressful - which it usually is nowadays - then it is lagi easier to spread.

Many years ago when i was in ICT just before final year univ, the bunks were terrible. We had double beds put side by side, which means 4 pax being really close to one another. And it rained a lot during our ICT, and many fell sick and coughed. Somehow I managed to siam it during the ICT but symptoms started developing a couple of weeks after that, when i started classes and stayed in the hall. Went to 2-3 different GPs and a TCM, but still didn't recover. 

In the end, i skipped classes and went home to lie on sofa for (most of the) 3 days, while watching Ben Johnson won (later stripped of) the olympic gold.

With the rest, the cough went away.

Back in army days and even during ICT days, no matter how terrible the bunks were, cannot fall sick one de. But now like you said, in office when some colleagues are sick or coughing, i will surely kana de.  [:(]

seem it is quite common. i am jsut recovering from cough i started just before cny. a couple years back, it was a 100 days cough.

Why and how to prevent I also dont know. but it always happen toward the cooler weather. Nov to Jan period. so, keeping warm maybe the answer for those with such issue. twice i got it when on holiday and temp was around 18 C.very comfortable but next time i will make sure I am overly protected

Good for you, can recover the cough fast. Looks like it might be a 100 days cough for me this time! I think no way to prevent cough de, since i am already very careful on my diet and yet still kana. It could be true when weather is cooler, easier to get cough?! Since i seems to cough a lot during the night and when i am sleeping, daytime still not so bad.

I think your cough is from nasal backflow.....

ok, doctor did prescrbed asthma inhaler and it is very effective. i tried not to use because i dont want to end up dependent on it. old folks remendy, appply something hot on your soles. Vic cream and wear socks to bed. try it. 

Back in army days and even during ICT days, no matter how terrible the bunks were, cannot fall sick one de. But now like you said, in office when some colleagues are sick or coughing, i will surely kana de.  [:(]

That particular ICT was exceptional. Quite inhumane condition lor. Squeezed i think the whole company into that small bunk, almost no space to walk... Then the bad weather caused people to fall sick, and one person coughed, like the whole section will be within range of the germs...  [sweatdrop]  Unless wear the chemical warfare mask, i think quite difficult to escape unaffected...

I think the next ICT after that moved to new camp already, then we were i think 4 to a bunk. What a world of difference...