Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

went to check out on the outback .. felt dissappointed ... with the interior and the ride height

I think that only the current Forester and WRX STi looks nice... The rest of the Subarus.. [shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

• Praise 1

went to check out on the outback .. felt dissappointed ... with the interior and the ride height

I believe you have tested the 2.5i. The CVT has swallowed the enthusiasm.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i'm keen on getting a used 2.5L outback, can anyone advice on this car ? worth buying compared with Legacy GT wagon or Legact 2.0R ?

Thank you !

Hi all, i'm keen on getting a used 2.5L outback, can anyone advice on this car ? worth buying compared with Legacy GT wagon or Legact 2.0R ?

Thank you !

GT is of course the best but prepare to pay very high insurance premium.

If want to get, the best bet would be on the previous Legacy, one with frameless window and better build quality and better styling than current Legacy.

Personally like the Outback look if you are looking for SUV, but CVT can be a turn off if it matters. For SUV, go for Forester XT loh.

If don't like SUV height, it will take a while to get used to and won't feel the same as coupe or sedan even if you lower it. Go for older Legacy GT. Family car, can also consider Exiga GT.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm actually looking at the 2006/2007 2.5L outback with looks like the legacy not the current model. Did a price check on SGcarmarkt, the price for Lgeacy GT is easily 10k+ more than Outback. I realised Outback is like sandwich between Legacy GT and Legact 2.0R in terms of pricing and of cos better equipped than 2.0R. i personally like stationwagon and Outback is SUV like with higher grd clearance than normal sedan. Outback received quite good review overseas, but quite limited in SG. Any Outback owners here wanna comments like performance / FC / etc...??

Outback:

3.0R - 7.4km/l average, 5 gears and has every safety feature including the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) to prevent accident in tricky roads

GT - should be the same as above

2.5i - FC don't know, 4 Gears, NO VDC, maybe no control button on the steering wheel

Real life driving, a 523i gives about 9.6km/l for my style of driving, outback 3.0R and GT are very thirsty in comparison.

Yeah man. I drive Forester XT, they and their Subaru siblings are not angels when it comes to FC. But reliability and performance is good.

Outback is very very popular crossover SUV in the U.S., for its AWD. Many mountain rescue teams uses it as the official car which says a lot about its reliability. Saw too many times BMW get stuck in snow in the U.S., but they are 2WD sedan so not a good comparison. In local context, not much use for high ground clearance and AWD except rainy days, but will help with road trips north.

Sometimes also wonder why so many SUV in SG that never drive out of the city boundaries.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Talking about Outback and current vehicle pricing. See these two ads in SGcarmart. Direct owner sells car for $65,000. End up again on SGcarmart for $78,888. Gives you idea about how much profit margins used car dealers have these days...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...788&DL=1000

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...815&DL=2194

Turbocharged

If want to get, the best bet would be on the previous Legacy, one with frameless window and better build quality and better styling than current Legacy.

If u are talking about the GT, do take note previous 2.0 version only drink premium 98 fuel in addition to 7+km/liter fc... the 2.5 liter models are able to take 95.

• Praise 1

suddenly notice a spike in the no. of 2015 outbacks on the roads, my estate itself got 2 new ones within the last 2 months LOL..looks good? any bro bought so far? read somewhere tt FC is 13km/l ...if so it's really good for a 2.5NA with AWD  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement