Vios (NCP42) problem

So_nice

bro, i was quoted 300 for engine mountings, which i have not changed. but my car vibrates quite hard nowdays, where did you changed your mountings? wanna to check it out

↡ Advertisement

What's the estimated cost for changing stock suspension for whole vehicle. Heard from mechanic cost $400+ for all. Is it cheap? My front suspension has harden after many mileage 150k+ :P

okay got it fixed. the front right absorber died. no leak but somewhat jammed. to save labour cost, i changed both the front absorbers. set me bk by $214. didnt noe stock absorbers so ex.

changed drive 2 worn shaft covers (dunno wat u call tat) and my wipers..total damage $400. plus alignment and hi-speed balancing, total bill $460. huat ah!

hi ts,

i am having a vios 06 and also having vibration sound when i shift to "D" while waiting at the traffic light

check by 2 service centre in malaysia and they say that engine mount should be ok.

i donno should i go to toyota service centre to kanna chop or not leh,i got very bad experience in the toyota service centre. 90% will chop you.

any kind soul know how to check engine mount?

change of absorber,worn shaft covers will help?

i suspect the air filter mount is shaking (the one between the engine and the battery, where u change/clean ur air filter)

any one know how to secure it and reduce the vibration.

sorry ts, to hijack ur thread. since we got the same problem, i think will be better to share in the same thread.

haha

huat ah~

post-55380-1297133264_thumb.jpg

okay got it fixed. the front right absorber died. no leak but somewhat jammed. to save labour cost, i changed both the front absorbers. set me bk by $214. didnt noe stock absorbers so ex.

changed drive 2 worn shaft covers (dunno wat u call tat) and my wipers..total damage $400. plus alignment and hi-speed balancing, total bill $460. huat ah!

the WS huat right?

hi ts,

i am having a vios 06 and also having vibration sound when i shift to "D" while waiting at the traffic light

check by 2 service centre in malaysia and they say that engine mount should be ok.

i donno should i go to toyota service centre to kanna chop or not leh,i got very bad experience in the toyota service centre. 90% will chop you.

any kind soul know how to check engine mount?

change of absorber,worn shaft covers will help?

i suspect the air filter mount is shaking (the one between the engine and the battery, where u change/clean ur air filter)

any one know how to secure it and reduce the vibration.

sorry ts, to hijack ur thread. since we got the same problem, i think will be better to share in the same thread.

haha

huat ah~

wah bro we haf the same problem leh. i also suspect the air filter mounting is shaking and it causes the noise. from my understandings, all the engine mountings are okay. i forgotten to bring up this topic to my mech.

i will visit him again soon will post here to update.

oh btw, stamford at lok yang did a good job on my alignment and hi-speed balancing. now the steering does not vibrate after 120km/h. damage for these 2 is $60. they test ur car until its working fine then handover. even got tire shine to go wif. lolx

previously when i go to hankook to change tyres, it vibrates after tat speed. went a 2nd time but not resolved. i guess they dun understand wat is hi-speed balancing.

So Nice,

glad your problem solved, I was thinking along other lines, other than engine mountings, at this type of mileage probably water pump, fan belt, and some other related items (linked to these items) may need to change also

Kenny

i had a similiar encounter but not sure if it applies to your situation

I bought a new air filter from forum and brought it to the workshop to change

after changing, i realize that whenever my car went into D and stationary, it vibrate like a lorry

Open my bonnet and found my air filter box shaking like mad! :ph34r:

Thought going to explode liao [bounce1]

Went straight back to workshop to diagnose and decided to buy another air filter from 1 of the shops there

After changing then surprising the vibration stops! [cool]

You guys can try changing the air filter.

FYI the 1 i bought from forum has a denso wording on it and looks new.

i had a similiar encounter but not sure if it applies to your situation

I bought a new air filter from forum and brought it to the workshop to change

after changing, i realize that whenever my car went into D and stationary, it vibrate like a lorry

Open my bonnet and found my air filter box shaking like mad! :ph34r:

Thought going to explode liao [bounce1]

Went straight back to workshop to diagnose and decided to buy another air filter from 1 of the shops there

After changing then surprising the vibration stops! [cool]

You guys can try changing the air filter.

FYI the 1 i bought from forum has a denso wording on it and looks new.

that is one of the most impossible thing to happen...... <_< , try putting back again and see if it vibrate.

I just got a manual 06 vios . Can any bros enlighten me why is there a squeking sound from the engine whenever i start the car ? but goes off after awhile. The sound sometimes comes & sometimes doesn't . I suspect it could be one of the belts ? am i right ? If it is , how much roughly will it cost ? I also have another problem , the steering wheel vibrates when i brake & pulls to the left when cruising . allignment problem ? sigh. Vios is still a good car i must say despite all this problems , especially the fc is great [:)] By the way, sorry for using your tread as well TS . Was hoping for some feedbacks & pricings before i head to the workshop. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

I just got a manual 06 vios . Can any bros enlighten me why is there a squeking sound from the engine whenever i start the car ? but goes off after awhile. The sound sometimes comes & sometimes doesn't . I suspect it could be one of the belts ? am i right ? If it is , how much roughly will it cost ? I also have another problem , the steering wheel vibrates when i brake & pulls to the left when cruising . allignment problem ? sigh. Vios is still a good car i must say despite all this problems , especially the fc is great [:)] By the way, sorry for using your tread as well TS . Was hoping for some feedbacks & pricings before i head to the workshop. Thanks

1) Your fan/aircon belts causing the squeak.

2) Steering wheel vibrate when you brake, is likely your front brake disc warp.

3) Crusing pulls to left likely your alignment is out.

I have the same car, i changed brake discs OEM $200++, alignment very cheap should be much less than $100, belts should not be too ex also.

1) Your fan/aircon belts causing the squeak.

2) Steering wheel vibrate when you brake, is likely your front brake disc warp.

3) Crusing pulls to left likely your alignment is out.

I have the same car, i changed brake discs OEM $200++, alignment very cheap should be much less than $100, belts should not be too ex also.

thanks, appreciate your feedback alot , gotta get those done soon i guess. Hate it when ppl stare at me whenever i start the car [:p]

change to new belt

↡ Advertisement