No proper rain shelter at Compass Point

Latka

surprise BATA still there... [lipsrsealed]

i think Daiso shrinking and consolidating their outlet branches

closed 1 at rivervale mall, and bt panjang.

and open 1 in WWP

hope not like Uniqlo..opens too many shops..

Din know that daiso actually have closed some of their outlets? Uniqlo so far so good, seems like doing still quite well and they almost opened every outlet in every shopping mall.

↡ Advertisement

Din know that daiso actually have closed some of their outlets? Uniqlo so far so good, seems like doing still quite well and they almost opened every outlet in every shopping mall.

ya Daiso closed 2 outlets already

Nowadays I seldom travel to west but somehow if I do I will go to IMM. For some reason I feel very comfortable there. I dont get confuse parking and walking around there. Its unlike Nex, which I frequent regularly. It took me quite a while to get used to the layout at Nex. Maybe I need to do that for waterway too. But for IMM, no issue at all from the beginning. 

i can emphathise with you.

IMM design/layout quite standard, so is easier to remember - the only problem being it's very big.

For NEX, it took me a long time to finally figure out why the hell the inside layout is so darn confusing. After that, quite ok too. 

And the carpark jin jialat. Dunno they cordoned off that 30-50 lots in the lower few levels for what...

Waterway point also quite confusing. I only went there twice. Still can't remember much...

i can emphathise with you.

IMM design/layout quite standard, so is easier to remember - the only problem being it's very big.

For NEX, it took me a long time to finally figure out why the hell the inside layout is so darn confusing. After that, quite ok too.

And the carpark jin jialat. Dunno they cordoned off that 30-50 lots in the lower few levels for what...

Waterway point also quite confusing. I only went there twice. Still can't remember much...

I remembered I couldn't find cold storage at all [laugh] but it wouldn't be a problem if I take mrt.

I also don't know why they blocked off those lots, already not enough for such a big shopping mall. Though I have no problem with the parking, sometimes I took public transport there with my family if we are just going there for meals and not buying anything.

• Praise 2

I remembered I couldn't find cold storage at all [laugh] but it wouldn't be a problem if I take mrt.

I also don't know why they blocked off those lots, already not enough for such a big shopping mall. Though I have no problem with the parking, sometimes I took public transport there with my family if we are just going there for meals and not buying anything.

Yah cold storage is hidden at B2 corner. Before that MRT exit was opened, for a few months the first unit next to it, I think ya Kun, would prob be swatting flies as nobody would walk to the dead end...

I had wondered how come the place different levels so different size. Then later realised B1 n B2 are v small cos big chunk used up as bus interchange. Then level 3 outside also small cos big chunk used by ntuc...

Anyway the carpark design cmi. I remember when the place first opened, motorists waited one hr just to reach car park entrance. Then they changed to traffic flow inside made it smoother, but still so so only. Had to build a link bridge to the mscp next door to alleviate the prob...

When they first blocked off the lots, I tot that day got vvips attending events. Then it became permanent. Maybe becos those lots require drivers to block off traffic when trying to go in n out. But that just highlights the design flaw!

Yah cold storage is hidden at B2 corner. Before that MRT exit was opened, for a few months the first unit next to it, I think ya Kun, would prob be swatting flies as nobody would walk to the dead end...

I had wondered how come the place different levels so different size. Then later realised B1 n B2 are v small cos big chunk used up as bus interchange. Then level 3 outside also small cos big chunk used by ntuc...

Anyway the carpark design cmi. I remember when the place first opened, motorists waited one hr just to reach car park entrance. Then they changed to traffic flow inside made it smoother, but still so so only. Had to build a link bridge to the mscp next door to alleviate the prob...

When they first blocked off the lots, I tot that day got vvips attending events. Then it became permanent. Maybe becos those lots require drivers to block off traffic when trying to go in n out. But that just highlights the design flaw!

No choice we have to learn to shop at Nex because its the nearest and biggest shopping mall for us :D

Just wonder why no developer build the largest mall in singapore? I mean vivocity is like holding the title for the past 10 years. I think beside ion orchard got one huge plot

• Praise 1

Just wonder why no developer build the largest mall in singapore? I mean vivocity is like holding the title for the past 10 years. I think beside ion orchard got one huge plot

Jewel @ Changi is suppose to be big too, iirc.

think retail has lost its buzz factor, so developers not so keen to develop shopping malls when vacancy rates is creeping up at some existing old and new malls.

• Praise 2

think retail has lost its buzz factor, so developers not so keen to develop shopping malls when vacancy rates is creeping up at some existing old and new malls.

Yeah just that find most singapore malls are small compared to bkk or kl. i think manila has the largest malls.

In sg those large malls are

Vivocity (connected to harbourfront)

JEM (connected to westgate)

Suntec linked to marina sq

ION is 8 storey mall linked to wheelock

What else? I find nex is small

Yeah just that find most singapore malls are small compared to bkk or kl. i think manila has the largest malls.

In sg those large malls are

Vivocity (connected to harbourfront)

JEM (connected to westgate)

Suntec linked to marina sq

ION is 8 storey mall linked to wheelock

What else? I find nex is small

unless we bring mall walking to SG ? [idea]

big malls hard to survive lah, cos you need big departmental store to anchor. Look at Marina Square ex-Metro ... 

This sector really got overcapacity issues. Some malls are like semi-deserted nowadays.

And many malls still have pretty expensive parking, so another factor.

Anyways, not a mall person cos I prefer to avoid crowded places.  [:p]

To add to your list, I find Parkway is pretty functional, not big but good enough for buying stuff and some makan.

• Praise 1

unless we bring mall walking to SG ? [idea]

big malls hard to survive lah, cos you need big departmental store to anchor. Look at Marina Square ex-Metro ...

This sector really got overcapacity issues. Some malls are like semi-deserted nowadays.

And many malls still have pretty expensive parking, so another factor.

Anyways, not a mall person cos I prefer to avoid crowded places. [:p]

To add to your list, I find Parkway is pretty functional, not big but good enough for buying stuff and some makan.

Haha i am considered mall person hence like to explore malls.

Yah malls nowadays hard to to survive, with addition of competition from online retails, neighbouring countries' malls began to have brands that is similar to sg. Hence retail industry indeed a difficult business in singapore

Just that i really wish got a super large mall integrated with condo, hotel and office. Then maybe weekend can stay at the hotel explore the mall. Larger malls can invite multiple anchor store for example robinson with metro and tangs, best denki with court, fairprice with giant, self fix with home fix and golden village with shaw. Then got bowling, billiard house, karaoke, few arcades and even for kindergarten school. Then parent while waiting can go shopping. Sure will sell but hard to find the available land and need huge capital for it

Ya lor.   Many retail big players have packed up and left.

Singapore is so small but yet so many malls.  Crowded,  crowded everywhere.

Compass One official opening tomorrow!!!

Clap!  Clap!  Finally! 

I felt so handicap when it was closed for renovation.  Have to go so far for Raffles Medical, library, fast food and shopping.  The walking distance from my  house to compass one is only 5 mins.  [laugh]

I'll go tomorrow

Ya lor. Many retail big players have packed up and left.

Singapore is so small but yet so many malls. Crowded, crowded everywhere.

Clap! Clap! Finally!

I felt so handicap when it was closed for renovation. Have to go so far for Raffles Medical, library, fast food and shopping. The walking distance from my house to compass one is only 5 mins. [laugh]

I'll go tomorrow

Library ready only by next year.
↡ Advertisement