Malaysia: Driving into KL next week !

Alvinnoob

The very end booth of each lane is where you buy. Costs either RM 5 or 10 + the value you load. For trip to KL I would load RM100. But there are plenty of places to reload if you ringgit is limited before you cross over.

he is asking whether to buy Touch n Go card I think, not how to pay for toll fees. Not every counter on the leftmost sell the card. In fact most dont.

But u can ask and likely you will be directed to a kind of office nearby to buy it.....I suggest u top up like $200-$300 in value in yr touch n go for a hassle free drive. Should yr value run low, look for "tambah' counters at the toll stations or visit some Petronas stations to top up(service charge payable).

• Praise 1

I think the card cost starts at RM20. Dun worry just drive up, go to either the extreme left or right lane and park between pillars not obstructing other cars and go to the counters to buy. Both sides are either lane 7 or 10 if I remember correctly. There would be signs that show top up/Tambah Nilai around.

From SG to KL 1 way toll charges around RM45 from JB 1st link. Can go PLUSto check

I be gg KL too next Sat to see Raymond Lam concert in Sunway too. You go in which day? [:)]

Edited by Berncsp76
  • Praise 1

he is asking whether to buy Touch n Go card I think, not how to pay for toll fees. Not every counter on the leftmost sell the card. In fact most dont.

But u can ask and likely you will be directed to a kind of office nearby to buy it.....I suggest u top up like $200-$300 in value in yr touch n go for a hassle free drive. Should yr value run low, look for "tambah' counters at the toll stations or visit some Petronas stations to top up(service charge payable).

The last counter in every lane sells (i.e Lane A, Lane B etc etc - assuming crossing at Woodlands). Touch n go is compulsory to get over border, it is the only way to pay the border toll.

For KL return RM 100 should be enough (if go via woodlands) - to KL is less than RM40, so RM 80 return, plus a bit for the toll roads while you are running around.

The Top Up lane is "Tambah Nilai", there is one at the entrance to the NSE from JB, another at the exit in KL (Sungei Besi), and a lot of petrol stations offer, although at a service charge of 50 sen.

I think the card cost starts at RM20. Dun worry just drive up, go to either the extreme left or right lane and park between pillars not obstructing other cars and go to the counters to buy. Both sides are either lane 7 or 10 if I remember correctly. There would be signs that show top up/Tambah Nilai around.

From SG to KL 1 way toll charges around RM45 from JB 1st link. Can go PLUSto check

I be gg KL too next Sat to see Raymond Lam concert in Sunway too. You go in which day? [:)]

tks !! i should be going in 19th Wee morning man. so i park at the side, walk to the counter and buy?

The last counter in every lane sells (i.e Lane A, Lane B etc etc - assuming crossing at Woodlands). Touch n go is compulsory to get over border, it is the only way to pay the border toll.

For KL return RM 100 should be enough (if go via woodlands) - to KL is less than RM40, so RM 80 return, plus a bit for the toll roads while you are running around.

The Top Up lane is "Tambah Nilai", there is one at the entrance to the NSE from JB, another at the exit in KL (Sungei Besi), and a lot of petrol stations offer, although at a service charge of 50 sen.

Tks dude !! maybe i go in tonight to buy.

tks !! i should be going in 19th Wee morning man. so i park at the side, walk to the counter and buy?

if you using 2nd link I not too sure about the lanes that sells the card too, coz I seldom use 2nd link.

But if you go JB can drive up to the lanes I mentioned earlier, after chop passport then drive fwd a little to buy.

I gg in 1st link around 7am.

guys, looking at the map after the custom, only can head left?? then how do i head to E2 highway?

If scare lost, get GPS.

If gungho, juz drive.

No point looking at Google Map. It is not accurate especially Malaysia.

if you using 2nd link I not too sure about the lanes that sells the card too, coz I seldom use 2nd link.

But if you go JB can drive up to the lanes I mentioned earlier, after chop passport then drive fwd a little to buy.

I gg in 1st link around 7am.

tks man. i would be going by woodlands. would drive to counter 10 and buy from the officer.

guys, looking at the map after the custom, only can head left?? then how do i head to E2 highway?

don't worry, there are sign board to direct you which road to take.

For the card, stick to the 1st lane on the left at the toll after the custom where you get to buy and top up RM100 at the same time.

If scare lost, get GPS.

If gungho, juz drive.

No point looking at Google Map. It is not accurate especially Malaysia.

hahaa. i've TomTom on iPhone

don't worry, there are sign board to direct you which road to take.

For the card, stick to the 1st lane on the left at the toll after the custom where you get to buy and top up RM100 at the same time.

Thanks man

Tks dude

Not sure about Tom Tom, but do be careful of Data Charges if it is online.....

Finding the expressway is easy, just go straight out of customs, immed after the road will split left down a small viaduct, or straight ahead - go straight ahead. You will go past a Shell on the left. Go up the viaduct, at the SECOND viaduct keep left, and turn right past the mall (under the bridge). From here, there are plenty of Signposts.

Neutral Newbie

hi guys,

would be my first time driving in. pardon me but can i buy the toll card at all counters?

I drove alone to KL last month using GPS. Going to KL via NS highway is straight forward but once inside KL is another story.

GPS is a MUST in KL as the roads are very complicated so much more then in Sg and can cause you a lot of time wasted and pay unnecessary toll if

taken the wrong route as KL is very big. Be prepare to top up at least RM150 for your Touch n Go card. Have a nice trip bro.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1