Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

During the Singapore Motor Show, they left only a few units of black in stock.  SE said next shipment April/May.  Do they accept booking, or make sense to book now?

• Praise 1

During the Singapore Motor Show, they left only a few units of black in stock.  SE said next shipment April/May.  Do they accept booking, or make sense to book now?

Yes, they do accept booking. Seems like next batch have some slight changes, mainly small features, nothing significant. Also left with only blue colour in stock. Others need to wait.

Edited by Ocean6576
  • Praise 1

Heard from a Brother that new batch will come with the rear vehicle detection system. That's why a increase in proxe

Yes, that is correct. However if book now, they will honour the same price as now.

Any indication from SE on what is potential price increase?

Price already increased dy la. Sales talk only Bros and sis. Try to get u to commit that's all.

Hi all, I've got a set of mud guards bought from TB but they sent the wrong one. I ordered for forester but they delivered the outback one to me. Letting go at $40 which is about the price I paid minus the shipping. Pls leave me a PM with your contact number if u keen and I will get back to you. Thanks.

http://world.tmall.com/item/19235715546.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.kaNdsH&skuId=88172423449

Hi,

I've been looking at Outback and Forester (non turbo). Wondering if any owners have tried driving up Genting and did it have enough power to scale the last leg of the climb or was the engine struggling?

Will also be posting on Forester, Legacy threads to garner more feedback.

Appreciate all inputs before I make my decision.Thank you !!!

This Outback my ideal ride (together with Harrier).... but was out of budget then.... now COE drop, within budget, but already got a ride recently..... haaa..... too bad..... think can sell my 2 weeks old ride and buy the Outback without much lost??? Haaaaa..... dreaming no need $$$$...  [:p]  [laugh]

Hi,

I've been looking at Outback and Forester (non turbo). Wondering if any owners have tried driving up Genting and did it have enough power to scale the last leg of the climb or was the engine struggling?

Appreciate all inputs before I make my decision.Thank you !!

whether it has enough power or not is kinda subjective... how quickly u wanna scale those slopes? If u just wanna keep up with the usual crowd of NA vehicles (camry, innova, accord, alphard, protons) I think both would do fine.

do note that the 2.5L outback hits peak torque at abt 4k rpm and the 2.0L NA forester at about 4.3k rpm, so u will have to be at lower gears and rev pretty hard in order to climb fast.

I think both are decent rides and you won't go wrong either way. But why not the turbo forester? [:p]

u can also get feedback from owners at subaruclubsg,com

Edited by JohnSHL

whether it has enough power or not is kinda subjective... how quickly u wanna scale those slopes? If u just wanna keep up with the usual crowd of NA vehicles (camry, innova, accord, alphard, protons) I think both would do fine.

do note that the 2.5L outback hits peak torque at abt 4k rpm and the 2.0L NA forester at about 4.3k rpm, so u will have to be at lower gears and rev pretty hard in order to climb fast.

I think both are decent rides and you won't go wrong either way. But why not the turbo forester? [:p]

Thanks for feedback. I'm more of a relaxed type of driver [;)]  and not looking for power of FXT. Enough to accelarate smoothly in normal drive and also wanted to ensure it has the lungs for the occasional drive up North and to Genting etc.

At FXT price point, I prefer the more comfortable ride and luxurious interior feel of the Outback. Tried both Forester and Outback but test route was rather flat and no chance to test if it has the torque to climb steeper slopes or hills.  Looking at the paper specs, assume it should be fine but wanted to hear from Forummers who have been driving for a while on these vehicles on their actual experiences.

The bad thing about the FXT.. With that kind of HP, the temptation to Chiong is there. If not bo shiok. My previous ride was an outback 3.0 with HP ard 250. Sprint to 100 only need 6 -7 secs. So u can understand how shiok and song it can be.

I see a lot of ppl molesting the FL FXT and many like the touch the outback in showroom. Think many ppl booker the FXT.

The bad thing about the FXT.. With that kind of HP, the temptation to Chiong is there. If not bo shiok. My previous ride was an outback 3.0 with HP ard 250. Sprint to 100 only need 6 -7 secs. So u can understand how shiok and song it can be.

I see a lot of ppl molesting the FL FXT and many like the touch the outback in showroom. Think many ppl booker the FXT.

the prev gen 3.0L outback? [thumbsup]  [drivingcar]

Hi,

Appreciate all inputs before I make my decision.Thank you !!!

Hi lurker,

Owning a forester'08 turbo model. No major problems, definitely wear-tear small issues. Good ride height (not too high) as it trade off with vehicle stability.

Drawbacks were, (1) the sound proofing - both tyre and wind noise, (2) at the back as a high " centre spine" block people from easy getting in and out of the vehicle. All in all, good ride lasted me, 8 years. Just changed to the outback... because backside itchy, want to experience SUV vs. Crossover.

However, tried the forester turbo, quieter ride(glad they improved the soundproofing) and definitely more powerful(for turbo). Drawback: interior is less than appealing unless you opt for the premium version one.

How's outback back row seating. Is it more spacious than Forester?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1