• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone done this before http://item.taobao.c...m?id=7546412499
it stated can help to boost power and save fuel

anyone can commend on open pod?
http://item.taobao.c...m?id=7390686510
will it really help boost power and save fuel?

since it is cheap, planning to buy and DIY
any comments are welcome

btw, i want to upgrade my brake
will changing to
http://item.taobao.c...m?id=7176506917
or http://item.taobao.c...m?id=2763891230 (taiwanese)
make a difference to break performance? current one is just stock without holes or patterns.

PIC11022600005_1.JPG

Edited by Stanchiam, 26 February 2011 - 06:31 PM.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

any comments are welcome

will changing to
make a difference to break performance? current one is just stock with holes or patterns.

no free lunch is this world, but lotsa snake oil in this world.

if really so simple increase power yet save fuel all car maker will use it, y they bother to R & D millions of $$$ to develop technology??

currently small engine with turbo is the trend for boost power and save fuel by conti car makers

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

SGCMfreedom
  • SGCMfreedom
    Clutched
    Author Image

what car you driving?

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if really so simple increase power yet save fuel all car maker will use it, y they bother to R & D millions of $$$ to develop technology??

currently small engine with turbo is the trend for boost power and save fuel by conti car makers

its not free, need to pay for it...lol
these are add on

what car you driving?

hmm...does it matter? I am driving a small qq311

Edited by Stanchiam, 26 February 2011 - 06:54 PM.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

SGCMfreedom
  • SGCMfreedom
    Clutched
    Author Image

well if u driving a qq a open pod will not help , open pod will lose low end and since u driving a small cc car u will have problem moving off slope with load . for slotted disc is nt a must , brake better bt brake pad wear faster . so best is to stay stock

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

well if u driving a qq a open pod will not help , open pod will lose low end and since u driving a small cc car u will have problem moving off slope with load . for slotted disc is nt a must , brake better bt brake pad wear faster . so best is to stay stock

oh, what i want is brake better since now feel i the brake performance no good, will be buying the upgrade.
any other thing i can change to upgrade brake performance?
*brake pad wear faster is ok for me, i have bought 2 pairs and kept as backup, cost me less than 80rmb for a pair.

so any tips to boost low end? the first option no? (二次进气 not sure how to say in english)
saw in this website http://baa.bitauto.c...ead-689185.html the user comment it increase power and give better fuel performance

Edited by Stanchiam, 26 February 2011 - 07:32 PM.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

SGCMfreedom
  • SGCMfreedom
    Clutched
    Author Image

i think 二次进气 means second intake ,tis wan i nt sure as i nv heard of it be4 bt i tink abit no point , if really so useful u c all sport car using it liao btw if u wan 2 upgrade brakes u may consider using bigger brake caliper ,disc and better brake pad . do check wit ur mech whether ur car can use or nt .

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

There is, lose weight! Doesn't actually add power, but improve power:weight ratio.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

Fresh
  • Fresh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

no, please don't do open pod for qq. you probably can't even go up MSCP with it.

please don't bother changing rotors. if you can just change to stainless steel brake hose (if there is any for the qq.)

you should just stop doing all this research, becos it's not doing you any good, and filling your head with ideas that you cannot do with your qq, short of spending the same amount needed to buy your qq in the first place.
I LOVE MCF's ignore list...!! It's all your fault lah. complain what. reduce your carbon footprint. stop driving. go public. leave the roads to me. oh, and stop talking through your ass.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

no, please don't do open pod for qq. you probably can't even go up MSCP with it.

please don't bother changing rotors. if you can just change to stainless steel brake hose (if there is any for the qq.)

you should just stop doing all this research, becos it's not doing you any good, and filling your head with ideas that you cannot do with your qq, short of spending the same amount needed to buy your qq in the first place.

i can afford spending those amount, its pretty cheap, less than $30 for the 2nd intake mod and less than 80 for the pod, rotors about $50 a wheel for the branded one.
there is nothing that cannot be done, if one one to do, it can be done.
I am not turning it turbo, just some small mod...lol
for the pod, it stated that it will only be activated on high speed

btw, please do not blink blink your eyes or ears due to the car or model, i am just asking for general information sharing which is open to all car
any bias, please keep it to yourself. thank you

Edited by Stanchiam, 26 February 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

for better braking, change to better brake pads and tyres.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

for better braking, change to better brake pads and tyres.

thanks, i already bought better brake pads to replace stock ones.
hope it will help. If doesnt help much, will buy the rotors, maybe buy the cheaper one that cost less than 40 for 2 wheels on the website I quoted
actually thinking of changing rotor and pad together since the rotor not expensive, dont want to get my hand dirty twice...lol

Edited by Stanchiam, 26 February 2011 - 08:44 PM.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hks power kompressor
another brand using the same concept

http://item.taobao.c...m?id=3832056484

"it works on the concept FORCE more air into the cylinder, directly increase the air pressure in it. During the down stroke the valves are open, the air and the fuel mixture rapidly forced into the cylinder . Therefore , more air/fuel mixture is compressed into the Combustion chamber."

any user of such product can commend?

Edited by Stanchiam, 27 February 2011 - 10:43 AM.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

Okitri
  • Okitri
    Banned

boost and N2O (nitrous oxyde) are useful, but turbo is better than both,
learn how to adding turbo to non turbo car engine...
check this link http://autocarpedia....-turbo-car.html

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

any comments are welcome

will changing to
make a difference to break performance? current one is just stock without holes or patterns.

Looking at what you have, IMHO:
item 1 = snake oil
item 2 = not worth putting on as you will lose some low end
items 3 and 4 = good, but not yet. start with the basics. Good tyres, braided brake hoses, and better brake pads. Those should come after the three i mentioned.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Fresh
  • Fresh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i can afford spending those amount, its pretty cheap, less than $30 for the 2nd intake mod and less than 80 for the pod, rotors about $50 a wheel for the branded one.
there is nothing that cannot be done, if one one to do, it can be done.
I am not turning it turbo, just some small mod...lol
for the pod, it stated that it will only be activated on high speed

btw, please do not blink blink your eyes or ears due to the car or model, i am just asking for general information sharing which is open to all car
any bias, please keep it to yourself. thank you

knn, I wasn't even looking down on your qq. I wasn't even trying to be condescending. I take it you have a chip on your shoulder because you are driving a qq.

if you wanted to mod your car in the first place, you should have started with a car that was fairly established on the after-market scene. If you like to experiment, then it would be nice also to have a car that might offer you some protection.

seriously, you pay for what you get to a good extent. sure, there are freaking value for money cars like the qq, but were they meant for anything else than A2B cars, short of spending a chunk of change?

well, I guess you'd accuse me of looking down on you again... good luck stan.

I LOVE MCF's ignore list...!! It's all your fault lah. complain what. reduce your carbon footprint. stop driving. go public. leave the roads to me. oh, and stop talking through your ass.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Zze121
  • Zze121
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Alot of Ppl mod n later demod, end up change car.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

knn, I wasn't even looking down on your qq. I wasn't even trying to be condescending. I take it you have a chip on your shoulder because you are driving a qq.

if you wanted to mod your car in the first place, you should have started with a car that was fairly established on the after-market scene. If you like to experiment, then it would be nice also to have a car that might offer you some protection.

seriously, you pay for what you get to a good extent. sure, there are freaking value for money cars like the qq, but were they meant for anything else than A2B cars, short of spending a chunk of change?

well, I guess you'd accuse me of looking down on you again... good luck stan.

whatever, not sure why i was entertaining your comments in the first place.
you can knn yourself and f off, accuse or not, to knn here show what kind of person you are and what kind of up bringing u have. PERIOD.
constructive and experience sharing welcome, show attitude go far far away.

Edited by Stanchiam, 27 February 2011 - 12:35 PM.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Looking at what you have, IMHO:
item 1 = snake oil
item 2 = not worth putting on as you will lose some low end
items 3 and 4 = good, but not yet. start with the basics. Good tyres, braided brake hoses, and better brake pads. Those should come after the three i mentioned.

for item 1, i think i will go for it since it is only $30, willing to be a genie pig for the snake to eat
as for item 2, how about http://www.mycarforu...o...&product=28
since it is good, will be adding it, will also look into brake hose
thanks for sharing

boost and N2O (nitrous oxyde) are useful, but turbo is better than both,
learn how to adding turbo to non turbo car engine...
check this link http://autocarpedia....-turbo-car.html

changing to turbo is not what i wanted, i am not looking into fast car or speeding, max speed i ride is 80-90km.
just want to enhance the lower end a little, thats all.

Edited by Stanchiam, 27 February 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I would advice against changing to bigger rotors as it may increase load and you will find no acceleration at all.

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Boost, power, save, fuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users