No proper rain shelter at Compass Point

Latka

i always try to park near the escalators. I seldom take the lift.

If i knew where the stairs were, i would take them.

Compass Point was a pretty lousy mall. I seldom went there except to do banking related things.

I have to say that WWP has superceded it in all ways

- cinema, F&B offerings. Main tenants (Daiso + NTUC Finest vs Cold storage and Metro ...)

I wonder what the revamped compass point will offer.

WWP is bit confusing but u get used to it after a while. The young children's play area is great.

The daiso at waterway is so small, smaller than the previous rivervale mall. And what waterway can offer I can get that at some other malls nearer to my house. In fact for some reason I feel the distance from my house to waterway is the same as going to city square mall [laugh]  

Compass point does serve my purpose previously before Nex open. And of course before we have seletar mall, Nex and waterway, I had to go to AMK hub for movies since compass point doesnt have a cinema. 

↡ Advertisement

Compass Point was a pretty lousy mall. I seldom went there except to do banking related things.

- cinema, F&B offerings. Main tenants (Daiso + NTUC Finest vs Cold storage and Metro ...)

WWP is bit confusing but u get used to it after a while. The young children's play area is great.

as long as the revamped CP got library for my kids can liao....

heard that the new library there is going to be expanded too

:D

• Praise 2

The daiso at waterway is so small, smaller than the previous rivervale mall. And what waterway can offer I can get that at some other malls nearer to my house. In fact for some reason I feel the distance from my house to waterway is the same as going to city square mall [laugh]  

Compass point does serve my purpose previously before Nex open. And of course before we have seletar mall, Nex and waterway, I had to go to AMK hub for movies since compass point doesnt have a cinema. 

haha after kids, i've only watched 2 movies in the cinema. My wife only 1.

OK lah, as long as can find most of my things. If want to go further than i just go vivo for their daiso.

I go WWP cos near to my child's kindergarten

Edited by Lala81

Heard its going to be 2 storey

that's good.

The public library here in singapore is really bloody superb.

Though i hardly make use of it now.

Nowadays I seldom travel to west but somehow if I do I will go to IMM. For some reason I feel very comfortable there. I dont get confuse parking and walking around there. Its unlike Nex, which I frequent regularly. It took me quite a while to get used to the layout at Nex. Maybe I need to do that for waterway too. But for IMM, no issue at all from the beginning. 

IMM is actually quite confusing if u haven't walked there or realise how it's laid out. 

Only the ground floor is not confusing.

Trying to find a shop on the 2nd and 3rd floor not so easy if you aren't just bashing around.

In terms of confusing orientation, Nex > IMM > WWP.

New CP will have a nice library, they will feature old tenant like RSH, metro and popular. To me compass point is a good place to hangout. Often lim tehsi at yakun last time. No daiso but last time they got Value which is in my opinion better than daiso.

Not sureabout new CP but last time they hve 3 nice bakery, breadtalk, 4 leaves and bengawan solo. Will see how the new CP offers

• Praise 1

New CP will have a nice library, they will feature old tenant like RSH, metro and popular. To me compass point is a good place to hangout. Often lim tehsi at yakun last time. No daiso but last time they got Value which is in my opinion better than daiso.

Not sureabout new CP but last time they hve 3 nice bakery, breadtalk, 4 leaves and bengawan solo. Will see how the new CP offers

so big better have more lah.

Small Seletar mall already has Swee Heng, Proofer, Breadtalk, Bengawan Solo, 4 Leaves.

• Praise 2

haha after kids, i've only watched 2 movies in the cinema. My wife only 1.

OK lah, as long as can find most of my things. If want to go further than i just go vivo for their daiso.

I go WWP cos near to my child's kindergarten

I get what you mean. I also didnt get to watch any movies during that period except once we managed to get my in laws to look after them at night in which they already slept and me and my wife went out for 1 midnight movie which was watching fast and furious 6 [thumbsup]  But now that my kids are old enough they watch with us. But most of the movies we watched are the likes of frozen to zootopia  [laugh] Only annie and star wars can be considered adult oriented.

• Praise 1

Nowadays I seldom travel to west but somehow if I do I will go to IMM. For some reason I feel very comfortable there. I dont get confuse parking and walking around there. Its unlike Nex, which I frequent regularly. It took me quite a while to get used to the layout at Nex. Maybe I need to do that for waterway too. But for IMM, no issue at all from the beginning. 

same thoughts.

prefer easy layout,

also easy to go to a specific shop especially when target shopping n rushing for time

need to go few times before get more familarized.

maybe that's the idea. want ppl go more often lolx

maybe we old liao :XD:

• Praise 3

same thoughts.

prefer easy layout,

also easy to go to a specific shop especially when target shopping n rushing for time

need to go few times before get more familarized.

maybe that's the idea. want ppl go more often lolx

maybe we old liao :XD:

Hey I think you are right! The older we become, the more difficulty we have in adapting  [laugh] @Lala81, I think I know why you feel IMM is as confusing as Nex and Waterway and I dont. I went to IMM quite often when I was younger so no problem [:p] And during that time it was the mall in the west, before Jurong have Jurong point, jem and so on  :D

Hey I think you are right! The older we become, the more difficulty we have in adapting  [laugh] @Lala81, I think I know why you feel IMM is as confusing as Nex and Waterway and I dont. I went to IMM quite often when I was younger so no problem [:p] And during that time it was the mall in the west, before Jurong have Jurong point, jem and so on  :D

actually not really. I've been there many times from way back in the 90s. I still feel it's quite confusing to find a shop on the upper levels especially for the directionally challenged. Like my wife...

I actually have an excellent sense of direction cos i find it very irritating not to know how the mall space is laid out. So when i had more free time, i used to walk around these malls repeatedly to find out where exactly evyerthing is.

Maybe because it's big for a mall.

Queensway is pretty confusing also. U have to know the B1 very well, to know where your shop (the ones on the outer ring) is exactly located from the center.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

actually not really. I've been there many times from way back in the 90s. I still feel it's quite confusing to find a shop on the upper levels especially for the directionally challenged. Like my wife...

Queensway is pretty confusing also. U have to know the B1 very well, to know where your shop (the ones on the outer ring) is exactly located from the center.

You mean queensway shopping centre? Cannot remember anything about it except for one sport shop I visited before and mcdonalds. But that was a long time ago and that time I havent start to drive yet. 

I actually have an excellent sense of direction cos i find it very irritating not to know how the mall space is laid out. So when i had more free time, i used to walk around these malls repeatedly to find out where exactly evyerthing is.

I think vivocity abit confusing for those hardly go there. The basement carpark is huge.

I find IMM still okay.

By the way waterway point theres one chinese restaurant forgot the name but the taste is mediocre at its best

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

Don't  think Metro will be around. I saw the new listing somewhere, forgotten where I saw it. Maybe some pamphlet through mail which i have thrown away.

The Canton paradise is replaced by hotpot paradise. Looking forwards to it since paradise's  Beauty in a pot is super popular. the taiwanese teppan stall at foodcourt is one of my favourite last time, the uncle doing the cooking really do it well. Not sure whether they will come back or not.

• Praise 3

Don't  think Metro will be around. I saw the new listing somewhere, forgotten where I saw it. Maybe some pamphlet through mail which i have thrown away.

The Canton paradise is replaced by hotpot paradise. Looking forwards to it since paradise's  Beauty in a pot is super popular. the taiwanese teppan stall at foodcourt is one of my favourite last time, the uncle doing the cooking really do it well. Not sure whether they will come back or not.

77th street also wont be there

[lipsrsealed]

But i do hope some exciting shops will be there.

didnt like metro

didnt like library (cos parents bring kids go there play) very noisy

like popular

like most of the F&B shops there previously

i dont mind cold storage or shengsiong, cos ntuc more than enough in Sk/punggol already.

• Praise 1

[lipsrsealed]

didnt like metro

like popular

i dont mind cold storage or shengsiong, cos ntuc more than enough in Sk/punggol already.

The wiki actually have shop listing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_One

Sad that Best denki won't be around. But there seems to have a lot more F&B outlets compared to last time, but sadly, many are the same as Seletar Mall or WWP.

• Praise 3

[lipsrsealed]

didnt like metro

like popular

nowadays Daiso like very popular ... see them popping up here and there.

• Praise 1

The wiki actually have shop listing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_One

Sad that Best denki won't be around. But there seems to have a lot more F&B outlets compared to last time, but sadly, many are the same as Seletar Mall or WWP.

surprise BATA still there... [lipsrsealed]

nowadays Daiso like very popular ... see them popping up here and there.

i think Daiso shrinking and consolidating their outlet branches

closed 1 at rivervale mall, and bt panjang.

and open 1 in WWP

hope not like Uniqlo..opens too many shops..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3