Bad Cough! Bad Cough!

Yagami85

I think your cough is from nasal backflow.....

Maybe. But esp at night my throat would start to feel itchy and then keeps coughing, sometimes feel like dry cough but sometimes have a bit of phlegm while i cough. Now my throat feels painful due to excessive coughing.  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Maybe. But esp at night my throat would start to feel itchy and then keeps coughing, sometimes feel like dry cough but sometimes have a bit of phlegm while i cough. Now my throat feels painful due to excessive coughing. [sweatdrop]

I have a similar problem also. The nose mucus drips from the back onto the throat and creates irritation...

Good for you, can recover the cough fast. Looks like it might be a 100 days cough for me this time! I think no way to prevent cough de, since i am already very careful on my diet and yet still kana. It could be true when weather is cooler, easier to get cough?! Since i seems to cough a lot during the night and when i am sleeping, daytime still not so bad.

Actually is the weather becomes hotter, more people gets sick. This phenomenon starts around end Jan when the weather stops raining and become hotter.
  • Praise 1

Maybe. But esp at night my throat would start to feel itchy and then keeps coughing, sometimes feel like dry cough but sometimes have a bit of phlegm while i cough. Now my throat feels painful due to excessive coughing.  [sweatdrop]

Similar cough for me before CNY.. Coughed for weeks and didnt recover.. Finally recovered 3 days before 除夕。Some of the things I tried to do to help reduce/prevent worsening the condition is: 1) Clean aircon, cos worried might be due to bacteria growing in the Fan coil, 2) self medicate dextromethorphan which proves useless, 3) tried TCM as well and seems to get better but not quick enough. After long medication of 2 weeks then start to cough less and recover finally. 

I dun get cough easily cos I dun on aircon at home, office I set at 25 deg low speed n blow away from me.

When I start to have cough, just take cough syrup on daytime and panadol cough n cold pill at night, rub vicks on chest and paste salonpas on the throat area. Usually won't last more than 3 days.

Similar cough for me before CNY.. Coughed for weeks and didnt recover.. Finally recovered 3 days before 除夕。Some of the things I tried to do to help reduce/prevent worsening the condition is: 1) Clean aircon, cos worried might be due to bacteria growing in the Fan coil, 2) self medicate dextromethorphan which proves useless, 3) tried TCM as well and seems to get better but not quick enough. After long medication of 2 weeks then start to cough less and recover finally. 

So what med you took and recover finally? Since you said self medicate proves useless and TCM not quick enough?

So what med you took and recover finally? Since you said self medicate proves useless and TCM not quick enough?

Its the TCM i guess.. just that the process is slow and took me 2 weeks to recover. I might be wrong not to seek doctor's help though. They might have prescribed antibiotics which might help. But I'm a person who is quite reluctant to take antibiotics unless really necessary. So I turned to TCM and was back to original again.

Its the TCM i guess.. just that the process is slow and took me 2 weeks to recover. I might be wrong not to seek doctor's help though. They might have prescribed antibiotics which might help. But I'm a person who is quite reluctant to take antibiotics unless really necessary. So I turned to TCM and was back to original again.

Actually if cough without sore throat, think no need to take antibiotics cause heard antibiotics doesnt work on all cough. TCM should help but indeed take a longer time to recover. Now i also taking TCM and almost finished one bottle of the cough syrup but cough still not yet recover?!   [sweatdrop]

Actually if cough without sore throat, think no need to take antibiotics cause heard antibiotics doesnt work on all cough. TCM should help but indeed take a longer time to recover. Now i also taking TCM and almost finished one bottle of the cough syrup but cough still not yet recover?!   [sweatdrop]

I coughed until no voice type. Drink water throat also pain that kind. I took about 6 bottles in all leh.. First bottle had no effect on me previously. Try to keep you neck warm at night when you sleep. Wear some turtleneck tops if you have. It helped minimise the recurrence of the dry and itchy cough for me. Don't know if it helps for you.

It's probably viral. So no point taking antibiotics.

I found something from Ikea (of all places), they sell bottles of elderflower.

You might want to try it. Just add water to the sweet cordial, it may help with the persistent cough.

everything about @mustank must be linked to pp meh... :XD:

Of course not. Sometimes it links to bb - bong bong

Not I say one...I think it was tian...cough...mo...cough...

• Praise 1

Yalor yalor in between pps, where got think about pp one

Already so tried already :XD:

Of course not. Sometimes it links to bb - bong bong

Not I say one...I think it was tian...cough...mo...cough...

:XD:

I coughed until no voice type. Drink water throat also pain that kind. I took about 6 bottles in all leh.. First bottle had no effect on me previously. Try to keep you neck warm at night when you sleep. Wear some turtleneck tops if you have. It helped minimise the recurrence of the dry and itchy cough for me. Don't know if it helps for you.

Last time I drink the polyclinic doctor give me the pink colour damn no good to drink one

Donna what promethazine or what

Woah! Drink with no water, coat the throat with the medicine

Wah the taste not nice one

But endure

Less than one bottle settle

↡ Advertisement