Those who own Made in Korea cars,

Rubberstamp

Supercharged

I changed from avante to ceferio.

Now that's the problem.

Cefiro maybe more comfortable to sit in. But it's nosier.

A bit problematic, etc.

And koreN cArs are seriously way too beautiful. Those who own Korean cars have better taste.

Look at the new civic, personally it's fugly. Look at the almeria. It's super fugly.

And my cefiro. It looks better than teana

↡ Advertisement

Your statement goes well with VW gearbox problems. My coy has 4 VW and 3 already hospitalized for gb issues. The other is a new car just this year and we are already betting to see when his gb going to kaput. [laugh]

wonder hows the veloster DSG working out...

Neutral Newbie

Your statement goes well with VW gearbox problems. My coy has 4 VW and 3 already hospitalized for gb issues. The other is a new car just this year and we are already betting to see when his gb going to kaput. [laugh]

U r right bro..was driving VW for about one year....2nd to 3rd gear always judder...send for servicing...same thing...den they have this DSG software update..tot problem will be solved..yet problem persisted again...hai...

Neutral Newbie

I changed from avante to ceferio.

Now that's the problem.

Cefiro maybe more comfortable to sit in. But it's nosier.

A bit problematic, etc.

And koreN cArs are seriously way too beautiful. Those who own Korean cars have better taste.

Look at the new civic, personally it's fugly. Look at the almeria. It's super fugly.

And my cefiro. It looks better than teana

Yeah bro...look at K5..it's damn beautiful!

Jap cars are so ugly nowadays... i feel that for Jap cars..only Mazda cars are the nicest...

Neutral Newbie

K5 ... what a sexy car ! but I don't know why there is not much on the road. I don't have budget for this car with this COE pricing.

(edited)

no lah. he want to start flame war lah.

Wah.. Not again the wealth comparison thingly. [laugh] [laugh] Why Made in Korea cars got to do with wealth??? [confused]

Edited by HP_Lee

Turbocharged

Wah.. Not again the wealth comparison thingly. [laugh] [laugh] Why Made in Korea cars got to do with wealth??? [confused]

go see when the thread started leh [laugh]

Korean B&B cars reliable. My dad's previous avante served him well for 5 years without issues. Only sent for normal servicing thats all.

U r right bro..was driving VW for about one year....2nd to 3rd gear always judder...send for servicing...same thing...den they have this DSG software update..tot problem will be solved..yet problem persisted again...hai...

At least your problem is not that bad as my colleague whose vw stop at traffic light and dead for good.need tow truck to send to hospital...not once but twice. Another vw got also same, dead, couldn't start.

Thought this software thing able to do magic, look like say say only...better warn my colleague.

Neutral Newbie

hmm.. VW known for their gearbox problem.. right? according to what industry ppl says also (except the VW sales person)

Supersonic

Nope.. that's the 3rd trim.

Basic

Elite

Elite with Sunroof.

But i tot elantra looks weird with sunroof.. haha

Elantra looks weird with sunroof? I find ok la, cause nowadays seems like only some of the korea car model comes with sunroof, and you never able to find jap cars have sunroof, i really wonder why?! [:/]

hmm.. VW known for their gearbox problem.. right? according to what industry ppl says also (except the VW sales person)

read alot for the VAG forum is on the 7 sp dry DSG. same for audit on 7 speed too coz all same company. hope this help.

regarding to the topic, personally i would spend max 20% on car (loan, cp, petrol, service) that why i get a honda Fit GE6. btw i am going to change to Kimchi car.. veloster.T!

Edited by Darren4182

I don't know the TS' intent of linking Korean cars with people whose salaries are $75K, or lower.

It's rather condecending IMHO, esp for people in that societal group.

(no wonder the TS has been banned ... hehe).

I do own a Korean car and an OPC one at that. It's used mainly for marketing and also to places (e.g. HDB car parks) where there is a higher probability of sustaining dents and dings.

I have >3 cars and the others are all German luxury marques, which I keep at home, to work and for business and other social dinners.

And while my salary is way higher than the TS' cutoff of $75K, I can unabashedly confirm that my 2009 Korean OPC is super reliable, with no breakdowns - mechanical, electrical, or otherwise.

Just normal, scheduled servicings.

My personal (non-political) rationale:

Once you have amassed enuf normal plate cars in your stable, why even go on continuing to "donate" that $17,000 upfront and higher annual road tax to the govt?