Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

$121K (COE guaranteed?)

Published price now is up to $127.8K. If take loan & insurance, can knock off $3K. Non Guarantee COE probably another $1K off.

Kind of waiting for the some downward movement of CAT B..

Coe should soften but may be slower for CAT B as new E-Class and A4 launching. These bidders generally less sensitive to coe price.

heard from se that new batch of outback only coming on april.

Coe should soften but may be slower for CAT B as new E-Class and A4 launching. These bidders generally less sensitive to coe price.

heard from se that new batch of outback only coming on april.

Do you mean current batch of Outbacks all sold out? Have read about facelifts for Forester and XV but not come across any for Outback so guess will probably still be same model when it arrives in April.

Seems MI is quite careful with importing too many cars and holding excess inventory. Good for cash flow but may lose out on buyers that can't wait. Read from Forester thread that all current cars also sold out and potential buyers waiting for new facelift models.

Given April is still 3 months away, car price and COE may fluctuate with so many possible micro and macro economic conditions. I still have some months before my COE runs out so "Que Sera Sera" [;)]

• Praise 1

Do you mean current batch of Outbacks all sold out? Have read about facelifts for Forester and XV but not come across any for Outback so guess will probably still be same model when it arrives in April.

Seems MI is quite careful with importing too many cars and holding excess inventory. Good for cash flow but may lose out on buyers that can't wait. Read from Forester thread that all current cars also sold out and potential buyers waiting for new facelift models.

Given April is still 3 months away, car price and COE may fluctuate with so many possible micro and macro economic conditions. I still have some months before my COE runs out so "Que Sera Sera" [;)]

They should still have some stocks but limited, and thats make sense when the price raised 2k to balance it out. Outback was priced 140k-150k on mid 2015 iirc.

Forester should be strong on stocks since high demand plus facelift is weeks away from launching.

i still think both forester models are good grabs, and dont bother to book a guaranteed COE, save that grand.

• Praise 3

collected mine earlier this week, see the fuel consumption now around 10L/100km, very stable ride compred to some other rides of similar height. smooth drivetrain. but can forget about any traffic light sprints, more for smooth stable and refined ride for the family. the steering is also surprisingly heavy for a jap car.

and passenger space is really impressive

• Praise 2

Collected mine this week, so far really love the car ride.

Space is abundant, smooth drive. what always wondering me is if i park the car with min space behind, what happened if i accidently press the auto tail gate button? will my back hitting the wall or there is a sensor to avoid that from happening?

Any bro can advise?

For those that bought Outback recently, did you get $3K off the listed price and additional $1K off for non guarantee.Current list price is $124.8K and I was expecting price to be $121.8K range but SE claims that the list price is already discounted and can only offer free front camera from his own pocket. 

This is not what I read from Forester thread. Appreciate feedback from recent Outback owners. Thanks,

For those that bought Outback recently, did you get $3K off the listed price and additional $1K off for non guarantee.Current list price is $124.8K and I was expecting price to be $121.8K range but SE claims that the list price is already discounted and can only offer free front camera from his own pocket.

This is not what I read from Forester thread. Appreciate feedback from recent Outback owners. Thanks,

Try this SE Jass 90044228. Then let us know.

Dont think 3k is the norm from MI. More like 2k instead. The extra 1k might be from current Subaru owner . My SE do give me more discount than from his pocket. All these discount are shown clearly from the contract. Contract shown "minus $xxxx from SE"

Personally, if the discount do eat into the SE profit, i feel that it is better to ask for freebie as Subsitute instead. Try asking for free maintainence servicing instead. A 3 yrs , 5k servicing will cost a few K. My SE give me an additional free $1k servicing which is equivalent to 2 yrs free servicing.

• Praise 3

Hi does MI require customer to stick to sales person after test drive?

Went test drive this morning at TPY and not much ppl. SE only throw in carmats and boot something. . Car cam chargeable wor

Edited by Sgmanwtf
  • Praise 1

Went test drive this morning at TPY and not much ppl. SE only throw in carmats and boot something. . Car cam chargeable wor

Looks like no crowd! Great. Hopefully this is translated to lower COE n maybe lower prices in the next few rounds.

Went LK and saw quite a bit of people around. SE all busy, including mine...

As I know, you will stick to the same SE, unless u have good reason not to use him (complaint or sort of)

Yup, i got it, but only got carmats. Don't need much freebies, discount matters more :)

I think MI will want to sell more if it can.  Suspect it is because Subaru is already producing at max. capacity and the different countries around the world are allocated certain quota.  (But then again, Motor Image should have reasonable priority given that it covers a large chunk of the Asian market for Subaru.)

[subaru only has 3 factories worldwide already operating at more or less full capacity - one in Japan (which supplies to most of the world including Singapore and some models for the US also), one in US (obviously serving America area and even then, only partially) and one in Malaysia (owned by MI serving South East Asia except Singapore).

Whatever the 3 factories build are all sold out (or sells out as the headline below says).

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151102/RETAIL01/311029984/subaru-chief-seeks-to-limit-sales-growth

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-06-08/subaru-sells-out-will-one-of-the-fastest-growing-carmakers-decide-to-stay-small-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry/2015/01/31/subaru-knocks-it-out-of-the-park-again-in-2014-running-out-of-milestones/#4039d03244cd

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement