What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

Don't stress out your engine man, does your car come with drive settings i.e sports mode, comfort mode etc?

yeah it does. twitch the gear shifts and more sensitive gas pedal(like a sprint booster)

I went to tune the car again. its now about 350nm.

the wheels spin when i do a sudden flooring of the pedals.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I see, given the case if you switch to sports it should change at optimal no need to use the pedals. Normally I use the pedals in comfort mode when the gear lags on the previous one too long while driving.

Whats the width of your rear tyres? My car puts out about 350nm but has a 275 rear tyre profile which matches the output so no lose of traction.

yeah it does. twitch the gear shifts and more sensitive gas pedal(like a sprint booster)

I went to tune the car again. its now about 350nm.

the wheels spin when i do a sudden flooring of the pedals.

If you do any modification it won't always improve the acceleration, but what you really need is more horse power or less weight. A different transmission system might increase acceleration but it is expensive. The cheap and best way to improve acceleration is by removing unnecessary components and reducing the overall weight. Getting an oil change, getting higher quality oil, or even checking the spark plugs might improve your car's performance. https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/hyundai

• Praise 1

Increasing horsepower or acceleration is always associates with losing fuel efficiency.

Car makers around the world spends billion of dollars to improve their fuel efficiency for their vehicles, to get out most of it from every drop of fuel, and we are here to re-tune the car again to sacrifice its efficiency to gain small horse power. It is not worth it... 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

People with this concern would not be on this thread  [:p]  more like this one

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2661098-how-to-double-your-gas-mileage/page-8?do=findComment&comment=5739825

Increasing horsepower or acceleration is always associates with losing fuel efficiency.

Car makers around the world spends billion of dollars to improve their fuel efficiency for their vehicles, to get out most of it from every drop of fuel, and we are here to re-tune the car again to sacrifice its efficiency to gain small horse power. It is not worth it... 

• Praise 1

this answer may SHOCK you, but its been proven by my more-than-decade long modification experience. 

if you want to really improve your car's performance, change your battery to a bigger battery. batteries supplied by the manufacturer meets the bare minimum requirement. changing to a bigger battery can give you up to 2-5% HP increase because your alternator charging power increases. removing unnecessary items also lightens your car and makes it more nimble.

please DO NOT however change your rims to significantly lighter rims because this would reduce your cornering stability. rims/wheels are unsprung weight so they do not hamper your performance in pretty much any way. this is a question of your safety guys.

another LTA approved "mod" you can do is to add a Moly additive. there are many molybdenum additives out there but the one that's given the most smiles is EP Moly. MSP Far East is the only workshop in Singapore that sells and recommends it to all its customers. 

Remember, water coming out of your exhaust is a sign of a happy engine! 

• Praise 1

please DO NOT however change your rims to significantly lighter rims because this would reduce your cornering stability. rims/wheels are unsprung weight so they do not hamper your performance in pretty much any way. this is a question of your safety guys.

another LTA approved "mod" you can do is to add a Moly additive. there are many molybdenum additives out there but the one that's given the most smiles is EP Moly. MSP Far East is the only workshop in Singapore that sells and recommends it to all its customers.

Remember, water coming out of your exhaust is a sign of a happy engine!

lighter rims will reduce cornering stability?

unsprung weight do not hamper performance?

seriously? you seem smarter than decades of automotive racing knowledge!

Seems you from MSP Far East workshop? lol

• Praise 1

lighter rims will reduce cornering stability?

unsprung weight do not hamper performance?

seriously? you seem smarter than decades of automotive racing knowledge!

Seems you from MSP Far East workshop? lol

bro, i cant take you seriously with that profile picture. LOL.

but no man, not going against anyone here buddy, just speaking from mine and my colleague's experiences.  [bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

If your care is just about increasing acceleration, I suggest you modify your car with a throttle controller, which is designed to improve the throttle response, you would feel the difference after installing a wind booster or throttle controller, no longer hesitation and much acceleration, you may search the throttle controller function to learn more about that.

• Praise 1

If your care is just about increasing acceleration, I suggest you modify your car with a throttle controller, which is designed to improve the throttle response, you would feel the difference after installing a wind booster or throttle controller, no longer hesitation and much acceleration, you may search the throttle controller function to learn more about that.

That's a snake oil.

Your leg is the best throttle controller

• Praise 3

bro, i cant take you seriously with that profile picture. LOL.

but no man, not going against anyone here buddy, just speaking from mine and my colleague's experiences.  [bounce2]

Yes lighter rims reduces cornering stability.

I wrote to all the F1 companies and told them this but all the idiots designers

refused to listen to me. They still keep using light weight alloy rims instead of

heavy steel rims and that's why F1 cars keep sliding out of corners and crashing.

A lot of people here will disagree with you but don't fall into the trap of arguing with

these idiots. I never waste my time arguing with idiots and you should too.  [thumbsup]

:D  

• Praise 2

Driving faster also saves fuel.

People that don't believe me

you drive to KL at 10 km/h

and I drive there at 90 km/h

and we compare who uses 

more fuel.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

(edited)

The worse thing for fuel economy is

a big heavy car with a small under powered engine.

The best for fuel economy is

a small light car with a big powerful engine

and its also good for acceleration.

So you can have good acceleration and 

fuel economy at the same time.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jamesc