The fight against loansharks

Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

LOL... your last sentence describes the 'ideal' situation for the guy.... but not to the extent of he taking advantage and eats 'soft rice'..... :D

We all wish to be millionaire, handsome and a ladies magnet... hahahaha... Get Real! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

We all wish to be millionaire, handsome and a ladies magnet... hahahaha... Get Real! [laugh]

no need to be handson, or lady magnet, wu lui enough liao.... :D

Neutral Newbie

no need to be handson, or lady magnet, wu lui enough liao.... :D

lowest common multiple in play... hahahaha... [laugh]

see we still apply basic mathematics we learn from primary school... [:p]

lowest common multiple in play... hahahaha... [laugh]

see we still apply basic mathematics we learn from primary school... [:p]

from loanshark to mistress to primary maths.... who says MCF's topics are restricted [thumbsup]

on a serious notes, in the 60s polis did well and 'wiped out' secret societies.... now, they cant catch loansharks?

i feel the LS are well organsised, ruthless, making lots of $$$ (and not payaing taxes), summing up: lucrative and untouchable.

Turbocharged

Hi guys.

Am a long time lurker of this forum trying to get some help on my current situation. Cant start new threads yet so I'm posting this here. Hope it's ok

Im currently facing loansharks problem. Let me begin by saying that i know how stupid I am and that I deserve fully for what's happening to me now. I wont even try to make up any excuse for myself.

To cut a long story short what happened was that i allowed a friend of mine to use my name and address to borrow from them. And now he has "run road" so i am made to carry everything. Total is around 6k+. Yes it is under MY name and address. and yes i know how f--king stupid this is.

I already made it very clear to them that i am not going to pay them a single cent. (dont have the means to anyway) So now, I'm fully expecting them to come my house and harass. So far I havent made a police report but i will once they do something. My main question is that what is the best way to deter them from coming my place. The key word here is "deter" as the only thing i can do now is to make them think twice about coming my house. I'm already planning on installing CCTV. Anyone here who has similar experience dealing with them can offer some advise ? If it is not convenient, feel free to PM me..

Would appreciate any help.

Install a gate like what counsellor Sheena Jebal did.

seems like a proven solution.

Owe $ pay $....and me nt shark or related to dem.

As guarantor u agree to pay if fren go on running competition for his life. Go talk to e collector to discuss how u can repay + ask for better interest rate, on compassionate grounds (like u newbie + dun knw e world?)

Go police only upon being harrassed cos at this moment nothing much can b done. U can install a CCTV and get security guard but these cost $ too right?

At e end of e day, there are ppl who borrow $ with full intention nt to repay and wan FREE police protection service by crying foul.

Whilst I am against loan sharks becos of their high high high interest + methods of collection frm those who siam dem, the ones who borrowed and defaulted are no saints either. Why borrow frm sharks? Already e name tells u they bite.....very painful too.

Frm what I hear, most debtors borrow to gamble, drink, womanise. Rarely of real genuine needy case. It is best to avoid loansharks altogether. No money, dun gamble.....just come here to kpkb abt everything.....cheaper source of destress-ing. Hehe....just kidding, no offence to sharks, whales + related species. Oops.......

Safe ride + dun let sharks set yr ride or neighbour's ride on fire.

Cheers

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

from loanshark to mistress to primary maths.... who says MCF's topics are restricted [thumbsup]

on a serious notes, in the 60s polis did well and 'wiped out' secret societies.... now, they cant catch loansharks?

i feel the LS are well organsised, ruthless, making lots of $$$ (and not payaing taxes), summing up: lucrative and untouchable.

We could have twisted it to tiko topic... hahahaha... [cool][laugh]

We could have twisted it to tiko topic... hahahaha... [cool][laugh]

this is quite true... [:p]

then the loansharks reading this thread will be upset..... they also want respect from us and OT will offend them?? :D

Neutral Newbie

this is quite true... [:p]

then the loansharks reading this thread will be upset..... they also want respect from us and OT will offend them?? :D

Priest lah... Not no respect for loanshark, in the whole thingy, I most no respect for the borrower who run road, then no respect for the loanshark runner, than the loanshark and the new flat owner.

That's why should avoid buying second hand HDB, stick to private property... hahahaha [laugh]

(See can twist to property topic hor!)

My ex neighbor run road too.....after sold his house to my current neighbor.... it was like 8 years back. Even my door also kena before....all courtesy to him.

What we did was my few friends came and we ambushed for 2 nights....then Bingo. Caught the runner....took down his ic....slapped him...threatened to make him drink the paint....then hatam him a bit....handed over to Police. Next day the loanshark called my neighbor and warned him....but he also f him back. Since then no sound no pic liao. Maybe busted. Ya...we used to be pai kia that's why we do such....to such fxxkers....no need to give chance. [knife]

Priest lah... Not no respect for loanshark, in the whole thingy, I most no respect for the borrower who run road, then no respect for the loanshark runner, than the loanshark and the new flat owner.

That's why should avoid buying second hand HDB, stick to private property... hahahaha [laugh]

(See can twist to property topic hor!)

this is twisting till warped but who cares :D

nowadays they got this motion detector, turn it on after midnite and anyone walk pass it will shine spot light?.... will this make runner angry and he do something more harmful next time?

but actually what you said is correct: owe $$$, pay $$$.... simple :o

this is twisting till warped but who cares :D

nowadays they got this motion detector, turn it on after midnite and anyone walk pass it will shine spot light?.... will this make runner angry and he do something more harmful next time?

but actually what you said is correct: owe $$$, pay $$$.... simple :o

Those motion detector spotlights....LOL.....it's being in the market for more than a decade. But good ideal. Shine and make them like superstar!

The secret societies were weeded out more easily because they no longer serve any purpose to the community. The community find it cheaper to pay the government for protection (see Paikia, official) instead of groups of rowdy men with tattoos. They are still around much but without financially viable operations, they tend to stay quiet. Paikias need to pay rental too.

Loan sharks are providing aa form of social services to the general population. They cover the area where banks and financial institutions are not able to serve effectively due to MAS's regulations. Who else would lend money to a guy who is broke with no collateral? Interest rates are high due to demand and the high rate of default, resulting in costly operations to recover the debt. It is the demand that keeps the loan sharks in business. This trade will never be wiped out as long as people are willing to borrow money.

Those motion detector spotlights....LOL.....it's being in the market for more than a decade. But good ideal. Shine and make them like superstar!

LOL...... then pple stay opposite block can quickly take pics, next day front page big big picture

this is not really hi tech and also not 100% fool-proof, but should try and make runners think twice before painting ppl's door

The secret societies were weeded out more easily because they no longer serve any purpose to the community. The community find it cheaper to pay the government for protection (see Paikia, official) instead of groups of rowdy men with tattoos. They are still around much but without financially viable operations, they tend to stay quiet. Paikias need to pay rental too.

Loan sharks are providing aa form of social services to the general population. They cover the area where banks and financial institutions are not able to serve effectively due to MAS's regulations. Who else would lend money to a guy who is broke with no collateral? Interest rates are high due to demand and the high rate of default, resulting in costly operations to recover the debt. It is the demand that keeps the loan sharks in business. This trade will never be wiped out as long as people are willing to borrow money.

this is true. i read somewhere there are registered money lenders with less strigent conditions but charge high interes rates for those ppl you mentioned. i guess the ahlong serve the really 'worst' cases. Their methods of recovering outstanding debts inconveniens innocent neighbours, this is the part still left unresolved by the police/society.

why not charity organisations / MCYS offer these borrowers some jobs and help them repay their debts if the amount owned is too too big? of course its likely the amount owed usually are not small...

this is true. i read somewhere there are registered money lenders with less strigent conditions but charge high interes rates for those ppl you mentioned. i guess the ahlong serve the really 'worst' cases. Their methods of recovering outstanding debts inconveniens innocent neighbours, this is the part still left unresolved by the police/society.

why not charity organisations / MCYS offer these borrowers some jobs and help them repay their debts if the amount owned is too too big? of course its likely the amount owed usually are not small...

It is about getting the money back. It doesn't matter who the money came from. Loan sharks have realized that they are in a 'morally advantaged' position when they give out a loan. Do you think the "inconvenienced" neighbour is really a mistake? The neighbours are there 24 hours beside the borrower. And sometimes, the neighbours would just chip in just to get rid of the nuisance. Low chance but just keep trying. Loan sharks just cannot write off debts mainly because they have to answer to their immediate boss or investors (just like you and me). Their reputation and credibility is on the line and that affect their entire professional career.

On your suggestion, you are just digging an endless pit. Some of these borrowers will sell their mother for money.

Turbocharged

wait the runner chain the gate then she know :o

its easier to cut the chain than to wash away the paint. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement