AUDI A1 TSFI 1.4 (A) vs VW Golf Rabbit 1.4 (A) SP ED

Civic2000

I have made a comparison using the data from Sgcarmart.com as per attached pdf. file. Audi_A1_vs_VW_Rabbit_Sheet1.pdf

The newly released Audi A1 costs about 10K more than the VW Golf Rabbit SP Ed in price. Both with COE of $42,999.

Audi A1 is slightly better in Performance in terms of Acceleration, Top Speed and Fuel Consumption.

Audi A1 has better Driver's features such as Push start engine button, Auto headlights, Rain sensing wipers, Electrical retractable side mirrors, Paddle shifters and Cruise Control, as these features are not available in Golf Rabbit.

Audi A1 comes with HID headlights and Front fog lamps, and these features are also not available for Golf Rabbit.

Safety features wise, Golf has 7 Airbags, Audi A1 has only 4.

Which one will you buy after looking at the price, specs and feature of these 2 cars? Lets hear from you.

↡ Advertisement

bro, the golf rabbit will have more discounts after the listed price right? VAGSG forums have others comparing the audi a1 122bhp with scirocco 1.4TSI 160bhp.. maybe that one more fair, though scirocco has higher listed price but VCS gives more discount most probably.

if between a1 and golf 122bhp, a1 is the clear decision for me.

if between a1 and scirocco 160bhp, what the scirocco loses out on badge, DRL LED lights and nice interior, it has better mod potential, performance and looks (up to individual).

no offence but the audi a1 122bhp is only good for its badge probably.. who wants a slow audi anyway [laugh]

bro, the golf rabbit will have more discounts after the listed price right? VAGSG forums have others comparing the audi a1 122bhp with scirocco 1.4TSI 160bhp.. maybe that one more fair, though scirocco has higher listed price but VCS gives more discount most probably.

if between a1 and scirocco 160bhp, what the scirocco loses out on badge, DRL LED lights and nice interior, it has better mod potential, performance and looks (up to individual).

no offence but the audi a1 122bhp is only good for its badge probably.. who wants a slow audi anyway [laugh]

Yep...i will chose the scirocco in anytime....if you chose a slow audi...ehh is just lose face when you see a Korean or Japanese car overtaking u...

Neutral Newbie

Agreed bro, both hatch back, I agree that it would be a better comparison between A1 and Roc.

You can safely discount at least 8K from the listed price for Roc. Brand wise, Audi win. Performance wise, I think Roc is better. Anyway, both cars are from same company. Go test drive both cars to have a feel.

(edited)

If you had been to the VW sgp website the rabbit does come with a push start/stop button.

Actually the Rabbit is nothing new in the US cos the Golf over there is marketed as the Rabbit. I dunno what's so special about the bunny badge and is probably a limited sale to this particular rabbit year. They just get the badge from the US plant and stick it there. So convenient.

I think the A1 is aimed at the MINI instead(read some car mag about the development of A1). No, not the Cooper S or JCW but the base MINI. But somehow ppl starts comparing it with its cousin just becos they share the same engine.

Edited by Watwheels

Agreed bro, both hatch back, I agree that it would be a better comparison between A1 and Roc.

You can safely discount at least 8K from the listed price for Roc. Brand wise, Audi win. Performance wise, I think Roc is better. Anyway, both cars are from same company. Go test drive both cars to have a feel.

yeah, mine is 9k discount when i bought it with 3 free servicing. one more point is, at the moment with crappy servicing standards from VCS, a1 would be a better choice for people who want a peace of mind.

if people compare using the audi a1 185bhp version instead, at that price of 150k, the scirocco 2.0TSI still wins in terms of value for money, performance and mod potential (stage 1).

whatever it is, i dont like the audi a1 looks. very disproportionate, too compact, small and feminine.

Yep...i will chose the scirocco in anytime....if you chose a slow audi...ehh is just lose face when you see a Korean or Japanese car overtaking u...

Dun worry, jap or korean won't overtake ur 122hp A1 cos the A1 got 200Nm of torque + s-tronic. The 1.6L japs and koreans less than 160Nm and normal gear.

Dun worry, jap or korean won't overtake ur 122hp A1 cos the A1 got 200Nm of torque + s-tronic. The 1.6L japs and koreans less than 160Nm and normal gear.

Some still stuck with 4 speed gearboxes [laugh]

The A1 seemed to be a more complete package. If really 10K more than Golf, then A1 will be the choice. Will want to go test it out one day!

(edited)

I have made a comparison using the data from Sgcarmart.com as per attached pdf. file.

The newly released Audi A1 costs about 10K more than the VW Golf Rabbit SP Ed in price. Both with COE of $42,999.

Audi A1 is slightly better in Performance in terms of Acceleration, Top Speed and Fuel Consumption.

Audi A1 has better Driver's features such as Push start engine button, Auto headlights, Rain sensing wipers, Electrical retractable side mirrors, Paddle shifters and Cruise Control, as these features are not available in Golf Rabbit.

Audi A1 comes with HID headlights and Front fog lamps, and these features are also not available for Golf Rabbit.

Safety features wise, Golf has 7 Airbags, Audi A1 has only 4.

Which one will you buy after looking at the price, specs and feature of these 2 cars? Lets hear from you.

correction

Golf Rabbit have Controls on steering wheel,Push start engine button,Rain sensing wipers,Electrical retractable side mirrors,Paddle shifters and also Cruise control, HID headlight, front and rear fog lamps

think u see the wrong spec from 1.2 isit , please double check ur list [laugh]

check it out

Edited by Sleepy-T

correction

Golf Rabbit have Controls on steering wheel,Push start engine button,Rain sensing wipers,Electrical retractable side mirrors,Paddle shifters and also Cruise control, HID headlight, front and rear fog lamps

think u see the wrong spec from 1.2 isit , please double check ur list [laugh]

check it out

actually, the biggest difference is with the A1 u are now in premier league (but maybe relegation zone) instead of championship (top 3 teams) with the golf. so if u are already going to spend almost $120k for championship, just another $10k or so to be promoted is worth it. U see chelsea can spend more than 70million pounds on 2 players just to try to win the premier league title, $10k nothing la.

actually, the biggest difference is with the A1 u are now in premier league (but maybe relegation zone) instead of championship (top 3 teams) with the golf. so if u are already going to spend almost $120k for championship, just another $10k or so to be promoted is worth it. U see chelsea can spend more than 70million pounds on 2 players just to try to win the premier league title, $10k nothing la.

I understand you, but if i want to post something i would check if the spec is rite 1st [laugh]

Can anyone tell me the difference between

PA Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 122bhp (A) 126k

and

PI Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line (A) 145k?

Seems like not much difference to me. [confused]

Can anyone tell me the difference between

PA Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 122bhp (A) 126k

and

PI Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line (A) 145k?

Seems like not much difference to me. [confused]

ask like that no point, its better if you compare spec sheet between both. S-line could be aesthetic differences to make the car look more sporty.

maybe other smaller differences like rim design, size, tyre brands, interior features like cruise control, leather, keyless ignition etc etc. some AD will have but PI dont have and vice versa, even though for same trim levels.

Neutral Newbie

TS might also want to take note of the rear suspensions used. Golf offers multi-link which is quite rare for hatchbacks. I don't see the point of paying higher premium and end up with a torsion beam setup.