PAY PAL SCAM TARGETING SG CARMART SELLERS

Vinil

Hi all there is a new scam targeting sg carmart direct sellers.

some one from overseas will get in touch with the seller through e -mail and act as he interested to buy your car as per your advertisement .

He will make the payment through pay pal to your account but with one condition the seller must pay some money upfront to some one then only pay pal will credit the amount to the designated account.

Pls find below the reply from PAYPAL office so pls do not fall for this kinda of scams .

Hello

Thanks for contacting PayPal. My name is Tracy and I am glad to assist you with your question regarding your PayPal account.

From your email, I understand you received an email told you that your buyer has already paid for you 4,200MYR and you are required to send money $2000.00 firstly to the recipient's address via Western Union Money Transfer so that you can receive the payment in PayPal

After checking, I am here to confirm that the email you received is not from PayPal. Firstly, your email address has already been confirmed, so that you can receive money successfully. However, there is no any transaction record.

Secondly, PayPal will guarantee that you receive the money in your PayPal account firstly, and then you can ship the goods to your buyer.

Thirdly, if you buyer paid for you ,you would receive the funds in your PayPal account immediatly.And When you log in your account to check your history, there should be a transaction record, only if the transaction status is completed, that is to say you have received the funds. Even though the transaction has been held in PayPal, there will be a related transaction record. And we never ask our user to pay for Western Union before the payment released by PayPal.

In your case, we suggest you do not click any link in this email or provide any information about your credit card or PayPal account. We advise you to forward this email to [email protected]. If any additional information is needed, our investigations team will contact you via email.

You may protect your PayPal account by paying close attention to the emails you receive and the websites you visit.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. You can also call us at: (65)-6510-4650.

Best regards!

Sincerely,

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Please be street smart, there any many versions of advance money scams. Means that the scammer require you to pay some charges first before releasing the "promised" funds to you. The scammer will milk you dry then disappear when you make threats to them.

Edited by Jj5599

Received few purported interested buyers from overseas and gladly offer to buy my car without viewing and bargaining. Of course, smell a rat immediately and stop communicating further.

Turbocharged

Don't be dumb, if I'm selling and still have to fork out money for the deal, obvious scam already... ask such buyer to fly kite. Period.

Turbocharged

Received few purported interested buyers from overseas and gladly offer to buy my car without viewing and bargaining. Of course, smell a rat immediately and stop communicating further.

So how they collect/claim your car? Drive across the causeway?

any one come across similar scams??

I also got this email and is replying to him.

See what he say and revert back with the msg replies

(edited)

Hi all there is a new scam targeting sg carmart direct sellers.

some one from overseas will get in touch with the seller through e -mail and act as he interested to buy your car as per your advertisement .

He will make the payment through pay pal to your account but with one condition the seller must pay some money upfront to some one then only pay pal will credit the amount to the designated account.

Pls find below the reply from PAYPAL office so pls do not fall for this kinda of scams .

Hello

Thanks for contacting PayPal. My name is Tracy and I am glad to assist you with your question regarding your PayPal account.

From your email, I understand you received an email told you that your buyer has already paid for you 4,200MYR and you are required to send money $2000.00 firstly to the recipient's address via Western Union Money Transfer so that you can receive the payment in PayPal

After checking, I am here to confirm that the email you received is not from PayPal. Firstly, your email address has already been confirmed, so that you can receive money successfully. However, there is no any transaction record.

Secondly, PayPal will guarantee that you receive the money in your PayPal account firstly, and then you can ship the goods to your buyer.

Thirdly, if you buyer paid for you ,you would receive the funds in your PayPal account immediatly.And When you log in your account to check your history, there should be a transaction record, only if the transaction status is completed, that is to say you have received the funds. Even though the transaction has been held in PayPal, there will be a related transaction record. And we never ask our user to pay for Western Union before the payment released by PayPal.

In your case, we suggest you do not click any link in this email or provide any information about your credit card or PayPal account. We advise you to forward this email to [email protected]. If any additional information is needed, our investigations team will contact you via email.

You may protect your PayPal account by paying close attention to the emails you receive and the websites you visit.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. You can also call us at: (65)-6510-4650.

Best regards!

Sincerely,

这。。。。摆明就是一个骗局嘛。。。。。。。

[:|]

Maybe can play along with them......if you are too free and nothing to do..... :D

Edited by Nightkids

(edited)

So how they collect/claim your car? Drive across the causeway?

(S)he said her/his agent will come and collect the car. [laugh]

Maybe, put inside luggage and check into aeroplane to take home in UK and one said he is a sailer, put onboard lor. [:p]

Edited by Kangadrool

这。。。。摆明就是一个骗局嘛。。。。。。。

[:|]

Maybe can play along with them......if you are too free and nothing to do..... :D

make them frustrated instead ... hehe

Turbocharged

Wah...Tracy's engrish from where arr?

Certainly not from anyway where engrish is a recognised language......

new approach.... but same modus operandi. Scammer always ask you for up front payment before you can get the so called money

Neutral Newbie

SCAM ALERT: Someone's trying to do it again, this time by asking you to provide your bank account number. For those who are interested, or for the sake of someone you know who is selling direct online. See my email log... ;)

471592_10150776756626651_534631650_9754974_1654695482_o.jpg

↡ Advertisement