Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Hi lurker,

Owning a forester'08 turbo model. No major problems, definitely wear-tear small issues. Good ride height (not too high) as it trade off with vehicle stability.

Drawbacks were, (1) the sound proofing - both tyre and wind noise, (2) at the back as a high " centre spine" block people from easy getting in and out of the vehicle. All in all, good ride lasted me, 8 years. Just changed to the outback... because backside itchy, want to experience SUV vs. Crossover.

However, tried the forester turbo, quieter ride(glad they improved the soundproofing) and definitely more powerful(for turbo). Drawback: interior is less than appealing unless you opt for the premium version one.

Premium version meaning the Black Edition?

Thinking of replacing the Outback stock paintwork with those "frozen" matt-type colours? Anyone have experience with this? Maintenance easy? Easy to get scratches?

Definitely no need polishing/ wax... I think. :wut: 

Thinking of replacing the Outback stock paintwork with those "frozen" matt-type colours? Anyone have experience with this? Maintenance easy? Easy to get scratches?

Definitely no need polishing/ wax... I think. :wut:

What's that? Can share more?

1.1 L picanto go up genting also no problem lor

Hi,

I've been looking at Outback and Forester (non turbo). Wondering if any owners have tried driving up Genting and did it have enough power to scale the last leg of the climb or was the engine struggling?

Will also be posting on Forester, Legacy threads to garner more feedback.

Appreciate all inputs before I make my decision.Thank you !!!

Thanks for all feedback. Looking to get the Outback :a-good:.

Hope to finalize my deal soon and drive the car up Genting Highlands to enjoy the cool mountair air with the sun roof open  [;)] 

Was asked by a fellow Forummer on why I'm selecting Outback over Forester. I guess many potential buyers are also in this dilemma. Although we each have our personal preferences, thought it will be interesting to some to share my reasons behnd my choice as this is one of the purpose of forums i.e. share and learn.

Pros of Outback

• Prefer the quiter ride and more luxurious interior
  • New Outback comes with Rear Vehicle Detection System (check out on Youtube)
  • Don't want the temptation of Turbo [:p] and my driving style is more of relaxed type
  • Less common on road as Forester is practically everywhere
  • Prefer the more elegant design compared to the boxy FXT

Cons of Outback

• Slightly higher road tax. But on a per month basis, its only $50 more
  • Not sure about parking in tight places and need to get used to length of Outback

Happy to hear from others on their reasoning so undecided buyers can benefit  [thumbsup] 

• Praise 4

Thanks for all feedback. Looking to get the Outback :a-good:.

Hope to finalize my deal soon and drive the car up Genting Highlands to enjoy the cool mountair air with the sun roof open [;)]

Congrats.

Morning beats the raw brutal power from a N.A. engine, as compared to a "whining" turbo engine (pun intended).

Edited by Vinceng

Was asked by a fellow Forummer on why I'm selecting Outback over Forester. I guess many potential buyers are also in this dilemma. Although we each have our personal preferences, thought it will be interesting to some to share my reasons behnd my choice as this is one of the purpose of forums i.e. share and learn.

Pros of Outback

• Don't want the temptation of Turbo [:p] and my driving style is more of relaxed type

Cons of Outback

• Not sure about parking in tight places and need to get used to length of Outback

Happy to hear from others on their reasoning so undecided buyers can benefit  [thumbsup] 

Better audio system and better FC too. And size its just a matter of getting use to, although tight turns and carpark can still pose a challenge sometimes.

Edited by evo171

Pros of Outback

Cons of Outback

Hi Lurker,

Thanks for sharing.

Is the Outback really quieter than the FXT?  What will be your choice color for Outback?

Hi Lurker,

Thanks for sharing.

Is the Outback really quieter than the FXT?  What will be your choice color for Outback?

Yes. To me Outback is quieter than Forester.

As for colour, this is highly subjective .....just chose what you like [:p] 

↡ Advertisement