FLush/Bleed Brake Fluid : Workshop and cost Lobang

Str2

Thank you bro Yeobh.

You can vacuum bleed the brake system using a hand operated vacuum gun or a one operated via compressed air.

a) Hand operated vacuum pump ( need to add in brake fluid container )

b)Photo show a simple air operated vacuum brake bleeder

c & d) Brake bleeder in operation

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I bought 2nd car, drove for 15000km. I don't feel problem with my brake, do I need to change break fluid?

If you have the time, go to shop that can carry out brake fluid tester for moisture content. If the moisture % is above the permissible suggest you get the mech to do a complete system flush.

post-272-0-90138700-1429104858_thumb.jpg

I bought 2nd car, drove for 15000km. I don't feel problem with my brake, do I need to change break fluid?

So you only want to change it when you have a problem?

:D

• Praise 1

So you only want to change it when you have a problem?

cruser  Last Seen 18 Apr 2015

I hope not due to brakes failure.

cruser  Last Seen 18 Apr 2015

I hope not due to brakes failure.

cost may also increase when the servo for the brakes is affected. I know. 2015 till now is a long time to post.

By any chance, would you know if as long as its DOT4. any brand would be the same like petrol octane right ?

brudders...aka hiadees.

these days there are a lot of pressurised brake bleeding kit on sale online and brake fluid is poured into the container, pressurized and bleeding can begin.  

Looking at some youtube videos, fluid then flows into the master brake fluid reservoir as the bleeding begins.  Question is - how does this process prevents air being drawn in from the container, into the reservoir, n then into the brake lines as fresh fluid is replaced.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Twincharged

brudders...aka hiadees.

these days there are a lot of pressurised brake bleeding kit on sale online and brake fluid is poured into the container, pressurized and bleeding can begin.

Looking at some youtube videos, fluid then flows into the master brake fluid reservoir as the bleeding begins. Question is - how does this process prevents air being drawn in from the container, into the reservoir, n then into the brake lines as fresh fluid is replaced.

Let me answer cause I diy using it before.

The pressurized external container has brake fluid and it fills up the fluid in the master reservoir as you bleed. The master reservoir is never allowed to run dry and you always have fluid covering the master cylinder.

But I swore never to use it again as sometimes the cap does not seal well over the master reservoir and brake fluid gets sprayed all over. It’s a big pain in the ass to clean up.

• Praise 1

Let's contribute :

1) Stamf Tyres = bleed by vacuum method, uses Caltex DOT4 , est $40 (Feb 2011)

2) Yap Bro = by vacuum method, uses Indemitsu DOT 4, est $45-$50 (Feb 2011).

3) Autobacs = by vacuum method, Labour $20, you have to buy their fluid, eg, Mobil DOT4 500ml $8.60

4)

Auto bacs brake oil change still valid?

Neutral Newbie

Try Auto Champion Star in JB - cheap, good and honest!! Minumum waiting time and great service!! more than 50% cheaper than servicing and repairs in SG.

Auto Champion Star

No 2 Jalan Titiwangsa 4,

Taman Tampoi Indah,

81200 JB

Most recent service was for oil change [ i bought my own oil from Giant], oil filter, power steering fluid top up, wheel alignment, air con/ air filter cleanup, multi point check [everything was good!] - total bill RM95 (approx S$31).

Look for the boss - HC Ling HP 012-711 3758 - they do all Jap cars and Mercedez...

Super nice guy too!!

brudders...aka hiadees.

Looking at some youtube videos, fluid then flows into the master brake fluid reservoir as the bleeding begins.  Question is - how does this process prevents air being drawn in from the container, into the reservoir, n then into the brake lines as fresh fluid is replaced.

The best way to prevent fluid level in the master cylinder going down to fast and draw in air , professional shop use a automatic fluid refiller .This method is preventiv , save time and labour

Let me answer cause I diy using it before.

The pressurized external container has brake fluid and it fills up the fluid in the master reservoir as you bleed. The master reservoir is never allowed to run dry and you always have fluid covering the master cylinder.

But I swore never to use it again as sometimes the cap does not seal well over the master reservoir and brake fluid gets sprayed all over. It’s a big pain in the ass to clean up.

Normally pressurised brake bleeder us must regular the compressed air pressure to not more than 10 psi

post-272-0-45918700-1544847708.jpg

post-272-0-06768500-1544847776.jpg

↡ Advertisement