What accidents you saw with your own eyes?

KARTer

If i saw this, i think my jaw would drop to the floor. Followed up with nightmares every night. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

i have driven pass traffic accident sites with pools of blood and covered bodies... in Malaysia...

i also withness a cyclist head open wound so big can see white colour... i think it was the skull... blood all over his face and t-shirt... but still conscious talking to me... (i was not involved in the accident)

i saw a fit/jazz yellow blue full spoon design, already turtle in the CTE tunnel towards amk...

i saw a rav4 already with a crumpled roof (must be turtled) facing on coming traffic on the PIE after bedok towards Tampanies..

got somemore but i just realised TS must mean seeing the accident happen infront of you...

ok i saw a startlet corner, skid and turtle at the CTE tunnel entrance at the courts there... in front of me... i was on a bike 3 cars away... it happened so unreal like it was planning to crash...

my worst accident i had was on a bike... i smashed onto an on-coming car from the opposite direction... my whole thigh was split open with parts of my bike's fairing inside my leg... my shin bone both open fracture piercing out of the skin...

↡ Advertisement

Most scary one was one I was in myself. Not as a driver but as a passenger. More than 10 years ago, my family and I was in a taxi heading home around 11pm and when approaching a red light the driver was either asleep or dreaming, didn't slow down at all and rammed right into the stationary taxi in front! I was lucky to be unhurt - the driver and passenger of the other taxi must have been unconscious for a while because they only came out 5 minutes later, when police cars arrived.

Another one, 2 years ago. Some car didn't give way to oncoming traffic going straight, made a right turn and collided with a 14 foot lorry going straight. Lorry front dented in but driver appeared unhurt because he jumped out immediately, looking damn pissed off and not scared at all! Didn't see what happened to the people in the car.

Then a few months back, in HK. This motorcyclist was going quite slow but fell right off his bike on the road. He was lucky the taxi directly behind was not going fast and braked to a stop, and I (the third vehicle behind) stopped easily as well. I think if either myself or the taxi in front were going another 10km/h faster that motorcyclist would be gone.

yup, not bluffing.... She is quite a big size teen....around 60kg range... Maybe that help to cushion the impact. And the b was the best part, after she insisted no hospital, those moron ambulance let her sign a document and left. I know it's sop but come on, the head cracked the screen and that doesnt required a futher check up?... Is should be made compulsory... I quickly park my car at home and help be the witness for the bus driver... Made a report for him but the bus driver keep kbkp... Pity him, it was a few days to xmas and he said bonus no more already....

More than 10 years ago at the junction of Havelock Road and New Bridge Road. Witness 3 Malaysian bikes crashing into the side of a car... not sure which side beat the red lights... 2 riders hit the bonnet and boot of the car, another rider flew over the car top and landed on the curb unconscious, his pillion landed on the bonnet groaning.

I still have a mental screenshot of the rider flying over the car upon impact. I made the call to report the incident immediately but never stayed to find out more about the injuries.

Another one (involving bike also) at junction of Hougang Ave 10/4, rider hit a van making a right turn and tumbled into pedestrians waiting at the traffic lights. Pillion was flung off some way off and unconscious...

Also witness a few chain collision on CTE (once I was the last car that escaped contact) but those are minor cases, don't think anyone was hurt.

I was in the back of a 5 tonner and I saw a 14 footer lorry sideswipe a JB biker on the SLE, in heavy rain, while changing lanes. The biker of course went to ground, and narrowly missed becoming minced meat of a prime mover that was just behind the 14 footer lorry. The prime mover jammed brake and skidded sideways. The biker went under the prime mover and missed all the wheels. Lucky fella.

this one happened about 5pm, the sun was setting and I was tired driving almost for the whole day in 11 years old car through a small town overseas..... when I was crossing a quiet X-junction slowing looking for a motel for the night, suddenly a black 1000cc bike with a rider in all black leather suit and boots came from the right side, hit my rear door at 80kmh or so, spun my car 360+180deg and my car ended on the other side of the road facing in the opposite direction.... the bike and rider flew over my car, airbond, then landed on the foot path 50m away.....

my other 4 passengers were shocked and only started to get out of the car 30 seconds later.... the solid oz old car was ok except the rear door suffered a big dent the size of a small umbrella and about the depth of coke bottle's length.... (but the car still managed to bring us back to where I lived - 1000km away from this small town, amazing solid-built oz car!)

everyone was ok including the bike: he was sitting on teh foot path, half dazed, first thing he said when the lcoal police arrived 15min later: "Where is my boot?" .... his left side boot was lying another 20m away on the other side of the road.....

3 months later, the police 'surmoned' me to attend court as witness (gotta take a 3 hours train from where i lived back to the small town...) ........... that guy kenna 2 weeks jail and fine, license suspended also.......... he was found drunk when the accident happened

Edited by KARTer

seen three with my own eyes...

1st was moons ago when i still in sec sch. at a traffic junction a lady crossed the road without checking clear. a CSS bus jam its brakes but the lady gt hit straight on. flung away at least 5m. funny thing was she was able stand up and refuse the bus driver's offer to call ambulance.

2nd was 4yrs back on PIE, dunno whether the motorcyclist was drunk or wwad crzay arse ram into the picanto rear fenders. manged to stop in time if not he cmf go under my car, helped him waited for e ambulance to come and bring him hospital.

3rd was just cny eve while otw to airport.. a super4 was trying to not ram into a wish arse skidded and fell right infront of my eyes. cant stop as was rushing to airport..

My encounter on 2 bike accidents, one in Spore and the other in Phuket.

Spore : Was 19 yrs old when I drove my dad van passing by Yuan Ching sec sch area, saw ambulance and police car. When drove pass the scene, saw the motor cyclist lying face up on the floor trembling.

Phuket : Last year Sep, on my way to the hotel saw a bike accident. A motor cyclist lying on the floor in a pool of blood. A thai woman cry frantically for help and hold up the man's body up and uses her bare hand to cover the back of the head..apparently, blood keep oozing out and she is trying to stop the bleeding. I can see sticky yellowish discharge running thru the woman's hands.

Pickup van uncle was pissed off at me - I have no idea why.

We were on Paya Lebar road and traffic bumper to bumper.

For some reason he kept driving beside me on the left and giving me the death stare.

Anyway he forgot about the big truck in front of him with a hanging ladder or something.

Next thing I hear was a bang as his van roof crashed into the ladder. :huh:

i have driven pass traffic accident sites with pools of blood and covered bodies... in Malaysia...

i also withness a cyclist head open wound so big can see white colour... i think it was the skull... blood all over his face and t-shirt... but still conscious talking to me... (i was not involved in the accident)

i saw a fit/jazz yellow blue full spoon design, already turtle in the CTE tunnel towards amk...

i saw a rav4 already with a crumpled roof (must be turtled) facing on coming traffic on the PIE after bedok towards Tampanies..

got somemore but i just realised TS must mean seeing the accident happen infront of you...

ok i saw a startlet corner, skid and turtle at the CTE tunnel entrance at the courts there... in front of me... i was on a bike 3 cars away... it happened so unreal like it was planning to crash...

my worst accident i had was on a bike... i smashed onto an on-coming car from the opposite direction... my whole thigh was split open with parts of my bike's fairing inside my leg... my shin bone both open fracture piercing out of the skin...

[knife] [knife]

Years ago, witness a motorcycle skidded while trying to make an illegal right turn from Whampoa Drive to Balestier road. Uncle rolled on the ground a few times before coming to a rest at the road side. Ran over to look at him, saw his mouth tear wide open and bleeding. He also had lots of cuts on his hands and legs. He was unable to speak due to the wide tear on his mouth. Ambulance and police came.

Was cycling on the left lane, a scrambler came fast and furious near a cross junction. He wanted to make a right turn. I tink he P plate. He accelerated while making the right turn. But scrambler and 500c bike have different cornering capabilities. He skidded on the turn, quickly pick up his scrambler and rode off while I was laughing at the side of the road. I tink he wana show off to me his scrambler compared to my MTB. In the end he so malu to skid and quickly pick up his bike and went off. He was in full motorcross suit. So I guess no injuries when he skidded.

Was waiting for the camp bus to bring us to camp at lakeside MRT. While waiting in the queue, a guy riding a MTB slammed striaght into the rear of the stationary camp bus. [laugh] The guy must be sleeping or dreaming as it was 7am in the morning then. The bus driver alight the bus to have a look, the cyclist quickly picked up his bicycle and rode away, his tires were dented. Many other ppl in the queue witness it. No damage to the bus rear thou.

i was along along boundary road going towards lorong chuan.

It was roughly around 1130pm-1200am? There was this WRX who was on the 2nd lane and tried to siam a camry who swerve from 1st to 2nd lane as a taxi abruptly stop beside the road to fetch passengers. FYI, Wrx wasn't speeding, just normal driving speed. From my rear mirror, i saw the WRX hit the centre divider kerb and flew into the oncoming road beside. If you drive along boundary road long enough, you will know there is a traffic light junction at serangoon ave 4. This was where it happened.

The car was literally flying! i saw the underneath of the front which means it really flipped upwards. I was alongside the camry at the next traffic light junction so i tooked down the camry's carplate no, u-turn back and check out on the WRX driver.

His car couldn't move, tyres burst and wheel axle gonecase. It was facing the oncoming traffiec but luckily there wasn't any traffic at that point of time if not i guess it would have landed on another car. Both driver and his wife was alright. He said he had to swerve, if not his wife will have been hit on the right side. I passed him the camry's carplate no. and told him to take care and went off.

Many years before the viaduct was built over Upper Serangoon Road/Bradell Road junction. I was on board a bus that stopped at the red traffic lights along Upper Serangoon Road. A Morris Minor along Bartley Road without signalling tried to beat a motocycle coming from Bradell Road. The car hestitated and stopped as the motorcycle was quite near. The motorcyclist braked hard to avoid hitting the car. The inertia flipped the motorcycle. Both motorcyclist and pillion rider fell and in dramatic perpenticular position slide along the road to the middle of the junction, on their shoulders (legs almost straight up into air). The motorcyclist got up to inspect his motorcycle, while the pillion rider went to scold the driver. Our bus moved off when the traffic light turned green.

Years later, I was passenger in a car along Lane 2 of PIE travelling behind a lorry. A motorcycle came along waving among the slow-moving traffic without signalling/lookout. As the motorcycle was behind the lorry, it served right when the lorry braked hard. The motorcycle went into the path of a pickup travelling along Lane 1 of PIE. The pickup nearside wheels went over the motorcycle and lilkely the waist of the motorcyclist before it could stop. The lorry moved on and we followed. I believe that motorcyclist hurt/killed.

About three years ago. a cyclist overtook my bicycle along Tampines Road towards Old Tampines Road, as I followed a small lorry. The lorry stopped. The cyclist stopped. I stopped. The lorry with right turn signal on, turned into Old Tampines Road. Only the followed behind the lorry, into the path of an on-coming lady-driven BMW. The car hit the cyclist on the left thigh. He rolled onto the car bonnet, then rolled onto the road when the car stopped. He got up and hopped with his right leg to his bicycle, picked it up and wanted to cycle off. I believe he could had a fractured left leg and could not do so. Someone said an ambulance was called after I crossed the road and parked my bicycle. Perhaps the cyclist had no knowledge of the Highway Code for cycling on the roads.

Pickup van uncle was pissed off at me - I have no idea why.

We were on Paya Lebar road and traffic bumper to bumper.

For some reason he kept driving beside me on the left and giving me the death stare.

Anyway he forgot about the big truck in front of him with a hanging ladder or something.

Next thing I hear was a bang as his van roof crashed into the ladder. :huh:

:D:D ...... LOL....

one time also another bike rider for nothing rode his bike very close to my side.... (maybe I overtook him before that), he also gave me death stares which I just stared back with normal look..... he then started kicking my car when both of us were slowing down for the red light in front............... he forgot there are cars in front of him and ran his bike into the bumper of a car infront.... hahahahaa

Turbocharged

Saw one last night..travelling along Yio Chu Kang Road..oncoming lorry clipped a Toyota Altis that was turning right at a junction..

bro, u happen to see a red Evo 10 crash at the juction of YCK and AMK ave 4 last evening around 7 pm? a WRX traffic police car was there too.

↡ Advertisement